Ticket buying strategy

QB Bills

For those who have attended bad weather games, do you find it's best to wait until closer to gametime to buy tickets? I've been searching for 4 in the lower bowl and the prices are still quite high.

We're coming in from Toronto so the last thing we want is to not be able to get a decent set or end up paying even more out of desperation.

Also, if the weather is bad at the end of the game, how long does it take to get out of the stadium and to the border?

Last year a buddy had to dump playoff tickets a day or two before the game. By then everyone knew it was going to be 5-below so he only got $30 for them. 

Seeing as how bad snow is a given, it might be rock bottom time for prices right now. Cheapest tickets at the moment of this posting are $99 not including fees.

As for getting home it's going to be really bad around the stadium but better as you get close to the city. I won't venture a guess on how long it will take to get back. But if I were you I'd park further from the stadium and on the side of the road exiting away. You don't want to have to cross lanes to get out.

That would be eastbound Southwestern, northbound Abbott or eastbound Big Tree, but this is important, well past the stadium lot exit become police shut Big Tree down for a long time to let people out of the stadium lots first.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I went to a game a few years back and a guy was holding a wad of tickets over his head " anybody need tickets? " he did this for about 15 minutes. Finally some 14 year old asked "how much? " 

The guy said "free, I just want to get rid of them. So this young kid got 10 tickets for free :doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I went to a game a few years back and a guy was holding a wad of tickets over his head " anybody need tickets? " he did this for about 15 minutes. Finally some 14 year old asked "how much? " 

The guy said "free, I just want to get rid of them. So this young kid got 10 tickets for free :doh:

Yes the good old fays when scalpers had paper tickets when you MIGHT be ripped off rather than currently when you know TicketShafter will.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes the good old fays when scalpers had paper tickets when you MIGHT be ripped off rather than currently when you know TicketShafter will.

I did that once but not 10 tickets.

They were from a bar that couldn't sell them to anyone.( Bad weather game) So I gave them away outside the stadium. 

Thanks for the suggestions. We bit the bullet and paid 175 each for 4 in section 113. I'm sure we could have gotten a better deal had we waited but bird in hand and all that..

Thanks for the parking tip Promo. If there are any other suggestions on how to minimize the time to get back home (to Toronto) after the game, I'm all ears (eyes).

Mini shovel, hand/foot warmers, cardboard..anything else I'm missing to brave the elements? The forecast doesn't look like it's going to be too cold but want to be prepared regardless.

Edited by QB Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.