Republican George Santos aka "Anthony Devolder" He Was Given Committee Assignments?????

Tiberius

22 hours ago, BillStime said:

Both Biden and Trump have major flaws but for most Americans - it came down to the lesser of two evils and Biden won in a landslide.

you kind of explained why Obama (outsider at the time) won over Hillary. why trump beat her as well.  seems many of bidens 81 million are pretty quiet lately. 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

you kind of explained why Obama (outsider at the time) won over Hillary. why trump beat her as well.  seems many of bidens 81 million are pretty quiet lately. 

Biden supporters couldn’t be more pleased with Biden’s first two years.

15 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Wow sounds rough, too bad Trump lost 60+ court cases trying to prove this “fraud.”

and his hand-picked security chief said it was the most secure election in history. 

Too bad you don’t believe a single thing you wrote. I’m not playing your game. It was the least secured election ever and you know it. Too bad you let politics become more important than the country. 

Must suck to live in denial.

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Westside said:

Too bad you don’t believe a single thing you wrote. I’m not playing your game. It was the least secured election ever and you know it. Too bad you let politics become more important than the country. 

Must suck to live in denial.

I don't, huh? What else do I not believe in, while you're in my head?

Do you deny that Chris Krebs, Trump's HAND-PICKED security advisor, said it was a completely secure election? 

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12/joint-statement-elections-infrastructure-government-coordinating-council-election

Same thing as the sad little boy on the playground whose kickball team lost. Facts don't care about your feelings 😉

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 1

This is all a game for Santos. The dude is clueless and is just happy getting his $174,000 salary. He can’t believe everyone bought his bs. Does anyone know what his actual work experience is? What a joke. What a perfect example of the R party today. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Andy1 said:

This is all a game for Santos. The dude is clueless and is just happy getting his $174,000 salary. He can’t believe everyone bought his bs. Does anyone know what his actual work experience is? What a joke. What a perfect example of the R party today. 

Again, Andy, while Santos is an extreme example, people voting for a known liar and misrepresented of truth is nothing really new.  Hillary Clinton was a known enabler of sexual predation by her husband, he himself known as “Slick Willy” and a known liar who has been a dem mainstay for decades, after lying through his chompers and committing perjury. 

Blumenthal, Clinton, Clinton, Biden, Schiff, Swalwell…the list goes on and on.  

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Again, Andy, while Santos is an extreme example, people voting for a known liar and misrepresented of truth is nothing really new.  Hillary Clinton was a known enabler of sexual predation by her husband, he himself known as “Slick Willy” and a known liar who has been a dem mainstay for decades, after lying through his chompers and committing perjury. 

Blumenthal, Clinton, Clinton, Biden, Schiff, Swalwell…the list goes on and on.  

The often used tactic among right wingers is to find some extreme example on the left and claim that it represents the Democratic Party. I see it on this board all the time. It’s what Fox News does as well as politicians. Both parties have their own extremes and the Republicans now have Santos.  If Hillary is a known enabler of sexual predation then certainly Jim Jordan is with his actions at Ohio State. I won’t defend Bill, but obviously there is a long list of powerful politicians on both sides of the isle who have had affairs while being married, starting with the orange guy. 

Many politicians have “embellished their resume” but Santos completely invented his. Like no one even knows who this guy is and where he worked prior to his political campaign. Somehow he instantly got very wealthy just before running for office. There should be some law against such fabrication of one’s background but apparently there isn’t. A lot of our democracy depends upon some basic level of trust and truth telling. Trump smashed that concept to bits… and now we get Santos.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

And Joke and Fetterman are the perfect example for the D party today.

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

The often used tactic among right wingers is to find some extreme example on the left and claim that it represents the Democratic Party. I see it on this board all the time. It’s what Fox News does as well as politicians. Both parties have their own extremes and the Republicans now have Santos.  If Hillary is a known enabler of sexual predation then certainly Jim Jordan is with his actions at Ohio State. I won’t defend Bill, but obviously there is a long list of powerful politicians on both sides of the isle who have had affairs while being married, starting with the orange guy. 

Many politicians have “embellished their resume” but Santos completely invented his. Like no one even knows who this guy is and where he worked prior to his political campaign. Somehow he instantly got very wealthy just before running for office. There should be some law against such fabrication of one’s background but apparently there isn’t. A lot of our democracy depends upon some basic level of trust and truth telling. Trump smashed that concept to bits… and now we get Santos.

Yeah, I know this one too, Andy.  It’s one of the oldest dialogue parlor tricks in interpersonal communication, typically filed under the category of “I don’t want to talk about THAT…”. 

What I can tell you is really pretty simple, and that’s the history of our government is loaded with people bending or outright breaking the sacred trust held with the American people, that Trump’s lies and half truths were no better, no worse than many who went before, the great faux Russia scourge of 2015 was neither new nor particularly creative, and that the “Stolen election of 2020” wasn’t all that different than the “Illegitimate election of 2016”.  

The one constant the manipulators of people can count on is that people will reply as you did, attempting to secure their place in the moral high ground of American politics with “This guy is way worse than my guy” followed by a very tepid and impotent statement like yours and “I won’t defend Bill…” followed by a few  line items where you do just that.  

The reason we get what we always got is because we always do what we always did, Andy.    Meanwhile, people of otherwise good will do what you just did—thinking somehow or someway you’ve contributed to some grand narrative when all you really do is reveal your own personal bias and willingness to look the other way so long as your guy is winning.  

Santos is just another in a long line of liars and manipulators, but he’s still a small gator in a very large swamp.  

Communication and dialogue on uncomfortable subjects, such as support of politicians with some very ugly skeletons in their closet is nothing to fear.  Growth comes from introspection at times.  

Reminder:

On 12/28/2022 at 11:57 AM, B-Man said:

There are already means to remove someone from office.   If his constituents want, they should start this process.

Instead what do we get ?

A leftist media instructing us that this nonsense is the biggest story of the day,  and we should all debate it over and over online.

No thanks.