Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

This is the ultimate homerism post I've seen in a long time. So many excuses and optimism that defies reality. Let's set the record straight. 

Good teams just don't make the kinds of mistakes Buffalo is making. I'm not going to allow you to simply shrug them off as how hum and going down swinging. This is a pattern for several games and neither the players or coaches seem capable of stopping the wave of inexcusable mistakes.

Edmunds is playing well but I fail to see how him in the game would have led to a Bills victory. The guy has NEVER been a gamer changer or wrecker. The team gave up an 81 yard TD run to Cook when it looked as if the game was almost over. With or without Edmunds that just can't happen! Shouldn't happen. The Fraizer led defense still continues to have major issues stopping the run. What adjustments are being made?

Your Minn get lucky and isn't sustainable is a ridiculous statement. Enough said there. Couldn't you say that the Bills strategy of abandoning the run and letting Allen play barn yard football not sustainable? 

The shake it off and bounce back attitude was the same thing you and others said after the Packers 2nd half play and the Jets loss. Fast forward to a Minn. loss and it's the same old song again. Ground hog day anyone.

The Bills are in jepordary of losing the season. Alarm bells are humming and hopefully they don't get totally activated Who knows how it will play out? 

There are several reasons why the Bills are playing poorly. It's injuries, play calling, coaching, players not executing and or not good enough, in game adjustments, etc...They are a team who continues to struggle to win close games. That's a sign of weak coaching and not an elite team.

In conclusion, you have every right to see the glass half full just as much as anyone who sees it half empty. There are valids reasons to have serious concerns and hope. 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476fbb1pcaemuih9y5mv

Facepalm on what you said on Edmunds.

I'm also a Yankees fan - and it reminds me a bit of how some fans were actually booing Aaron Judge in the playoffs this year.

Many of us have slogged through 25+ years of a futile search for "the guy" since Kelly.  Allen is the one, Trinity.  A couple of bad games (where he still had spectacular plays) isn't changing that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, there are people whose reactions are over the top.  It's all of a piece with the tar-and-feathering that takes place on other issues: coaching, Edmunds, McKenzie, Davis, Knox, etc.  It's part of this board.

The thing is, without going over-the-top about it, Allen has arguably cost us the last 2 games.  Wawrow captures it:

I haven't watched as much all-22 as I used to, but from the all-22 I have watched and particularly around the interceptions, there were open options and Josh chose to force the ball when he had safer choices.  Gabe Davis has 5 interceptions against him as a receiver.  He could easily have 6 if he didn't out-muscle Fitzpatrick during the Steelers game.  They're not on him for the most part, as far as I can tell - Josh is forcing the ball to him when he's well covered or throwing it in a way that lets it be picked instead of making it "Davis ball or no one" (the last one vs. the Jets was miscommunication but I thought Davis was in the right place vs. the coverage).  Similar story with Knox, who has 3 interceptions against him and again, for the most part not his fault.

Coaches like RBs to rotate to allow them to clear their heads and recover a bit from the pounding they take.  Josh at times is taking the pounding of an RB, but he never comes out, he goes back in the huddle and takes the snap and does boneheaded *****.  There may be some connection here.  Josh loves to run and truck people and he gets adulation and attention for it, but if there's a short safe pass to Singletary who could get almost as many yards maybe Josh should take it instead of getting his bell rung and coming back to the huddle.

I also think that by being somewhat boastful by the whole team about how Josh needs a hit to get in his zone.  He takes a hard hit and laughs about it.  Well maybe he gets a slightly harder hit by some opponents who are taking up a challenge.  May not get any dirty hits just another competitor trying to best Josh and ramping up the hit a notch and it causes some issues with Josh's throwing enough to see a difference in completions.  

I think the team buys into the process....  but they are not living it.  They mouth the words. Stay humble and hungry..... I see alot of very unhumble attitudes in little bits that I'm pretty sure the alpha types on this team are not humbled yet which is why they won't stop choking until they truly get humbled.  That just how the universe works.  Always a reaction to every action and once you accept that you can start to control your actions to produce the reaction to get the outcome you want.  

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm also a Yankees fan - and it reminds me a bit of how some fans were actually booing Aaron Judge in the playoffs this year.

Many of us have slogged through 25+ years of a futile search for "the guy" since Kelly.  Allen is the one, Trinity.  A couple of bad games (where he still had spectacular plays) isn't changing that.

This is flawed thinking imho. It's like settling for mediocrity. Yes the Bills have found their franchise QB. Yes fans are grateful and estatic that Allen is the Bills QB. Is that the end of the story? Of course not. Allen had to produce and play like a franchise QB. Frankly, he had played like Shi# by his own account. He had reiterated he has to play better. In this game, when you don't produce especially at QB you will deservedly got blow back and criticisms. It comes with the territory. Allen isn't immune to it. That only part of the story though. It's not all Allen's fault. The team has offensive and defensive line weaknesses, problems at RB, consistency issues at WR, injuries galore including Allen, and into the worst overall coaching job I've seen in a long time. 

