"Unknown" high ranking official from Bills or Bengals trashes NFL and Troy Vincent for response

Big Turk

4 hours ago, Lake Ontario said:

Interesting with this insight to think about how broken up Troy sounded the next day.  More than sympathy behind those tears?

Also interesting Diggs has not been available to the media very much after last Monday's events.  For him not to be on the podium as a captain, leader, catching the bomb against Pats...  he might want to stay away from a mic for a while due to bad taste in his mouth.

Huh? Help me understand how Diggs is involved in this?

4 hours ago, muppy said:

hmm well if the Bills had walked off the field and by that action the statement is "we aren't playing". that's tough beans for the NFL. ....Would McDermott have willingly and SINGULARLY defied the NFL's wishes to go back? I  don't know.  But yes it IS a moot point now. But its an interesting discussion into what the NFL is really all about when push comes to shove

I care because even though the right thing happened for a multitude of good reasons IF the NFL's position was They Must Resume Play it shows they care only about their money. It would have been a terrible callous look.

Yes an very unprecedented happenstance. I maintain mad respect for Both teams.  The NFL response I want to give them the benefit of the doubt considering ALL the circumstances. 

I disagree.  Troy Vincent, it turns out, is not "the NFL".  The NFL ultimately  listened to the coaches and canceled the game--we could see them talking to likely Goodell Dawn Aponte's cell phone in the tunnel. 

If McD said "we aren't playing", contrary to the NFL's wishes, they would have had to take the L as a forfeit.  About an hour after Hamlin left the stadium, they sorted it out--I.e.  the NFL made the right decision.   That hour or so really means nothing.

If anything, this reporting makes one guy look really bad---but his opinion did not prevail, obviously.  Again....so what?  This is more a story for those who are predisposed to dumping on the organization that provides essentially free entertainment that they can't get enough of.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Like they often say, the coverup is usually worse than the initial lie.

Yes Teflon™ T*m demonstrated that with I destroy my cell phone each month.

Maybe when Bill Beli-CHEAT retires he will work in front office of NFL. 

Spokesman would be a good job since he can speak with forked tounge without moving lips.

Liar-Liar.png

Just now, BigDingus said:

Yo man, it was late, I hadn't slept, and I'm clearly on drugs, so how dare you call me out like that! 😅

I somehow missed that this was suddenly 7 pages long and it was already addressed, so I called myself out there too!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I disagree.  Troy Vincent, it turns out, is not "the NFL".  The NFL ultimately  listened to the coaches and canceled the game--we could see them talking to likely Goodell Dawn Aponte's cell phone in the tunnel. 

If McD said "we aren't playing", contrary to the NFL's wishes, they would have had to take the L as a forfeit.  About an hour after Hamlin left the stadium, they sorted it out--I.e.  the NFL made the right decision.   That hour or so really means nothing.

If anything, this reporting makes one guy look really bad---but his opinion did not prevail, obviously.  Again....so what?  This is more a story for those who are predisposed to dumping on the organization that provides essentially free entertainment that they can't get enough of.

he is employed by the NFL and not in an insignificant role so there is that. His voice carries weight and in retrospect not enough. That's a good thing

Free entertainment? I guess the decades we have  been  paying for the NFL Sunday ticket, home season tickets,  away games as well as merch means squat to the NFL'. Gotcha.

@-@

Edited by muppy

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

he is employed by the NFL and not in an insignificant role so there is that. His voice carries weight and in retrospect not enough. That's a good thing

Free entertainment? I guess the decades we have  been  paying for the NFL Sunday ticket, home season tickets,  away games as well as merch means squat to the NFL's bottom line. Gotcha.

@-@

lol well anyone is "free" to buy other NFL product, if they want more content--and no doubt they appreciate your extra cash!.  It's great you have seasons but every local Bills  fan who doesn't can watch most games for free on network TV.

And Vincent likely got spanked by the League after this story broke.  Whatever it is, clearly his role is not significant enough to have canceled that game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Huh? Help me understand how Diggs is involved in this?

Hey Giuseppe - if the central claim of this report is that the NFL wanted the teams to keep playing, it might explain why Diggs was trying to rally his team to get focused to keep playing as was seen on the broadcast.  Clearly conjecture on my part, but it seemed out of place at the time.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.