First-ever NFLPA "Players All Pro Team"

Sierra Foothills

5 minutes ago, Manther said:

It does look good and well done.  You could argue others could be there, but, can't argue those players shouldn't be on the All-Pro Team.

I like this.  

Should there be a 2nd Player voted All-Pro team.  Not sure.  I think I like it this way.  I would be fine with either.  Seeing the top 5 at each position later works for me with one team.

I respect the players input and opinion rather than stats of a player who has played hurt all year.  To earn your teams respect and your competitions respect are two very impressive things.  Aaron Donald has earned that from his peers and vote says so.

For Jacobs really impressive kudo's to enter Free Agency.

Agreed, well said!

Most players aren't watching AD all year.  How many times has Josh Allen watched AD tape this year?

Once.  Before week one.

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Most players aren't watching AD all year.  How many times has Josh Allen watched AD tape this year?

Once.  Before week one.

So, what is your point.  Everyone who voted for AD watched tape on him?  From multiple games.

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Davante Adams really sticks out as not deserving to be on that list. Hill had an amazing year playing with some pretty crappy QB's. Diggs had a great year too but Hill deserved it

Adams had 1500 yards playing for the Raiders including 6 games where he had 4 or fewer catches. That's no small feat. I too think that second spot could have gone to a number of other qualified WRs, but he certainly was a massive producer.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Adams had 1500 yards playing for the Raiders including 6 games where he had 4 or fewer catches. That's no small feat. I too think that second spot could have gone to a number of other qualified WRs, but he certainly was a massive producer.

I just think Hill having 1700 yards would be impressive enough with just Tua, but also 1/4 of those games was with either Bridgewater or Thompson which is nuts to think about. If he had 1 good QB all year he might have had over 2000

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I just think Hill having 1700 yards would be impressive enough with just Tua, but also 1/4 of those games was with either Bridgewater or Thompson which is nuts to think about. If he had 1 good QB all year he might have had over 2000

Adams had fewer drops (7) on more targets (180) than Hill (8, 170) but Hill got 70 percent of the passes thrown his way and Adams 55.6. Two things here: having Waddle on the other side really takes away the double coverage potential, and Adams was doubled a LOT. Also, Tua is very accurate; more accurate than Carr, who is decently accurate.   

Adams was the most double-covered receiver in the league: 

Also, while this is only through 16 games, Adams was targeted 6 more times than Hill but had 22 fewer catchable balls: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-wr.php

Point is, there are numbers beneath the numbers and also the broader team context that players operate within. 

Edited by dave mcbride

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Of course no Bills are on it, although I can't really argue with any of the ones who are.

I would have probably swapped out Donald with Quinnen Williams tho...Donald has been injured a lot of the year.

Partly a reputation thing for sure and the choices aren't perfect but I think this team looks better than previous Associated Press All-Pro or NFL Pro Bowl teams.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

AD I'll give you... who else do you not think belongs?

One person who didn't qualify and hasn't come up in conversation is T.J. Watt. Watt is as dominating a defensive player as there is in the league. His impact goes way beyond statistics. The earlier mention of Micah Parsons is a good call too.

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pretty much all no brainer. I’d say jacobs maybe shouldn’t be the RB. I understand he led the league in rushing but Chubb is better

Hmmm... I've seen Jacobs play 5-6 times this year and he sure looked like the best running back I've watched this year.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Williams is gonna get paid this off-season.  The question is does he continue being a force once he does?

Isn't that the same for any player?

40 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Adams had fewer drops (7) on more targets (180) than Hill (8, 170) but Hill got 70 percent of the passes thrown his way and Adams 55.6. Two things here: having Waddle on the other side really takes away the double coverage potential, and Adams was doubled a LOT. Also, Tua is very accurate; more accurate than Carr, who is decently accurate.   

Adams was the most double-covered receiver in the league: 

Also, while this is only through 16 games, Adams was targeted 6 more times than Hill but had 22 fewer catchable balls: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-wr.php

Point is, there are numbers beneath the numbers and also the broader team context that players operate within. 

If NFL WRs and DBs think Davante Adams is better than Tyreek Hill I would not argue against them. IMO Hill is the kind of player who would probably do better in fan voting than player voting.

One player who's really overlooked in this voting is Pittsburgh's Cam Heyward. Every time I see him play he's dominating the game.

But he's a 3-4 defensive and so he doesn't really fall into any of the given positional categories.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

53 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't disagree Hill was deserving.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.