With that said, the fans want a Super Bowl and many realize that it may be slipping away.  The Bills are no longer a dominate or intimidating team. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

This is the ultimate homerism post I've seen in a long time. So many excuses and optimism that defies reality. Let's set the record straight. 

Good teams just don't make the kinds of mistakes Buffalo is making. I'm not going to allow you to simply shrug them off as how hum and going down swinging. This is a pattern for several games and neither the players or coaches seem capable of stopping the wave of inexcusable mistakes.

Edmunds is playing well but I fail to see how him in the game would have led to a Bills victory. The guy has NEVER been a gamer changer or wrecker. The team gave up an 81 yard TD run to Cook when it looked as if the game was almost over. With or without Edmunds, that just can't happen! Shouldn't happen! The Fraizer led defense still continues to have major issues stopping the run. What adjustments are being made?

Your Minn get lucky and isn't sustainable is a ridiculous statement. Enough said there. Couldn't you say that the Bills strategy of abandoning the run and letting Allen play barn yard football is not sustainable? 

The shake it off and bounce back attitude was the same thing you and others said after the Packers 2nd half play and the Jets loss. Fast forward to a Minn. loss and it's the same old song again. Ground hog day anyone?

The Bills are in jepordary of losing the season. Alarm bells are humming and hopefully they don't get totally activated Who knows how it will play out? 

There are several reasons why the Bills are playing poorly. It's injuries, play calling, coaching, players not executing and or not good enough, in game adjustments, etc...They are a team who continues to struggle to win close games. That's a sign of weak coaching and not an elite team.

In conclusion, you have every right to see the glass half full just as much as anyone who sees it half empty. There are valid reasons to have concerns and hope. 

By calling his post the ultimate homerism post you created the ultimate overreaction post in a day filled with the ultimate overreactions.  

Losing edmunds had a definite negative impact on our D.  Everything he said was spot on.  

We’ll be fine as long as Josh gets his head out of his ass and we get some of our best players back from injury. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Why should he believe in his teammates? They've been underperforming to a man.

?? Are they underperforming?  Or are they not being given opportunities to perform?

If we want to talk underperforming, throwing 2 INT per game the last 3 games should head the list.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

?? Are they underperforming?  Or are they not being given opportunities to perform?

If we want to talk underperforming, throwing 2 INT per game the last 3 games should head the list.

Yes, they are. Davis is barely catching half the balls thrown at him. McKenzie is a net negative, Knox continues to disappoint, even Diggs dropped the game sealing catch that hit him in the chest.

Allen is the easy target so I get the angst. But it's real hard for me to call the guy out for throwing away a game you would never have been in without him in the first place.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes, they are. Davis is barely catching half the balls thrown at him. McKenzie is a net negative, Knox continues to disappoint, even Diggs dropped the game sealing catch that hit him in the chest.

Allen is the easy target so I get the angst. But it's real hard for me to call the guy out for throwing away a game you would never have been in without him in the first place.

It’s not only Allen.  Heck, part of the loss should be attributed to the catch Jefferson made that 1% of receivers have the ability to make .000001% of the time.  It was crazy.  There are things that people other than Allen did that contributed.  

But blaming the last play on anyone other than him and the fumble/TD  at anything less than 50/50 on him is way off.  A QB sneak there may be stressful but it should be easy.  That last throw, despite at least one person here blaming Davis, is a throw that should be attempted exactly zero percent of the time.  Never ever ever.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

We’re always a “this” and “that” away from greatness. For decades. 

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Snoop Dogg GIF by BMF

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was telling my dad in the moment during OT, just don't throw anything over the middle of the field, too risky.  Josh could have literally scrambled and slid his way down the field (to avoid contact), maybe even eventually scored without throwing the ball again.  The DB's and LB's were dropping so far back.  He just had to wait a second in the pocket and step and do his thing.  It's really a shame.. he getting labeled as a Red zone turnover machine and 4 time OT losing QB. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Mango said:

You can name me.

Allen is why we lost today, and he’s why we lost last week. His decision making has been flawed all the way back to the GB game. I have been going through the all-22 and he’s staring guys down,  not even moving his head, looking past guys underneath to try and hit the home run over and over. If all the above hits regularly, you’ll win 50-14 every week. But we can’t hang our hat every week on hero ball. We are attempting too many low percentage throws. It’s catching up to us at the moment. 

Your reaction is so thin skinned like I called his mom fat or kicked his dog. 

He is stringing together bad games. It happens. He’s a bigger, faster, stronger Brett Favre. He’ll be fine. But there are going to be really high peaks and some valleys as well. As a fan base we will certainly ride the wave. 

I haven’t seen much of anything anymore “disrespectful” than what I just posted, and I think it’s reasonable.  

If your QB throws for 330 at 69% completion and run for for 6/84 and he's "the reason you lost" you should be grateful to have such an elite team to make him the deciding factor. Unfortunately that isn't true and it's not what happened. You can't pin the loss on Allen just because he was the last guy who had an opportunity to make a play to win, because he's also the guy who gave his team that opportunity in the first place.

Anyone else could have made a half dozen plays over the preceding quarter of football that would have ended the game, but they didn't. Instead, it was Allen's responsibility to drive the length of the field with 41 seconds left to give us a shot and he did. Then the defense folded again and it was Allen's responsibility to drive the field again in OT for a touchdown.

