Election Week Malfunctions, Anomalies etc...

34 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Hobbs did run a pretty bad campaign but it seems her strategy was to just let Lake do all of the talking because she’s a nutjob who just hurts herself anytime she opens her mouth. 

If you are talking politics on a sports forum, you are far, far, more tuned in than ~90% of voters. I’d suggest you look into how the normies felt about things before going with terminal-very-online-brain theories. 

Yep, she roped that dope. A ballsy move to keep your mouth shut given how close it was projected to be (and was).  That discipline served her well. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep, she roped that dope. A ballsy move to keep your mouth shut given how close it was projected to be (and was).  That discipline served her well. 

I'm still not sure it was the optimal strategy given that she lagged Mark Kelly by a bit, but I suppose if your opponent is spending the closing days of the election trashing John McCain in freaking Arizona, the best move might be to just keep the spotlight on them and the mic in their hand.

On 11/13/2022 at 8:12 AM, BillsFanNC said:

And again....sending out mail in ballots to everyone on the voter rolls isn't normal no matter how often you repeat it.

For the past two elections, Nevada sent mail ballots to all registered voters, unless they opted out. That means around 1.8 million ballots went out. Well more than 1 million won’t be returned. Previously, a voter could request an absentee ballot for any reason. That’s more secure because ballots went only to those wanting to vote by mail.

So … about 45 percent “won’t be returned.” How does that fit with the narrative that sneaky cheaters are “harvesting” all those mailed-out ballots, filling them out for Democrats, and then dropping them in drop-off boxes?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Again...this is all normal. Stop asking questions....chigoose is running out of twists for his pretzel.

I am so flattered that you can't stop thinking about me, but I keep telling you that I'm happily married.

Also, this has a very simple explanation that eludes you because you're too much in your feelings to look at facts.

Edited by ChiGoose

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The right loves this guy.  I'd bet most conservatives on this board are mostly with him but are too embarrassed to admit it.

As you all know I'm very much a Conservative and I really know nothing about him other than he makes pillows.   

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

You know that this is how it's been in the US for decades, right?

Even what I consider to probably be the gold standard for election administration, Florida, is still counting votes:

image.thumb.png.3dccc85515d2eaf091dea3fcf7f7efa1.png 

There are problems with some state's election laws, but the fact that we are still counting is actually the norm.

What is different is that there is a large swath of Americans who are apparently gullible as hell and react emotionally to headlines and random posts instead of looking up the facts. Prior to 2020, that didn't happen as much.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

You know that this is how it's been in the US for decades, right?

Even what I consider to probably be the gold standard for election administration, Florida, is still counting votes:

image.thumb.png.3dccc85515d2eaf091dea3fcf7f7efa1.png 

There are problems with some state's election laws, but the fact that we are still counting is actually the norm.

What is different is that there is a large swath of Americans who are apparently gullible as hell and react emotionally to headlines and random posts instead of looking up the facts. Prior to 2020, that didn't happen as much.

Yes, there are problems.  And this hasn't been the norm until two years ago.  On some level, everyone should sense that what has been happening isn't right. 

Maybe the nation should model elections after Florida.  Yes, I know, it was a landslide victory, easy to call, but they set up the process to be much more effective and at the same time, eliminating the problem of ballot harvesting.  You can't honestly believe that the methods implemented two years ago aren't the root cause of what we are witnessing. 

You're trying to blame people. even though its the process that has changed.  Razor thin margins, dems always coming from behind late in the process, down ballot republicans getting more votes than governors and senators, and in the states where it matters most.  The fact that you cant even see it as a possibility in spite of the recent anomalies and irregularities suggest you may not be as tuned in as you think you are.

Sorry, but gullible and emotional have long been claimed by the left.  I suppose you might disagree with that too.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Yes, there are problems.  And this hasn't been the norm until two years ago.  On some level, everyone should sense that what has been happening isn't right. 

Maybe the nation should model elections after Florida.  Yes, I know, it was a landslide victory, easy to call, but they set up the process to be much more effective and at the same time, eliminating the problem of ballot harvesting.  You can't honestly believe that the methods implemented two years ago aren't the root cause of what we are witnessing. 

You're trying to blame people. even though its the process that has changed.  Razor thin margins, dems always coming from behind late in the process, down ballot republicans getting more votes than governors and senators, and in the states where it matters most.  The fact that you cant even see it as a possibility in spite of the recent anomalies and irregularities suggest you may not be as tuned in as you think you are.

Sorry, but gullible and emotional have long been claimed by the left.  I suppose you might disagree with that too.

