NFL messing up a good thing (Pat McAfee)

DrDawkinstein

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not a silly opinion. It is Capitalism. You want to profit of NFL materials PAY THE FEES. 

just that easy. All broadcasters do. So take some of your 30M a year made selling gambling to people that cannot afford it and send the fees for use of the logos. Or don’t. But crying about it ***** off 

Do you give away your ***** for FREE? 

the-big-lebowski-youre-not-wrong.gif

:thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Not a silly opinion. It is Capitalism. You want to profit of NFL materials PAY THE FEES. 

just that easy. All broadcasters do. So take some of your 30M a year made selling gambling to people that cannot afford it and send the fees for use of the logos. Or don’t. But crying about it ***** off 

Yes, the great altar of capitalism.  On your knees before its greatness, don't dare look at it in the eyes, for the supply side jesus saves. 

Screeching libertarianism isn't representative of reality. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Listen to the clip.  It clearly states that they pay the NFL over $4 million for licensing.  They have been allowed to use logos until recently and the NFL just told them to stop.

I dont CARE.  That is Well within the NFLS rights.  What does the licensing that they were paying for entail?  Have you seen the agreement?  Is it everything including logos for graphics?  

The OWNER of the material said you can no longer USE.  Their Right to 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

the-big-lebowski-youre-not-wrong.gif

:thumbsup:

I can accept this GIF

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Do you give away your ***** for FREE? 

MILLIONS of businesses give away their products for free in exchange for positive feedback and marketing.  McAfees show portrays the nfl in a positive light 99.99a% of the time.  

i get what you’re saying and I agree that they deserve to get paid….and they are.  4M a year.  But the nfl would rather make more money at the expense of one of their biggest supporters.  Eager to see how the show attacks this.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I can accept this GIF

We get the "black & white", you signed a contract, point of this. I'm not going to argue with you on that. We all get that. It's the most basic way of looking at this.

The point of discussion is that the Trillion Dollar NFL is once again shooting itself in the foot for something they could easily smooth over at no cost of their own, and even garner more good will. It's marketing and advertising. They pay a ton for it anyways. It's a short-sighted, greedy move.

Sure, they have "the right" to do it, but that doesnt make it "right".

But I look forward to the upcoming "NFL Dirt" segments and discussions that will be coming.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

MILLIONS of businesses give away their products for free in exchange for positive feedback and marketing.  McAfees show portrays the nfl in a positive light 99.99a% of the time.  

i get what you’re saying and I agree that they deserve to get paid….and they are.  4M a year.  But the nfl would rather make more money at the expense of one of their biggest supporters.  Eager to see how the show attacks this.  

A Couple things.  

the NFL doesnt need to give away anything for Free Marketing.  They need to maximize all the revenue that they can maximize.  

Pats Show would not have a 30M a year contract to Fan Duel without the NFL would it?

So time for NFL to say you want to use our logos on your gambling graphic that you get 30M a year for.......  PAY US.  

How he will attack it, is will quietly pay the license fee and get access to the logos again, his 30M contract from Fan Duel will likely FORCE that.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I dont CARE.  That is Well within the NFLS rights.  What does the licensing that they were paying for entail?  Have you seen the agreement?  Is it everything including logos for graphics?  

The OWNER of the material said you can no longer USE.  Their Right to 

Nobody is saying the American professional football league doesn't have the right to pull this petty crap.  Obviously somewhere in the contract it covers logos and they decided to exercise their right to be giant douches.  What we are all saying is that the American professional football league (and you) are wrong for thinking this is a smart move.  It's not like they have been pirating American Professional Football League clips and dodging copyright laws.  McAffee is extremely good for the image of the American professional football league and now they have pissed him off.  Hope it was worth it American Professional Football League!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We get the "black & white", you signed a contract, point of this. I'm not going to argue with you on that. We all get that. It's the most basic way of looking at this.

The point of discussion is that the Trillion Dollar NFL is once again shooting itself in the foot for something they could easily smooth over at no cost of their own, and even garner more good will. It's marketing and advertising. They pay a ton for it anyways. It's a short-sighted, greedy move.

Sure, they have "the right" to do it, but that doesnt make it "right".

But I look forward to the upcoming "NFL Dirt" segments and discussions that will be coming.

I am willing to bet the NFL says NOTHING is not for the 30M per year Fan Duel contract that these logos are USED on.  

Fan Duel will pressure him to pay the license and get the logos back, watch

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Nobody is saying the American professional football league doesn't have the right to pull this petty crap.  Obviously somewhere in the contract it covers logos and they decided to exercise their right to be giant douches.  What we are all saying is that the American professional football league (and you) are wrong for thinking this is a smart move.  It's not like they have been pirating American Professional Football League clips and dodging copyright laws.  McAffee is extremely good for the image of the American professional football league and now they have pissed him off.  Hope it was worth it American Professional Football League!

Wanna bet.  

Watch how FAST Pat Folds when he gets the letter from Fan Duel saying get the logos back or we end our sponsorship

Just now, Protocal69 said:

Lol... MacAfee just signed a 4 year 120 million deal with Fanduel. I think he is good for the money

AND THIS IS WHY the NFL said time for more money.

They know they will have Fanduel on their side as well with pressure

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

A Couple things.  

the NFL doesnt need to give away anything for Free Marketing.  They need to maximize all the revenue that they can maximize.  

Pats Show would not have a 30M a year contract to Fan Duel without the NFL would it?

So time for NFL to say you want to use our logos on your gambling graphic that you get 30M a year for.......  PAY US.  

Does anyone else see the humor in the fact that MAJBobby is illegally using the NFL's logos in his profile picture without their express written consent?  

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Does anyone else see the humor in the fact that MAJBobby is illegally using the NFL's logos in his profile picture without their express written consent?  

Thank god nobody owns the rights on random capitalized words otherwise he'd be in big trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

As a new watcher of that show....damn is it funny.

I thought it was interesting they CAN  show video but they can't show still GRAPHICS. I honestly thought it would be the opposite.

I think it is more likely the Graphics that the logos are on is their Fanduel betting stuff.  

I am positive the NFL is seeing that nice new 30M a year contract and saying yep we need our piece.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you guys not getting paid to post here?

Nope, actually I have been told my random caps at times is annoying and the Mods would actually pay me NOT (there it is again) to post.  But for me ***** money.  

At least I dont go with the constant color changing words like was it beastintheeast or something that used to make those posts

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.