Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Allen coughed up the ball in the endzone because that's where his defense left it after giving up a 4th and 18 to win the game - again. The defense had an opportunity to win the game and they didn't. Instead they deferred to Allen.

THEY GOT A GOAL LINE STOP WHAT

THE DEFENSE WALKED OFF THE FIELD WITH THE LEAD

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The defense gave Allen the ball back with a 4 point lead and 41 seconds left.  The win was guaranteed until Allen spit it out.  He had 3 amazing chances to win the game and he went INT, fumble 6, INT.  

100% False. The ball was on the goalline putting the snap into the endzone. Our offense couldn't kneel, they needed to get positive yards to win. In what world is having to get a yard a guaranteed win?

The defense didn't put us in a position to win - they deferred the responsibility.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

There is a strong argument to be made that the playing within himself in the first quarter with two rushing TDs in the first half put them in position to win. The Singletary fumble resulted in zero points for Minnesota.

I like the way you ignored the two Allen turnovers that resulted in 14 points for Minnesota...How much do the Bills win by without a 14 point swing?

I liked Allen's game in the first half. I hated Allen's game in the second half. Constant forcing balls and stalled drives. It isn't a sustainable model. I big part of the momentum swing was going for it on 4th and 2, and not even running on 3rd. I was mad at the staff for that call. I was also mad we took a shot at the end zone when all we needed was 2 yards. But that was Allen's game in the second half. Ignore the sticks and go for broke. 

The singletary fumble resulted in 0 points for us too though? Lol a bit of selective logic going on on both sides here.  Without the power of hindsight would you really be happy he threw the ball away on 4th down?  I find that incredibly hard to believe 

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Allen had to go the length of the field in 41 seconds because Allen coughed up the ball in the endzone gifting Minnesota the go ahead TD.  Before that Allen gave Minnesota the ball back with a short field instead of getting a first down, scoring to win the game, or making Minnesota go 95 yards to win.  

I love JA, but I cannot be more disappointed with how he played with the game on the line.  

Yep.  Allen's not a promising youngster anymore.  He's a mature superstar and, if you respect him, you should expect him to make a play to win that sort of game.  Totally fair to be disappointed that he didn't.  

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

100% False. The ball was on the goalline putting the snap into the endzone. Our offense couldn't kneel, they needed to get positive yards to win. In what world is having to get a yard a guaranteed win?

The defense didn't put us in a position to win - they deferred the responsibility.

This cannot be real

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I hear if you put things in ALL CAPS it makes them more true. The defense created a situation where the offense had to snap the ball into their own endzone. They did the bare minimum instead of doing their jobs correctly which would have ended the game outright.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes, they are. Davis is barely catching half the balls thrown at him. McKenzie is a net negative, Knox continues to disappoint, even Diggs dropped the game sealing catch that hit him in the chest.

Allen is the easy target so I get the angst. But it's real hard for me to call the guy out for throwing away a game you would never have been in without him in the first place.

I guess your expectations of a franchise QB are low. Take the INT that ended the hame for the Bills. Allen has all day in the pocket. He has an easy dump off to Singletary for a nice gain probably a first down. He could have ran the ball too. Instead he looks onto Davis who is coveted and covered by the Vikes play making best CB. Sorry that's not acceptable. Prior to that he fumbles a good snap to give the Vikes a TD instead of sealing the win. Let's be honest here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You’re kind of proving the persons point you’re responding to imo.  Yes he had chances to win the game and blew them and he should be the guy stepping up there,  but there were tons of blown opportunities on both sides of the ball making all that necessary too.  

also blaming him for the 4th down int is going a little far imo…if he threw the ball away there y’all would be screaming about it 

Thats a special interpretation.  

Allen's last 4 drives resulted in 3 turnovers and a point differential of -4 for our offense.  The defense gave him a virtual guarantee to win the game after a goal line stand and another shot to win or tie in OT.  Allen shat the bed with three amazing chances to win.  Taking a safety likely wins the game.  I cannot believe the crap I am reading today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is all kind of a meaningless exercise as there were tons of people you can point the finger at…I think everyone is right here lol 

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I hear if you put things in ALL CAPS it makes them more true. The defense created a situation where the offense had to snap the ball into their own endzone. They did the bare minimum instead of doing their jobs correctly which would have ended the game outright.

Two plays to get zero yards and they run the clock out. Or one play to take a safety and stay alive.  Either works.

Too bad the defense didnt take the field and prevent our offense from giving up a TD on first and 10.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Thats a special interpretation.  

Allen's last 4 drives resulted in 3 turnovers and a point differential of -4 for our offense.  The defense gave him a virtual guarantee to win the game after a goal line stand and another shot to win or tie in OT.  Allen shat the bed with three amazing chances to win.  Taking a safety likely wins the game.  I cannot believe the crap I am reading today.

That's completely delusional. I would love for you to take that argument to an NFL coach that it's a virtual guarantee to win in that scenario and watch them laugh you out of the room.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The bills win expectancy when the D left the field after that fourth down goal line stop was 99. 9%.

After the next snap the Bills win expectancy was 5%. I wonder what happened. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Lmao.

The defense was expected to get a pick six there to ice the game otherwise they did the bare minimum, and the bare minimum is “not allow any points” lol.

When Allen walks off the field with a lead, and the defense lets the opposing team match down the field to score and win, I blame the defense.

When the defense walks off the field with a massive 4th down goalline stop, gives the ball back to our offense and our QB fumbles in our endzone to give them the lead, I blame the QB.

That’s it. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Two plays to get zero yards and they run the clock out. Or one play to take a safety and stay alive.  Either works.

Too bad the defense didnt take the field and prevent our offense from giving up a TD on first and 10.

Not that I think Allen is without fault, because he certainly is, but he did give the defense a 17 point lead, with 1:34 left in the 3rd quarter. The next series the defense let Cook run in an 81 yard TD.

Saying that, Allen could have sealed the game on that long drive down to the 2 where he missed a wide open Davis on 3rd down. Which was the drive right after the long Cook TD.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I guess your expectations of a franchise QB are low. Take the INT that ended the hame for the Bills. Allen has all day in the pocket. He has an easy dump off to Singletary for a nice gain probably a first down. He could have ran the ball too. Instead he looks onto Davis who is coveted and covered by the Vikes play making best CB. Sorry that's not acceptable. Prior to that he fumbles a good snap to give the Vikes a TD instead of sealing the win. Let's be honest here. 

Watch the play again…I am a masochist and have been watching it all day lol.  It’s perfectly drawn up to counter the Vikings defense and Davis has a step on single coverage with no safety help because the safety took the inside crossing route.  Josh just threw an absolutely terrible ball… it’s nearly unfathomable that that play ended in an interception that is the classic you throw it to the back of the end zone and your receiver probably has a td or the ball is incomplete. 

If Davis runs a better route he is wide open for the game winner but I think he was worried the safety wouldn’t bite as hard. 

it was a straight up routine play against man coverage…he should’ve probably taken an easier option sure but if you don’t trust your qb to get that throw where it needs to go he shouldn’t be starting.  The window for that ball to get into to only give Davis a chance at the catch was huge 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, CountDorkula said:

The bills win expectancy when the D left the field after that fourth down goal line stop was 99. 9%.

After the next snap the Bills win expectancy was 5%. I wonder what happened. 

Your math is based on what?

The team needed positive yardage to win the game. QB sneaks in 2019 (last year I have available data) has an 88% success rate. 12% of the time you fail. If you fail when you start in your own endzone, that's a safety. So 12% of the time you're going to lose there.

Show your work.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.