Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

Sounds pretty reasonable.

(unless,of course, you are of the the type who don't think that the "average person' won't be able to correctly understand what he/she are seeing.)

However, McCarthy has just made another move, and Democrats are terrified.

On Thursday, he announced he wants to release roughly 14,000 of security footage from the Capitol riot.

“I think the public should see what happened on that day,” McCarthy told reporters.

“I watched what Nancy Pelosi did, where she politicized it, where for the first time, in the history as a speaker, not allowing the minority to appoint to a committee, to pick and choose. We watched the politicization of this. I think the American public should actually see all that happened instead of a report that’s written for a political basis.”

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

(unless,of course, you are of the the type who don't think that the "average person' won't be able to correctly understand what he/she are seeing.)

On Thursday, he announced he wants to release roughly 14,000 of security footage from the Capitol riot.

“I think the public should see what happened on that day,” McCarthy told reporters.

“I watched what Nancy Pelosi did, where she politicized it, where for the first time, in the history as a speaker, not allowing the minority to appoint to a committee, to pick and choose. We watched the politicization of this. I think the American public should actually see all that happened instead of a report that’s written for a political basis.”

Again wanting to and actually being able to do it are 2 different things.  But scaring the bejesus out of the Dems in the meantime is worth it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Sounds like a Trump level lie

So now they trust the FBI again? 

On 1/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, B-Man said:

Yes, just utter panic? Or utter BS? 

• Like (+1) 1

McCarthy puts his conservative critics on Rules panel in the wake of Speaker fight

mccarthykevin_010423gn20_w.jpg?w=640&h=3

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) appointed two of his conservative critics to the House Rules Committee on Monday following this month’s protracted Speaker’s race, when the GOP leader agreed to increase the number of hard-line Republicans on the panel.

McCarthy appointed GOP Reps. Ralph Norman (S.C.) and Chip Roy (Texas) to the powerful panel, giving them a seat on the committee that controls how bills are debated on the House floor after the pair voted against McCarthy’s Speakership bid on the first 11 ballots earlier this month.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3827364-mccarthy-puts-his-conservative-critics-on-rules-panel-in-the-wake-of-speaker-fight/

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...