Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

34 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

LOL imagine thinking wanting to win a super bowl is such a “terrible” want for a Bills fan. Sue me, I want to win a super bowl. 

GM’s need to understand it doesn’t matter what they want. They work for the owners who ultimately have to work for the fans because the fans are what makes the NFL. It’s sad to see so many fans simp and accept just being entertained. Some fans don’t even care about winning a super bowl, they are just happy watching football. It’s one of the reasons why my passion for being a Bills fan is dwindling somewhat. For me it’s about winning a super bowl, and the Pegula’s have been pretty adamant about being an endless check writer. So I don’t blame ownership at all currently. Right now my blame lies solely on Beane for failing to win a super bowl. If Beane trades for Hopkins, it will dramatically shift my perceptions about him. It will show to me that he understands where the issues are and he’s doing everything he can to make it happen. 

The bolded shows your whole arse. Beane's job is not to show YOU that he agrees with YOUR roster-building strategy, and therefore "dramatically shift [your] perceptions about him." 

This isn't about you. You don't necessarily know better. You DEFINITELY aren't privy to all the information and expertise that they have access to. 

You say you want a championship, but then you also say what you really want is for the Bills to try to win that championship in a way that you agree with up front, as though failure under those circumstances is somehow more palatable. Because YOU agreed with the approach. 

Get over yourself. Have some intellectual humility.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Well why should they when they have suckers for fans that will gladly eat a pile of poo like it’s a plate of the finest Italian risotto. Must be nice to be an owner that knows cash flow will always be their because of dopey fans that accept anything short of a super bowl victory. 

No a pile of dog Pooh would be a team that doesn’t make the playoffs every year finishes 7 and 9 is never in the mix for the prime draft picks, but never make the playoffs

We’ve had that team before

The funny part is, I know you know this you were posting this dog ***** on the Buffalo Bills main message board back whenever we were going 7 and 9 literally the same rhetoric

This team has won their division several years in a row, and I’ve been in a position to get to the Super Bowl several years in a row

they just came off of 13 and three season

It is a winning franchise

Being the owner of an NFL franchise is the easiest business ever. Imagine being in charge of a product that sells no matter how great it is. 

Go buy one

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

The bolded shows your whole arse. Beane's job is not to show YOU that he agrees with YOUR roster-building strategy, and therefore "dramatically shift [your] perceptions about him." 

This isn't about you. You don't necessarily know better. You DEFINITELY aren't privy to all the information and expertise that they have access to. 

You say you want a championship, but then you also say what you really want is for the Bills to try to win that championship in a way that you agree with up front, as though failure under those circumstances is somehow more palatable. Because YOU agreed with the approach. 

Get over yourself. Have some intellectual humility.

I’m fine with letting Beane do things his way, but so far his way hasn’t gotten us anywhere. How long do we wait? 2 more years? 5 more years? When does his strategic methods become accepted as a failure? 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No a pile of dog Pooh would be a team that doesn’t make the playoffs every year finishes 7 and 9 is never in the mix for the prime draft picks, but never make the playoffs

We’ve had that team before

The funny part is, I know you know this you were posting this dog ***** on the Buffalo Bills main message board back whenever we were going 7 and 9 literally the same rhetoric

This team has won their division several years in a row, and I’ve been in a position to get to the Super Bowl several years in a row

they just came off of 13 and three season

It is a winning franchise

Go buy one

For me a 7-9 team is the same thing as a 14-3 team that didn’t win a super bowl. See that’s where our ideological differences are. You accept 2nd and 3rd place as an accomplishment. If you want to be a fan of playoffs, then I can’t stop you. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s not what I want, I just don’t want AZ to get mad with us and then decide they don’t want to deal with us or give him to another team. They ultimately control where Hopkins goes. We need Hopkins, we desperately need another offensive weapon to compete against KC/Cinci. Negotiating over picks or salary eating is stupid. I’m not saying to give whatever they want, but it sounds like what AZ is asking for isn’t totally outrageous. It just sounds like Beane is trying to nickel and dime when this situation doesn’t call for that. It’s his job to upgrade and just get on with it, even if that means compromising more than what he thinks is “fair” . 