1. Counting all of the votes has not happened on Election Day in modern history. It has always taken days to weeks. 

2. Florida is still counting. The only reason it’s not in the news is because the races weren’t close.

3. The reason the red mirage is a new thing is that the GOP has traditionally used mail in voting so there wasn’t a big partisan divide on methods of voting. It wasn’t until Trump denouncing mail in ballots under a false theory of fraud that there became such a partisan gap between Election Day voting and voting by mail. That’s why it seems recent, but given the facts, you would expect the Election Day vote to be redder and the mail in vote to be bluer. 

This isn’t hard! It’s just basic election administration 101! None of this is surprising to anyone who has been paying attention. 

I’m sorry if the facts don’t care about your feelings, but they’re still the facts, no matter how inconvenient they may be to your emotions. 

23 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Note to self: those who cling to conspiracy should be deprived of the attention they seek.

28 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

1. Counting all of the votes has not happened on Election Day in modern history. It has always taken days to weeks. 

2. Florida is still counting. The only reason it’s not in the news is because the races weren’t close.

3. The reason the red mirage is a new thing is that the GOP has traditionally used mail in voting so there wasn’t a big partisan divide on methods of voting. It wasn’t until Trump denouncing mail in ballots under a false theory of fraud that there became such a partisan gap between Election Day voting and voting by mail. That’s why it seems recent, but given the facts, you would expect the Election Day vote to be redder and the mail in vote to be bluer. 

This isn’t hard! It’s just basic election administration 101! None of this is surprising to anyone who has been paying attention. 

I’m sorry if the facts don’t care about your feelings, but they’re still the facts, no matter how inconvenient they may be to your emotions. 

Are you confusing counting with certifying?

Florida got it right, maybe a good system to model as opposed to corruption disguised as bumbling?

My feelings really aren't relevant.  And you're right, its not surprising, this has been telegraphed all along.  The facts are, the people in control are a group of professional liars (on both sides), and what we see isn't always as it appears.  You can continue to believe that powerful people don't conspire and manipulate to any means to get what they want, but I'm going to trust my gut on this one and agree to disagree.  

1 minute ago, Brueggs said:

Are you confusing counting with certifying?

Florida got it right, maybe a good system to model as opposed to corruption disguised as bumbling?

My feelings really aren't relevant.  And you're right, its not surprising, this has been telegraphed all along.  The facts are, the people in control are a group of professional liars (on both sides), and what we see isn't always as it appears.  You can continue to believe that powerful people don't conspire and manipulate to any means to get what they want, but I'm going to trust my gut on this one and agree to disagree.  

Florida is still counting. 

This sounds like the BS uniparty conspiracy. I hope that’s not what you are implying. 

41 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Florida is still counting. 

This sounds like the BS uniparty conspiracy. I hope that’s not what you are implying. 

I am implying that its obvious something isn't right.  Powerful people with desires and virtually unlimited resources tend to play outside the rules.  Your implying that's not remotely possible?

Are there any conspiracy theories that you believe in?

16 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

I am implying that its obvious something isn't right.  Powerful people with desires and virtually unlimited resources tend to play outside the rules.  Your implying that's not remotely possible?

Are there any conspiracy theories that you believe in?

I believe that the earth is round, Trump won in 2016, birds are real, Biden won in 2020, we landed on the moon, George HW Bush was not a lizard person. 

I guess I just need actual evidence instead of misinformed conjecture. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I believe that the earth is round, Trump won in 2016, birds are real, Biden won in 2020, we landed on the moon, George HW Bush was not a lizard person. 

I believe that too.  But now that you've brought up George W, what actual evidence do you have that he is not a lizard person?  

I liked how you brought up all of that nonsense just to avoid an actual answer to the questions...

So I am left to believe that you don't think election rigging is even remotely possible, and there are no conspiracy theories that you believe in?

5 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

I believe that too.  But now that you've brought up George W, what actual evidence do you have that he is not a lizard person?  

I liked how you brought up all of that nonsense just to avoid an actual answer to the questions...

So I am left to believe that you don't think election rigging is even remotely possible, and there are no conspiracy theories that you believe in?

As much as Arizona’s elections are an absolute joke - and they justifiably invite conspiracy theory and questioning, I can’t get behind Lake on this when Republicans dominated in AZ, everywhere but, Lake/Masters. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

As much as Arizona’s elections are an absolute joke - and they justifiably invite conspiracy theory and questioning, I can’t get behind Lake on this when Republicans dominated in AZ, everywhere but, Lake/Masters. 

The AZ elections have run just about as expected. The only thing that invites conspiracy is that it appears that a lot of people are both ignorant of how elections work and willing to believe nefarious nonsense instead of actually looking into anything or learning.

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The AZ elections have run just about as expected. The only thing that invites conspiracy is that it appears that a lot of people are both ignorant of how elections work and willing to believe nefarious nonsense instead of actually looking into anything or learning.

