Diggs on track for record breaking season

Inigo Montoya

Hill is having a remarkable season and is a major NFL talent. 

Still wouldn’t trade Diggs for Hill straight up. 

Hill is too small/not physical enough to care about all that much. Sure when you have Mahomes and Kelce, Hill becomes a nightmare. But as good as Tua has been, he isn’t Allen/Mahomes and Gisecki isn’t Kelce, so letting Hill get his yards doesn’t mean he’s taking over a game. 

Also Hill is a dirtbag. 

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

With all due respect, Inigo Montoya wanted to kill the six-fingered man. You've just gravely insulted him. Be warned.

Noggin, I’ve been referencing him in this way for years.  Inconceivable.

Trust me, I’ve seen that movie more times than I can count.  My kids used to love it and quite honestly, so did I.

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

As far as Diggs, I’m guessing he gets at least 110 yards today.

Edited by machine gun kelly

Today will be a big test for Diggs vs Gardner.

I'm predicting that Diggs has a down game, as Gardner is playing unbelievably and is probably the best CB in the game so far this year. 

I worry about his size, in that he can negate some of Diggs quickness, and potentially get to an errant Josh Allen pass or two with his long arms. 

But if Diggs can go out today and do what he's been doing all year to everyone else (including Ramsey), I think that will move him into the conversation for a 1st team All Pro year. 

17 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Today will be a big test for Diggs vs Gardner.

I'm predicting that Diggs has a down game, as Gardner is playing unbelievably and is probably the best CB in the game so far this year. 

I worry about his size, in that he can negate some of Diggs quickness, and potentially get to an errant Josh Allen pass or two with his long arms. 

But if Diggs can go out today and do what he's been doing all year to everyone else (including Ramsey), I think that will move him into the conversation for a 1st team All Pro year. 

He's had his moments for sure but IMO he isn't even the best rookie CB let alone overall CB in the NFL.

That distinction goes to 5th round pick Tariq Wooten in Seattle.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He's had his moments for sure but IMO he isn't even the best rookie CB let alone overall CB in the NFL.

That distinction goes to 5th round pick Tariq Wooten in Seattle.

I think he's one if the best coverage guys in the NFL already. In single coverage so far in his rookie year, he's allowed 4 catches and no TDs. 

It's a matchup to watch today, and could swing the game either way. 

The good news for us is that the Jets still suck outside of him, so I don't see us having a problem unless Josh has an off game. 

17 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

If the Bills cruise toward the playoffs I expect Diggs to be 'rested" so records might be out of reach. 

Depends what seed they get. If they were to have the #1 seed locked up, I would think starters would still play till halftime of week 18. They would already have the bye week and McDermott would have to worry about them coming out in the playoffs rusty from too much time away from live action. Some time off to heal and rest is good, too much can end your season just as quick as an injury(Minus Allen).

43 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I think he's one if the best coverage guys in the NFL already. In single coverage so far in his rookie year, he's allowed 4 catches and no TDs. 

It's a matchup to watch today, and could swing the game either way. 

The good news for us is that the Jets still suck outside of him, so I don't see us having a problem unless Josh has an off game. 

Who has he played that's on Diggs level, Hill? They played the Dolphins when they were playing a 3rd string QB.

Besides the Bengals they've played against some horrible passing teams. Denver, GB, NE, Pitt, Balt and the Browns.

Today isn't a big test day for Diggs, but it is for Sauce. 

22 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The crazy thing is that it doesn't even seem like Diggs is working hard to do it.  At the end of every game I think to myself that Diggs had another good game and when I check the box score I'm surprised by how much production he actually racked up.  He is probably going to break every franchise receiving record this season and is making it look easy.

He IS working hard.  Often it will take multiple players to tackle him when he catches ball in middle of field. Just had such a play vs JEST.

On 11/6/2022 at 2:49 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Noggin, I’ve been referencing him in this way for years.  Inconceivable.

Trust me, I’ve seen that movie more times than I can count.  My kids used to love it and quite honestly, so did I.

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

As far as Diggs, I’m guessing he gets at least 110 yards today.

Those extra 17 yards might have actually made the difference. Not that anyone can blame Diggs; he's our entire receiving corps right now.

Edited by Richard Noggin

He beat Reed on play down left sideline. If Allen threw it earlier or farther it’s a TD instead Diggs had to slow down and Reed was able to make a play

9 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Diggs replacement, drafted with pick received from Bills, is on pace to break Randy Moss single season receiving yards.

A bit of a side note, but might be interesting to see who outdoes who. Jefferson made Diggs a memory real quick there.

Trade was great for both teams. Diggs has become a top 5 WR, leader and an encourager for Allen when he’s down

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.