Ex Bills on other rosters

marck

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I'd love to bring D Williams back in and drop Van Roten or Hart.

My guess is he'd want to be guaranteed a starting spot so it would take a major injury to Bates or Saffold.  Even then I'd give it a 10% chance or so of actually happening.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Von Miller just equaled the number of sacks (2) that Hughes had in 17 games last season. Jerry could get pressure, he just wasn’t bendy, fast, or strong enough to seal the deal.

But he lead the league in pressure and sacks don’t mean that much, ya know other than the loss of distance and down, but a pressure is just as good.

Did I do I right Hughes defenders?

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Von Miller just equaled the number of sacks (2) that Hughes had in 17 games last season. Jerry could get pressure, he just wasn’t bendy, fast, or strong enough to seal the deal.

my first thought here is if your comparison is Von Miller there are very few guys who are at HIS level of success rushing the passer. Jerry had his moments but he surely is no Von Miller. Would it be fair to say Von is a defensive line unicorn?

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yep. I've been hoping for an upgrade for Hughes for years. He hasn't been an impactful edge rusher for a long time.

I know some fans love him and he had a long tenure here, but he just wasn't producing when we needed him to.

I hope fans can now see the difference with Von Miller. Miller is an elite, impact player who closes and makes plays. Hughes is a fine player, but never elite.

21 minutes ago, muppy said:

my first thought here is if your comparison is Von Miller there are very few guys who are at HIS level of success rushing the passer. Jerry had his moments but he surely is no Von Miller. Would it be fair to say Von is a defensive line unicorn?

There are a bunch of guys in the league a lot better than Hughes, though. Not just Miller. Guys who impact the game to a much higher level.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, marck said:

I was reviewing the injury list for Sunday and saw that Cody Ford is out for the Cardinals and Mario Addison is doubtful.

My point is the Bills improved their roster by cutting ties with players who are having no impact in the league

AJ Klein - Not on a team

Emmanuel Sanders - Retired

Cole Beasley - Not on a team

Darryl Williams - Not on a team

Levi Wallace - 4th CB in Pittsburgh

Star Loutilie - Retired I guess

Harrison Phillips - Back-up DT in Minnesota

Jerry Hughes - Back-up DE in Houston

Vernon Butler - Cut by Raiders

Matt Hawke - On Colts

Bills moved on from those 12 players and improved the roster with new talent added thru the draft or free agency.

They improved their roster, but many players are having an impact.

Along with other guys previously mentioned and misrepresenting starters on you list - in 3 minute I found:

Mitch Turbisky - starting QB Pittsburgh

Nick McCloud - #3 CB NYG

Davis Webb - #3 QB NYG

Matt Berida- #2 RB NYG

Efe Obada - back-up DT in Washington

Plus guys like:

Jack Anderson- Back-up guard NYG that Philadelphia plucked from our PS

I am sure we could find several more you left off and those are just guys from last year.

Edited by Rochesterfan

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Just such a false narrative where you are cherry picking guys.  Along with other guys previously mentioned and misrepresenting starters on you list - in 3 minute I found:

Mitch Turbisky - starting QB Pittsburgh

Nick McCloud - #3 CB NYG

Davis Webb - #3 QB NYG

Matt Berida- #2 RB NYG

Efe Obada - back-up DT in Washington

Plus guys like:

Jack Anderson- Back-up guard NYG that Philadelphia plucked from our PS

I am sure we could find several more you left off and those are just guys from last year.

How much playing time are all of those guys expected to see.    While we all want to see Mitch be a better player than what was shown during his BB time, the rest of the players that the team has allowed to go elsewhere has entered an echo chamber of "maybes".    That shows some of the strength that the team has built, and I will not be shown an alternative fact right now.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.