When did this team forget how to tackle?

sullim4

6 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Or if your offense scores 6 against the Jaguars? Or 15 against the Colts?

***** happens on both sides of the ball.

the colts ran it on us continually and scored like 45.  We couldn’t stop the run.   Was at that game also, freezing rain.  Terrible game. 

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

As you should be. The idea that the defense isn't good is a farce. Good defenses have bad games. The 49ers, the best defense right now got blown out by not only Kansas City, but also by the Falcons.

That was 2 months ago bro.  The 49ers defense is playing lights out right now.  Epenesa and Basham were lousy last nite.  Neither is an NFL starting caliber D Lineman.  The Von Miller injury is killing us. Not having Hyde all season has also been a problem.  Hamlin makes a few plays, but is young and doesn't have nearly the instincts yet that Hyde has playing on the back end. 

Regardless, the defense scratched and clawed and made the plays they needed to (the whole team did) in the 4th qtr to get a huge win.  As for the Cam Lewis destroying the punter penalty.  That seems like a cutable play to me.  Wow that was bad.. 

• Disagree 2

10 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I've seen terrible tackling performances before, but I think the first half tonight took the cake.  It seems like the defensive staff is telling the players to try to punch the ball out rather than make the tackle, and this is costing the team significant yards allowed after contact.  They cannot continue to do this - they will lose to good teams in the playoffs playing defense like this.

I see several threads trying to go after Dorsey in this game... but I was a lot more disappointed in the defensive performance, especially in the running game.

They need to stop with the punching and arm tackles, put a hat on the football with good, solid form tackles, and the ball will come out more often than people think.  

3 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

Cam Lewis made a good tackle. Too bad it was one of the dumbest plays I've seen

I still have no idea what could've possibly been going through his mind when he decided to do that.

Edited by Billz4ever

My jaw hit the floor watching Epenesa ineptly swing his arm at the back of Mostert's shoulder in a sort of "punch attempt" that landed 4 feet away from the ball. Push the guy out of bounds! Same with Taron, who let himself get dragged 10 more yards, he could have pushed the guy out of bounds a lot sooner. 

That said, Taron played well IMO. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.