Love the dolphins forum - Bills won because of the refs?

Matt_In_NH

On 12/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously nobody has crystal ball and things could change dramatically between Feb and next fall but have to expect the Dolphins and Jets to improve even further in the offseason. Patriots are a true wildcard because of Belichik's future hanging in the balance. But overall the Bills are in the toughest spot from a cap standpoint and will have a lot of challenges improving the roster and addressing the current holes, let alone preventing a major falloff due to pending FA departures and roster cuts.

Alright Mr. Filthy… break this one down for me…

DOLPHINS

Projected to be around $1M OVER the cap in the off-season.

They have 4(+) starters slated to be free agents: Gesicki, Rowe, Mostert/Wilson, Roberts. 

Their draft picks are as follows:

2nd - Own

3rd - Own

3rd - Patriots 

6th - Bears

7th - Own 

JETS

Projected to have about $16M in cap space in the off-season. 

They have approximately 8(ish) starters slated to hit free agency. Fant, McGovern, Rankins, Zuerlein, Joyner, White, Herbig, Q. Williams. 

The Jets have their full slate of picks through RD5. 

PATRIOTS

They have $55M in cap space this off-season.

They have 6 starters slated to hit free agency. Agholor, McCourty, Jones, Meyers, Wynn and Harris. 

Patriots have the RD1 and RD2 picks with a mix of random picks in the following rounds. 

BILLS

Projected to be $3.5M over the cap in the off-season. 

They have about 5 starters slated to hit free agency. Poyer, Edmunds, Saffold, Phillips and Singletary. 

They have a pick in RD 1-6. 

Bills are getting more calls in their favor than I can ever remember. I recall getting screwed numerous times in the pre-Allen years and I just don’t see as much of that anymore. I might be in the minority, but I hate the Bills benefiting from ticky tack calls as much as I do when the opposing team does. I don’t want any kind of asterisk on a championship season.

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Bills are getting more calls in their favor than I can ever remember. I recall getting screwed numerous times in the pre-Allen years and I just don’t see as much of that anymore. I might be in the minority, but I hate the Bills benefiting from ticky tack calls as much as I do when the opposing team does. I don’t want any kind of asterisk on a championship season.

I don’t necessarily disagree as the best teams get the benefit of the doubt however the bills have just as many penalties against as for in most games. And not many game changers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.