If the last bit of info being sent out is any indication - there is NO team in the NFL willing to meet Arizona's demands AND pay for Hopkins' deal. So you may think it isn't outrageous. But apparently, every single team in the league does. 

It's clear you don't care what it takes. You've said you'd give up a 1st Rounder and add 3 dummy years to the deal which will have us paying millions long after he's off the team. But Beane and the entire league doesn't agree with that. Or else a deal would already be done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If the last bit of info being sent out is any indication - there is NO team in the NFL willing to meet Arizona's demands AND pay for Hopkins' deal. So you may think it isn't outrageous. But apparently, every single team in the league does. 

It's clear you don't care what it takes. You've said you'd give up a 1st Rounder and add 3 dummy years to the deal which will have us paying millions long after he's off the team. But Beane and the entire league doesn't agree with that. Or else a deal would already be done.

No Bills fan is going to care about paying off Hopkins salary even after he’s gone if it means we win a super bowl this year. Nobody. 

• Eyeroll 4

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m fine with letting Beane do things his way, but so far his way hasn’t gotten us anywhere. How long do we wait? 2 more years? 5 more years? When does his strategic methods become accepted as a failure? 

For me a 7-9 team is the same thing as a 14-3 team that didn’t win a super bowl. See that’s where our ideological differences are. You accept 2nd and 3rd place as an accomplishment. If you want to be a fan of playoffs, then I can’t stop you. 

What a terrible perspective.  You sound like a miserable person.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s not what I want, I just don’t want AZ to get mad with us and then decide they don’t want to deal with us or give him to another team. They ultimately control where Hopkins goes. We need Hopkins, we desperately need another offensive weapon to compete against KC/Cinci. Negotiating over picks or salary eating is stupid. I’m not saying to give whatever they want, but it sounds like what AZ is asking for isn’t totally outrageous. It just sounds like Beane is trying to nickel and dime when this situation doesn’t call for that. It’s his job to upgrade and just get on with it, even if that means compromising more than what he thinks is “fair” . 

Actually, you WERE saying give them anything they want earlier in this very thread, since the Bills couldn’t afford letting him go to the Chiefs. The Chiefs are out on DHop. And now you are claiming “it sounds like” Arizona isn’t asking for anything unreasonable. Based on what, exactly? 

dude you’re not an expert. You’re not particularly insightful on anything football related. You’re a fanboy who was right about Breece Hall and now you think you’re a GM? Please homie for 40 pages of this thread you’ve been embarrassing yourself. 

i get it, you’re on a bender and this DHop idea seems obvious in your drunken mind, but give it a rest. See how it plays out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

What a terrible perspective.  You sound like a miserable person.  

What is miserable about want to win a super bowl, and accepting anything less as failure? The whole point of playing NFL football is to win a super bowl, that goes for any competition. I guess it means being miserable if you don’t recognize participation trophies. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No Bills fan is going to care about paying off Hopkins salary even after he’s gone if it means we win a super bowl this year. Nobody. 

We will if it means we're costing ourselves players we can't afford to re-sign for a guy who hasn't been on the team in 3 years. 

And you might not care. But that doesn't matter. If that report that no team in the league is willing to pill the trigger, that means the demand from Arizona is by definition currently totally outrageous.

As is this idea that DHop automatically equates to a Super Bowl win. It's not that simple.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is my major fear. Something like that would be the last straw for me. I could never support Beane again if that were to happen. 

It's one thing if he doesn't wanna give up something substantial like a first or 2nd round pick. But if he is trying to offer up a 5th or 6th and all it will take is a 4th. And he doesn't do it. That would be inexcusable in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Actually, you WERE saying give them anything they want earlier in this very thread, since the Bills couldn’t afford letting him go to the Chiefs. The Chiefs are out on DHop. And now you are claiming “it sounds like” Arizona isn’t asking for anything unreasonable. Based on what, exactly? 

dude you’re not an expert. You’re not particularly insightful on anything football related. You’re a fanboy who was right about Breece Hall and now you think you’re a GM? Please homie for 40 pages of this thread you’ve been embarrassing yourself. 

i get it, you’re on a bender and this DHop idea seems obvious in your drunken mind, but give it a rest. See how it plays out.

