GOP operative found guilty of funneling Russian money to Donald Trump

A Republican political strategist was convicted of illegally helping a Russian businessman contribute to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Jesse Benton, 44, was pardoned by Trump in 2020 for a different campaign finance crime, months before he was indicted again on six counts related to facilitating an illegal foreign campaign donation. He was found guilty Thursday on all six counts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/11/17/benton-trump-russian-vasilenko-guilty/

24 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Russia!

Never change commies.

Please never change.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

I guess there's your Russian collusion.  That $25K was the key to overcoming Hilly's $1B+ campaign and hacking all those voting machines.

If you don’t believe that the Russians helped the Trump campaign and that the Trump campaign worked with Russian assets, then I don’t know what to tell you at this point because you live in an absolute fantasy world. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

If you don’t believe that the Russians helped the Trump campaign and that the Trump campaign worked with Russian assets, then I don’t know what to tell you at this point because you live in an absolute fantasy world. 

My conspiracy theory is the Russians played both sides.  They felt the could bring us down from within.  If so it’s safe to say they have so far been successful.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Whose votes were changed?

4 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Crickets in here lol.

see no evil - hear no evil - say no evil

I don't believe anything I read thanks to you lefty scumbags liars and biden sack holding media 

propagandist liars. 

GG, I guess satan wins.

51 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I don't believe anything I read thanks to you lefty scumbags liars and biden sack holding media 

propagandist liars. 

GG, I guess satan wins.

You don't believe the conviction, despite the evidence and verdict? Yeah, that's the problem.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My conspiracy theory is the Russians played both sides.  They felt the could bring us down from within.  If so it’s safe to say they have so far been successful.  🤷🏻‍♂️

This is absolutely 100% true. There were several left-wing / BLM-type groups that were actually stood up by the Russian IRA.

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Has anyone even read the Washington Post story that was referenced here? This is clearly NOT what the thread title suggests that it is. Russian influence? Hardly. 

Yeah, I mentioned above that that whole $25K donation is the smoking gun against Trump.  Meanwhile there was nothing to see with all the foreign money the CF was getting because that was all going towards charity and not her campaign. :rolleyes:

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah, I mentioned above that that whole $25K donation is the smoking gun against Trump.  Meanwhile there was nothing to see with all the foreign money the CF was getting because that was all going towards charity and not her campaign. :rolleyes:

Did you read the story? The guy was NOT trying to make a donation to Trump. He was trying to promote himself by getting a photo with a celebrity! This entire prosecution was utter nonsense! 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me guess…..Should’ve gone with the fist pump? 😂

Ah, you must mean this:

th?id=OIP.IcC9GVhvtU0bm6IGe4XgzQHaEK&pid

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tell that to the MILLIONS of innocent Ukrainians who were forced to flee their bombed out towns under the watchful eye and firm grip of the Biden Administration. 

There's that idiotic meme again.  Just as stupid as the "mocking reporter" screen grab. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

See! It's a joke to you

If looking to Russia for support is not wrong, then nothing is wrong for The Party 

Next time you scalp your Bills tickets, let’s see if you think you’re supporting the Pegula Family. 

Hillary lost because millions of Americans can’t stand her….period! 

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A GOPer taking money from Russia means nothing to you. That's a fact

I took money from a drug dealer.  So what. 

Well it wasn't so much that I took money from him.  It was refund.  Either that or I was going to give him a bad Yelp! review.  His product sucked. 

More meaningless boogie men that don't exist.