Least Favorite Beer?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what watered down piss tastes like, but I'll take your word for it.  :w00t:

335953[/snapback]

Knew someone was probably going to be a wiseass about that :o

I should have said COLD watered down piss ;)

If Coors and Bud merged it would the the Coldest Tasting Watered Down Piss in the world...

I love Carling Black Label.  The distictive Red and Black can...I think it was the originator of the 15-pack.  When everyone else burned through their 12-pack, you always had a smile on your face because you knew you had three more cans waiting in the wings.  I get shivers and goosebumps when I think about it (though it's more than likely the DTs and a rash).

335949[/snapback]

Johnny,

You drink some pretty nastey sh--. PBR is your favorite and BL is good stuff. I guess inviting you over for Bass and a filet would be a waste of good beer and food.

Johnny,

You drink some pretty nastey sh--.  PBR is your favorite and BL is good stuff.  I guess inviting you over for Bass and a filet would be a waste of good beer and food.

336118[/snapback]

I guess you could say I have a soft spot for the classics. Pabst, Schaefer, Schlitz, Utica Club...our fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers drank these beers. I enjoy a Bass/Harp/Guiness as much as the next guy. But when I'm standing in front of a hot grill wearing a hawaiian shirt (and sometimes pants), I want the same beer in my hand that my anscestors had in theirs.

Added: It's like drinking in a little bit of americana with every swig.

I guess you could say I have a soft spot for the classics.  Pabst, Schaefer, Schlitz, Utica Club...our fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers drank these beers.  I enjoy a Bass/Harp/Guiness as much as the next guy.  But when I'm standing in front of a hot grill wearing a hawaiian shirt (and sometimes pants), I want the same beer in my hand that my anscestors had in theirs.

Added:  It's like drinking in a little bit of americana with every swig.

336137[/snapback]

Actually that crap came later. The Guiness, the Bass, those exited long before PBR and Bud. My forefather never drank that reconstituited piss water.

Actually that crap came later.  The Guiness, the Bass, those exited long before PBR and Bud.  My forefather never drank that reconstituited piss water.

336150[/snapback]

I'm not saying the UK beers weren't around. They just weren't around where I grew up. I grew up in upstate NY, as did my father, his father, etc. They weren't drinking Bass, I can tell you that.

Any amateur home brew I was forced to drink, acting as though their creation was the next big beer. Also, the guys that know what they are doing create some decent stuff, but it always seems as though they can't stop on a good thing.

Other than that, I think all the rest are pretty freakin obvious.

Gotta go with Black Label! Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

336034[/snapback]

Yoo Hoo, Mabel.....Black Label

I bought a 12 pack of something called Yuelgling for $6. It's marketed as America's oldest beer and is brewed with Pennsylvania coal mine water. I'd rather drink dishwater or Iron City. The worst beer ever. I returned most of the bottles unopened.

...dishonorable mention:  Koehler.  Lake Erie pisswater.  Tasted like puke.

335856[/snapback]

Koehler? They still made that? The Koehler brewery in Erie shut down when I was about 7 or 8. Maybe that's why it tasted so much like puke to you.

Schaefer

336137[/snapback]

"Schaefer.. is the.. one beer to have when you're having more than one " Anyone remember that jingle ? Remember the Schaefer Circle of Champions with top athletes promoting that beer ? " Come into the Schaefer circle " .

That was once the official beer of Yankee stadium. My brother lived in Long Island and we attended a Yankees game in 1978, watching Ron Guidry win his 20th game against the Tigers. Schaefer was the only beer you could find and it was completely flat with a horrid taste.

These days, we are so spoiled with the high quality beer available to us. Didn't used to be like that. Simon Pure, Blatz, Iroquios, Utica Club..the list is endless.

Have you ever tried Red Stripe?  If so, how is it?  I've always wanted to try it but have yet to do so.  I know its Jamaican, but figure it's got to be close to the South American stuff.

335732[/snapback]

Red Stripe is excellent. Good, pretty easy-going.

My least faves are Warsteiner (completely getting by on the German name), Heineken in the skunky green bottles, Coors Light and Busch.

i think it was called dunkel beer ,got it in PA .the wife and i got a six pack on our honeymoon we drank 5 cans and put the last one in the frig when we got home .it was in the frig for 24 years till my sister inlaw drank it .

I've never had it, but I hear Schmidt's Gay is pretty nasty.

336526[/snapback]

this house is a dump

wait till you check out the pool

my least favorite beer is milwakee's best ice, aka the beast ice.

Straubs is pretty sick, but beast ice has gotten me sick more than a few times, so its ranked #1. As for straubs, i just don't like the grainy taste (same with rolling rock, to a lesser degree)

I like most Sam Adams, but today I cracked open a Sam Adams Raspberry Lambic beer. I was a more than a little skeptical, but wanted a beer. One sip and the rest went down the drain. I cannot remember the last time I did that. I needed a Guiness to wash the taste out of my mouth! :lol:

Meister Chow (Breau) was a popular cheap beer back in college. There was bar in town (Oswego) that had $1.25 pitches of Matts on Thursday nights. You were guranteed to puke up an internal organ after drinking massive quantities of that swill, but like lemmings we keept going each Thursday night. :lol:

Cans are easier to hold with your teeth while at the urinal, though. Um, at least that is what I was told.  :lol:

335727[/snapback]

But you can't poke a hole in the bottom of a bottle!

(Cue "Memories")

While I'm not a fan of the Buds, Millers and Coors', I can at least get them down if given to me for free.

Beers I absolutely cant get down;

Sam Adams Double or Triple Bock - like drinking mud

Guinness

Red Dog

Schlitz

Schaefer

Generic BEER

Milwaukee's Best

Heffenreffer

St. Ides

Narragansett

Worst: Carling Black Label 16oz. cans. $1.99 for a 6 pack. I would have rather licked the rust off an old car than drink that stuff.

2nd Worst: Naragansett. $3.99 for a case at Consumers Beverages (this was back in 1992-93) They still have that at Consumers. Probably the same unsold beer from 13 years ago. Hangover lasted for days even when you got drunk again.

3rd worst: Hudepohl. 16oz. pounders. $4.99 a case. Some of the caps and labels from the case we bought didn't match! Bottles were kind of slimy too. Drank it though just because it was cheap and I was young and stupid.

4th worst: Schaefer. Found this at a Rite-Aid once for $1.99 a 12 pack. One of the ingredients? Formaldahyde. Tasty!

Worst of the rest: Piel's, Utica Club Cream Ale, Genesee 12 Horse Ale, Schmidt's, Schmidt's Bavarian, Meister Brau, Milwaukee's Best, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz and Generic Yellow Cans that said "Beer" on the front from Bells Markets.