Twitter Files Part 6: Twitter, The FBI Subsidiary & Supplemental information

BillsFanNC

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The government flagging things for review is fine, and even probably good. 

Is there evidence that the government coerced Twitter into making a decision against its own policy?

But of course...the FBI flagging posts for moderation? That's fine!

But Musk acting unilaterally? Bad.

:lol:

The government has no business flagging anything for private companies for content moderation. Period.

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Some context if anyone is interested:

No it hasn't been well documented. 

Lie.

And no they don't have any business doing it.

Period.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

But of course...the FBI flagging posts for moderation? That's fine!

But Musk acting unilaterally? Bad.

:lol:

The government has no business flagging anything for private companies for content moderation. Period.

No it hasn't been well documented. 

Lie.

And no they don't have any business doing it.

Period.

So if the FBI identifies bot accounts under the control of China spamming pro-China anti-Taiwan propaganda, they should… do nothing? Just hope that every social media site has the sophistication to identify and deal with it?

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

@ChiGoose has been in rare form today.

An hour ago he was against censorship, before he had a change of heart and is now excusing the government giving Twitter a helping hand with censorship.

Against it before he was for it. 

<_<

This is a gross mischaracterization of my position, but that’s par for the course for you.

The government coercing a social media company to censor legal content is wrong. 

The government flagging potential issues to a social media company, with the social media company having the ability to determine if the content warrants action being taken is fine. In fact, in the example I cite previously, it would be a good thing. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So if the FBI identifies bot accounts under the control of China spamming pro-China anti-Taiwan propaganda, they should… do nothing? Just hope that every social media site has the sophistication to identify and deal with it?

I didn't know that Billy Baldwin is a Chinese bot.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Funny how the very same people who attempt to normalize this behavior by the FBI also call their political opponents fascists.

You cant make it up.

The scary thing is there are a lot of people that have more of a problem with the people exposing mass surveillance programs than the people running mass surveillance programs.  For their sake I hope at least they're personally compensated in some way to participate or go along with the program because the alternative is to be a fool.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Lost in all of this is the fact that the FBI had the infamous laptop for over a YEAR, and they knew for a fact that it was genuine. But they spread the disinformation narrative nonetheless. Election integrity…my arse! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1