Nah.. you can’t have machines fail like they did and take forever counting ballots in tight races, then condescend anyone who questions the process.

Our election system, currently, is third world type nonsense.  Until we fix it, people will, and should, attack the incompetence of it. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nah.. you can’t have machines fail like they did and take forever counting ballots in tight races, then condescend anyone who questions the process.

Our election system, currently, is third world type nonsense.  Until we fix it, people will, and should, attack the incompetence of it. 

The tabulation machines in AZ did not break. 

EVERY state takes days to weeks to finish their count. I think even Florida is still counting. 

There are real issues with some of the election laws but by far the biggest issue is bad faith actors taking advantage of ignorant people. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You have to understand chigoose..

Anything that benefits the left that appears questionable is first a conspiracy theory if you dare ask questions. Then when he can't twist and handwave around the issue it becomes those are just mistakes and they'll be addressed and fixed. Right.

Anything but malfeasance. You know because he's a straight shooter who is above it all.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You have to understand chigoose..

Anything that benefits the left that appears questionable is first a conspiracy theory if you dare ask questions. Then when he can't twist and handwave around the issue it becomes those are just mistakes and they'll be addressed and fixed. Right.

Anything but malfeasance. You know because he's a straight shooter who is above it all.

Nah, I just require facts before jumping to conclusions. Unlike the people who are still claiming the AZ tabulation machines broke. 

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, I just require facts before jumping to conclusions. Unlike the people who are still claiming the AZ tabulation machines broke. 

No, you twist and defend indefensible election incompetence.. I’m assuming because it typically benefits Dems. 

You felt the need to get defensive over a post where I stated I don’t give much credence to Kari Lake’s tweets, because clearly Arizonans voted for plenty of other Republicans.  

One can question our election practices without saying there’s widespread fraud.   You don’t need to defend this dumpster fire process just because R’s haven’t figured out how to manipulate it yet. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No, you twist and defend indefensible election incompetence.. I’m assuming because it typically benefits Dems. 

You felt the need to get defensive over a post where I stated I don’t give much credence to Kari Lake’s tweets, because clearly Arizonans voted for plenty of other Republicans.  

One can question our election practices without saying there’s widespread fraud.   You don’t need to defend this dumpster fire process just because R’s haven’t figured out how to manipulate it yet. 

Did you know that Florida is still counting their votes? So is Utah. So are many states.

Because counting the ballots takes time. It appears to only be an "issue" when the races are close and bad faith actors can sew mistrust and baseless conspiracies.

We never have all of the counting done on Election Day. It just doesn't happen. There have been some changes in the election dynamics such as increased polarization and the GOP abandoning mail-in ballots (which had previously been an important part of their campaigning).

What is the incompetence that you are alleging? That every state doesn't count 100% of the ballots on Election Day despite that never happening in modern history? That there was an issue with some printers that affected fewer than 20,000 ballots and was easily cured? Is it that Trump turned the GOP away from mail-in ballots so unlike pre-2020, mail in ballots are now more partisan? All of these things are both normal and predictable. 

By the way, the AZ elections are run by Republicans. 

43 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Did you know that Florida is still counting their votes? So is Utah. So are many states.

Because counting the ballots takes time. It appears to only be an "issue" when the races are close and bad faith actors can sew mistrust and baseless conspiracies.

We never have all of the counting done on Election Day. It just doesn't happen. There have been some changes in the election dynamics such as increased polarization and the GOP abandoning mail-in ballots (which had previously been an important part of their campaigning).

What is the incompetence that you are alleging? That every state doesn't count 100% of the ballots on Election Day despite that never happening in modern history? That there was an issue with some printers that affected fewer than 20,000 ballots and was easily cured? Is it that Trump turned the GOP away from mail-in ballots so unlike pre-2020, mail in ballots are now more partisan? All of these things are both normal and predictable. 

By the way, the AZ elections are run by Republicans. 

Having 9 House Races undecided, over a week after the election, when leadership position jockeying and orientations are going on is absurd. 

Having almost two months of early voting is a joke.  Over 70% of PA’s votes were in before the debate.  Katie Hobbs never even debated Kari Lake once.  Debates should be mandatory in an election, and no votes should be cast before one has occurred.  

Having a substantial percentage of machines fail on Election Day in a razor thin margin state, causing massive lines and confusion is unacceptable. 

If trust in our elections continues to erode, we will no longer have a functioning country.   If no changes are made, R’s will eventually figure out how to match Dems in legal ballot harvesting, and we will have two months of ballot harvest machinery in play by both sides followed by weeks of sorting out of the votes.  That is absolutely opening up the process to fraud and distrust. 

Our system in a handful of states is currently a joke.  Everyone knows it.  Even you. 

Edited by SCBills

16 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Your silence speaks louder than words...