Poyer playing with torn meniscus

Dablitzkrieg

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Definitely do not pay him! He is not getting younger and constantly hurt. Hopefully we win it all this year and he walks away.

I would love to bring him back but I tend to agree he wants a big contract and is older and banged up. He is so important to the defense but the Bills have to make cuts somewhere and it would be better to give Edumonds the deal and keep a 25 year old LB.

Poyer is a warrior and I think he has been such a big part of this teams success since he got here in 2017

• Like (+1) 1

I had this pre Covid. It might not be as serious has how mine was….

I could walk okay but my knee could suddenly give out. So I walked with a cane for stability until I had surgery.

about a third of mine was torn so the surgeon just tore that off.  My surgery took 3 months to get. I had it earlier schedule but my surgeon needed one of his own ( playing basketball he tore his Acheles)

16 hours ago, nucci said:

and I'm sure his elbow still hurts. wears a brace on it, I think

Yep, pretty sure that arm has a torn long head of his biceps. Can play with it but I bet he gets off season surgery. Now playing with a meniscus injury,,,wow he is a man’s man!  That hurts with twisting , cutting.  Guy is amazing with desire and placing team above himself.  He is the heart of that backfield this year.  Amazing how he didn’t let that guy hurdle him!  Now with this Hamlin issue, I don’t know how they can overcome much more.   Tre being out there shows a lot of heart too. It’s looking like we are running out of solutions against a team like cincy but what can you do ?  Missing von doesn’t help either. Injuries may prevent this team from its final goal, but the future still looks good. I just feel for them putting in all that time and too many things going on they have no control of.  They had a great roster that is slowly being decimated by freak injuries.  

18 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Pay him!!!

I love Poyer but this is the exact reason you don’t pay him. He is in the wrong side of 30, he is getting hurt more, and he is going to want too much. Once the Allen contract kicks in, you are going to have to let good players walk. It’s what happens when you have a good team.

dude is a warrior and baller. I wish there was no salary cap. But paying aging vet who are starting to get injured more and more is how you close your SB window.  It sucks and it’s a dirty business but that’s how you should operate. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.