Where does it end?

How about some accountability from any other member of the Buffalo Bills not named Josh Allen?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I was telling my dad in the moment during OT, just don't throw anything over the middle of the field, too risky.  Josh could have literally scrambled and slid his way down the field (to avoid contact), maybe even eventually scored without throwing the ball again.  The DB's and LB's were dropping so far back.  He just had to wait a second in the pocket and step and do his thing.  It's really a shame.. he getting labeled as a Red zone turnover machine and 4 time OT losing QB. 

He absolutely should’ve taken a safer option but I’ve watched the play 400 times now and Davis had a step in single coverage and that is a straight up routine play against man coverage that 95/100 times ends in a td or incompletion out the back of the end zone.

If Davis runs a better route there he’s wide open.   

The decision wasn’t as bad as it looked from the broadcast angle but the throw itself missed its target badly.  The panic in Harrison smith is kind of funny/sad to watch…the Vikings got outschemed badly on that play.  He thought he’d turn around and Davis would be wide open with the ball in his hands and did this last second desperation dive to break it up after he took the inside receiver and the ball was going to the outside receiver

Caught them with their pants down and shot ourselves in the foot with the execution  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If your QB throws for 330 at 69% completion and run for for 6/84 and he's "the reason you lost" you should be grateful to have such an elite team to make him the deciding factor. Unfortunately that isn't true and it's not what happened. You can't pin the loss on Allen just because he was the last guy who had an opportunity to make a play to win, because he's also the guy who gave his team that opportunity in the first place.

Anyone else could have made a half dozen plays over the preceding quarter of football that would have ended the game, but they didn't. Instead, it was Allen's responsibility to drive the length of the field with 41 seconds left to give us a shot and he did. Then the defense folded again and it was Allen's responsibility to drive the field again in OT for a touchdown.

Where does it end?

How about some accountability from any other member of the Buffalo Bills not named Josh Allen?

Allen had to go the length of the field in 41 seconds because Allen coughed up the ball in the endzone gifting Minnesota the go ahead TD.  Before that Allen gave Minnesota the ball back with a short field instead of getting a first down, scoring to win the game, or making Minnesota go 95 yards to win.  

I love JA, but I cannot be more disappointed with how he played with the game on the line.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Allen had to go the length of the field in 41 seconds because Allen coughed up the ball in the endzone gifting Minnesota the go ahead TD.  Before that Allen gave Minnesota the ball back with a short field instead of getting a first down, scoring to win the game, or making Minnesota go 95 yards to win.  

I love JA, but I cannot be more disappointed with how he played with the game on the line.  

Allen coughed up the ball in the endzone because that's where his defense left it after giving up a 4th and 18 to win the game - again. The defense had an opportunity to win the game and they didn't. Instead they deferred to Allen.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Where does it end?

There is a strong argument to be made that the playing within himself in the first quarter with two rushing TDs in the first half put them in position to win. The Singletary fumble resulted in zero points for Minnesota.

I like the way you ignored the two Allen turnovers that resulted in 14 points for Minnesota...How much do the Bills win by without a 14 point swing?

I liked Allen's game in the first half. I hated Allen's game in the second half. Constant forcing balls and stalled drives. It isn't a sustainable model. I big part of the momentum swing was going for it on 4th and 2, and not even running on 3rd. I was mad at the staff for that call. I was also mad we took a shot at the end zone when all we needed was 2 yards. But that was Allen's game in the second half. Ignore the sticks and go for broke. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

There is a strong argument to be made that the playing within himself in the first quarter with two rushing TDs in the first half put them in position to win. The Singletary fumble resulted in zero points for Minnesota.

I like the way you ignored the two Allen turnovers that resulted in 14 points for Minnesota...How much do the Bills win by without a 14 point swing?

I liked Allen's game in the first half. I hated Allen's game in the second half. Constant forcing balls and stalled drives. It isn't a sustainable model. I big part of the momentum swing was going for it on 4th and 2, and not even running on 3rd. I was mad at the staff for that call. I was also mad we took a shot at the end zone when all we needed was 2 yards. But that was Allen's game in the second half. Ignore the sticks and go for broke. 

I "ignored" the points from Allen turnovers because without the defensive meltdown the 2nd one never exists. If they do their job one time, we kneel on the ball and go home.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Disagree 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Allen coughed up the ball in the endzone because that's where his defense left it after giving up a 4th and 18 to win the game - again. The defense had an opportunity to win the game and they didn't. Instead they deferred to Allen.

The defense gave Allen the ball back with a 4 point lead and 41 seconds left.  The win was guaranteed until Allen spit it out.  He had 3 amazing chances to win the game and he went INT, fumble 6, INT.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You’re kind of proving the persons point you’re responding to imo.  Yes he had chances to win the game and blew them and he should be the guy stepping up there,  but there were tons of blown opportunities on both sides of the ball making all that necessary too.  

also blaming him for the 4th down int is going a little far imo…if he threw the ball away there y’all would be screaming about it 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.