Latest QB rankings... JA17 #1

Inigo Montoya

Our Office watching, blue cheese dipping, Frank Sinatra listening, Phil Mickelson impersonating QB gets top billing from the talking heads at NFL.com this week.  A part of the blurb on Allen is below;

"Late-'80s Football Heads would have exploded into a billion fragments at the sight of Josh Allen. His brilliant play against the Rams put his one-of-a-kind physical gifts on full display before Planet Earth: using his 6-foot-5, 237-pound alpha-doused framework to swat away a doomed defender, hurl his body into paydirt and patiently hunt for gold. Allen is built to overcome the occasional gaffe. His two picks -- the first coming off an Isaiah McKenzie bobble that wound up in the hands of a defender -- melt away against the overall body of work. 

Allen’s chemistry with on-field dance partner Stefon Diggs is special. The game-sealing 53-yard touchdown shot to the wideout came with Allen darting away from defenders and hurling the ball while moving at 13.6 mph, the fastest recorded time on a completion of 50-plus yards in the history of Next Gen Stats. Having crossed over from our NFL offices to SoFi Stadium to watch this game live, it became clear: He’s the most physically dominant quarterback I’ve ever seen in person."

D*mn it's good to be a Bills' fan right now...

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-2-2022-season-rankings

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s a little bit surprising given the two picks in the game.

Not surprising at all if you watched the game. Allen was no question the most impressive QB last week. Opponent also very relevant, top 5 defense vs the raiders/cardinals/jets. Come on. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Football Outsiders Rankings after Week 1

1296333799_2022wk1QB.thumb.jpg.e92d8e959752993688ff931b144b4669.jpg

I still think both ints. Were ints. we can live sort of with. Isaiah has to catch that ball and Crowder has to come back for it and be the hungrier person going for that ball. Or, at least play a CB role….. Our slot guys have to be better. I can’t wait until Shakir gets a chance to be one of the three outside WRs….

Neither of the interceptions were bad throws imho….IDK, maybe Josh needs to throw to more open WRs? Both throws were in very tight coverage…. Josh still getting used to throwing to new slot WRs?

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s a little bit surprising given the two picks in the game.

One the picks I wouldn’t pin on him, it bounced off the receiver. The other one though was all Josh, threw it too late. The rest of his game was immaculate.

Edited by Rampage
  • Agree 1

Everyone was so impressed by mahomes game on Sunday, the Arizona defense was terrible!! Really really really bad! I counted at least 3 INTs that were thrown right to defenders and dropped. Allen’s pass that was a little late over the middle was a fantastic play by T. Hill on the interception. I think we might see a different Mahomes on Thursday, he was good Sunday but not as good as his numbers looked. Allen is playing at higher level then any other QB. 

Josh Allen was hyped for a full year before the 2018 NFL Draft as a potential No. 1 pick, and he went No. 7 to the Bills, all to the bafflement of pretty much everyone not employed by the league.

There’s never been a bigger disconnect between what the NFL apparently thinks and what the armchair analysts think.

Personnel people see a prototype athlete whose flaws they can correct, while fans, statisticians, tape-grinders of varying expertise, and most media people see a flawed athlete with a prototypical shape.

He’s a project. Coaches, scouts, and the most prominent mock drafters disagree to extreme degree with eggheads, less prominent mock drafters, and the public on how many tuneups he needs, though.

In the end, somebody’s gonna be wrong.

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

One the picks I wouldn’t pin on him, it bounced off the receiver. The other one though was all Josh, threw it too late. The rest of his game was immaculate.

Yeah, how did he miss that?

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Josh Allen was hyped for a full year before the 2018 NFL Draft as a potential No. 1 pick, and he went No. 7 to the Bills, all to the bafflement of pretty much everyone not employed by the league.

There’s never been a bigger disconnect between what the NFL apparently thinks and what the armchair analysts think.

Personnel people see a prototype athlete whose flaws they can correct, while fans, statisticians, tape-grinders of varying expertise, and most media people see a flawed athlete with a prototypical shape.

He’s a project. Coaches, scouts, and the most prominent mock drafters disagree to extreme degree with eggheads, less prominent mock drafters, and the public on how many tuneups he needs, though.

In the end, somebody’s gonna be wrong.

I think it's safe to say that those who doubted Josh (myself included) have already proven to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, how did he miss that?

I think it's safe to say that those who doubted Josh (myself included) have already proven to be wrong.

It is hard to predict these things.  Glad our GM got this one right.  So happy for the people of Buffalo. 

21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

or 

he threw it without enough ZIP. 

As to the INT’s 

Favre was an INT machine and he won a Super Bowl 

The thing is, Favre had bad streaks repetitively.  

when he was on, he was hot. 

when he was off, he was throwing 2, 3, 4 INT’s in a game 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.