Hilarious SNL skit about Jets/Bills game.

Bubba Gump

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Buffalo Bills in SNL skit does not automatically equal funny.  If it was a skit about the Giants and Jets, would it still be hilarious?

I haven’t seen a minute of SNL in a decade or two.  How the heck is it still on the air generating crap like this?

Five kindergartners spent at least 8 minutes writing that.  Have a little respect.

I got a laugh out of it. It's not hilarious like some claim, but it's cute I guess. The thing that made it funny to me is its pretty accurate. I've been at Bills games with fans screaming at kids for wearing the opposing teams jerseys. It's pretty sad actually 

I took my Father-in-Law to the Bills/jets game back in October of 1988. 

My wife and I  had just got back to the states a few months earlier after spending nearly 5 years in Germany. 

I dropped $400 on a killer pair of tickets. It had been a while since I attended a Bills game so I wanted amazing seats. 

We drove to the game at the Meadowlands from Kingston NY. Once we arrived and parked we made our way to the stadium. As we were walking in we past by a dumpster and out of Nowhere , a Jets fan jumps out from behind and yells at my Father-in-Law "Take that F'ing hat off in our house!" .

Being a lifetime Giants fan, my F-I-L was representing. Unfortunately,  he was repping in the wrong place!

So to avoid further incidents, my F-I-L took off his giants cap. 

After we got in and found our seats (which were amazing! 50 yard line just below the MNF Broadcast booth) we settled in to watch the game. 

At half-time we were running away with the game. I believe it was 24-7. 

And that's when the "fun" began!

Fights and fires filled the 2nd half in the stands. Numerous jets fans were picking fights with Bills fan, in many cases walking up to a Bills fan and sucker punching them! 

It finally came around to us and my F-I-L said it was time to go! I told him " Tony. You can go and I'll meet you at the car. But I haven't seen my boys play live since 1978 AND I spent big bucks on this game so I'm waiting until the end! 

And with that, my F-I-L left for the parking lot and I took my Bills hat off and put the free paper jets cap on they were handing out when you walked through the gate and sat back to watch the rest of the game. 

By the 4th quarter the fights were right near where I was sitting. The broadcasters from MNF were standing up and watching and you could just see their disgust at what had been unfolding in front of their eyes the entire game. 

We ended up winning 37-14. 

I must say. 

The J-E-T-S reputation as horrible fans is well deserved. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1988/10/19/bills-return-to-prime-time-a-big-hit-in-the-big-apple/fe8a6ec8-b58e-482b-9672-87280df79822/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.