My main point was doing what it takes to land Hopkins or at the very least doing everything it takes to keep him out of KC. Yes, if KC was indeed willing to give a 3rd and eat salary, then yes we should offer a 2nd. It doesn’t sound like it would take that much, so no I wouldn’t support just giving then anything for the sake of anything. I just want to give them what it takes to land Hopkins. There are no other WRs out there that are reasonably had other than Hopkins. So it would be a big failure not being about to land him. 

26 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That in a nutshell explains you and your problem

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's one thing if he doesn't wanna give up something substantial like a first or 2nd round pick. But if he is trying to offer up a 5th or 6th and all it will take is a 4th. And he doesn't do it. That would be inexcusable in my opinion 

I'm almost sure it's not the picks, it's the money. Arizona is only doing this as a salary dump. I don't think Beane wants to take on the full cap hits for 23 and 24 or even can even if he wanted to. And I don't think he's interested in paying millions for 3 years after his contract is over.

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

And the whole point of your BS is following your ideas will win the Bills a SB. Which they most certainly might not. 

But at what point are you willing to give Beane to see if his ideas will win the Bills a SB? What harm is there to bringing Hopkins on board, isn’t this the time to make risky moves when you are like one major piece a way from winning a super bowl? We proved that we couldn’t outscore Cinci. They lost no major offensive weapon this offseason, so we need to do something on offense that will give us a a competitive advantage. I can’t think of any other reasonable scenario better than trading for Hopkins. Can you think of anything better at the moment? 

I'm almost sure it's not the picks, it's the money. Arizona is only doing this as a salary dump. I don't think Beane wants to take on the full cap hits for 23 and 24 or even can even if he wanted to. And I don't think he's interested in paying millions for 3 years after his contract is over.

Imagine the outrage that Brandon Beane would take if we made that trade as being described where we’re carrying millions of Hit after the player is no longer on the team and we didn’t win the Super Bowl

Fans would crucify him

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

But at what point are you willing to give Beane to see if his ideas will win the Bills a SB? What harm is there to bringing Hopkins on board, isn’t this the time to make risky moves when you are like one major piece a way from winning a super bowl? We proved that we couldn’t outscore Cinci. They lost no major offensive weapon this offseason, so we need to do something on offense that will give us a a competitive advantage. I can’t think of any other reasonable scenario better than trading for Hopkins. Can you think of anything better at the moment? 

The harm is that as much as you'd like to think trading for Hopkins means we're automatically handed a Lombardi, that's no guarantee. We'll have him for 2 years and be paying him for 5.

And if it doesn't work, we've screwed ourselves further on the cap for 3 more seasons where we'll have to lose players we can't afford to keep.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Imagine the outrage that Brandon Beane would take if we made that trade as being described where we’re carrying millions of Hit after the player is no longer on the team and we didn’t win the Super Bowl

Fans would crucify him

As opposed to crucifying him for not winning the super bowl while sitting on his hands running it back? You can’t win without risk, he’s on the hot seat no matter what, so you might as go down swinging, and now is the time you  throw those haymakers. 

The harm is that as much as you'd like to think trading for Hopkins means we're automatically handed a Lombardi, that's no guarantee. We'll have him for 2 years and be paying him for 5.

And if it doesn't work, we've screwed ourselves further on the cap for 3 more seasons where we'll have to lose players we can't afford to keep.

As opposed to running it back and hoping the draft picks are enough to push us over the edge? What if we draft for 2 more years and we still haven’t won a super bowl? At some point you have to take a big swing. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

As opposed to running it back and hoping the draft picks are enough to push us over the edge? What if we draft for 2 more years and we still haven’t won a super bowl? At some point you have to take a big swing. 

You mean like going out and getting Von Miller just last season on a 6 year 120 million dollar deal? Or trading for Stefon Diggs? He has made big swings. He also had to give Josh Allen a huge contract. We cannot afford to do big swings every single year. We can't afford to constantly push the cap credit further and further down the road.

I hope this happens. I really do. I hope there's a way it can work. But if Beane determines he can't, and apparently right now EVERY single team in the league feels the same, then we can't. 

• Like (+1) 1