Iran Is On Fire

Tiberius

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Ah.  so now you all ***** Israel because they are helping with Ukraine.

I always found it funny how Democrats detested Israel over their treatment of Palestinians, given how Muslims treat women and LGBTQ+, not to mention how religious they are.   

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I ask this out of genuine curiosity. 

What do you see, other than a crash site?  

Looks like the cab blew up. Just total speculation. Could of been the fog, but this guy sure had a lot of enemies

whoa. This is news that has significance. I don't know what to expect now exactly. But I will follow to see what happens next.

Be tortured or killed for a protest but yet some will do it in celebration of his passing? WHOA again.

• Like (+1) 1

So the regime that says Israel should be wiped off the map gets its President and Foreign Minister wiped on the map,

Looks Kobe Bryant-ish to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Looks like the cab blew up. Just total speculation. Could of been the fog, but this guy sure had a lot of enemies

I am adding crash site scenes to the list of things I don’t know anything about.  The list is long, though that may not surprise you. 

All I see is debris, what looks like scorched earth, which makes sense to me given a large object with metal components and fuel crashed into the earth.  

Of course, it wouldn’t surprise me if the investigation revealed something beyond pilot/mechanical error. 

Ty. 

32 minutes ago, muppy said:

whoa. This is news that has significance. I don't know what to expect now exactly. But I will follow to see what happens next.

Be tortured or killed for a protest but yet some will do it in celebration of his passing? WHOA again.

I’m not following you here, and I speak Muppeze. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I am adding crash site scenes to the list of things I don’t know anything about.  The list is long, though that may not surprise you. 

All I see is debris, what looks like scorched earth, which makes sense to me given a large object with metal components and fuel crashed into the earth.  

Of course, it wouldn’t surprise me if the investigation revealed something beyond pilot/mechanical error. 

Ty. 

I would never ride in a helicopter in cloudy conditions. I mean DUH. Right ? 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ty. 

I’m not following you here, and I speak Muppeze. 

okay. So the President of Iran is killed. Who will be in his place? And what does that mean?

and regarding people celebrating his demise under threat of torture of death that's VERY extreme just sayin'

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I would never ride in a helicopter in cloudy conditions. I mean DUH. Right ? 

Fact:  I’ve never been in a helicopter and have always wanted to take a ride in one.  I’ve considered a Go Fund Lehn account but part of me thinks it may come off as shallow.

I meant the part about cheering because the guy(s) died.  Did you think that to be in poor form? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Fact:  I’ve never been in a helicopter and have always wanted to take a ride in one.  I’ve considered a Go Fund Lehn account but part of me thinks it may come off as shallow.

I meant the part about cheering because the guy(s) died.  Did you think that to be in poor form? 

no.  Not at all.  I have empathy for people being persecuted. Under threat of being shot and killed. 

I'm fearful of heights no helicopters for me 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

So the regime that says Israel should be wiped off the map gets its President and Foreign Minister wiped on the map,

Looks Kobe Bryant-ish to me. 

I thought Kobe's pilot died in that crash.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, muppy said:

no.  Not at all.  I have empathy for people being persecuted.  I'm fearful of heights no helicopters for me 🙂

Its said when falling its not the height that's the danger its the landing that's important.

Unfortunately for the people of Iran the dearly departed can be easily replaced by some like-minded political figure in-waiting.  So no rest for the weary citizens. And as I understand the power structure the President wields little to no real power and assumes a some-what figurehead role. The real power is held by the religious leadership with the Ayatollah calling the shots.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

no.  Not at all.  I have empathy for people being persecuted. Under threat of being shot and killed. 

I'm fearful of heights no helicopters for me 🙂

This was just small talk before i asked: Can I count on you to give generously to the Go Fund Lehn campaign? 

• Haha (+1) 1

image.png.ae24de5778a2751a73c7388ebc54a243.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/05/20/iran-president-death-helicopter-crash-news/

“The United States is one of the main parties to be blamed for the disaster yesterday,” Zarif told the state-run Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting in an interview Monday. The United States “sanctioned the sales of aircraft parts and aviation equipment to Iran. They do not allow the Iranians to benefit from all good advances in aviation,” he said.