Jason Peters signs with Cowboys

NewEra

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Years ago, owners would slip defenders money to pay fines for late hits. Now, if they are called the players MUST pay it themselves because the penalties to the owners would be severe. The DEs are loathe to pay these fines and are more careful and the numbers probably reflect this.

It shoud also be noted that most DEs are faster now and more agile. As you know, they too are taken in the top 5. I think that if Edge Rusher Will Anderson stays healthy he will be the first player selected next year.  Teams (especially the Bills) need a good to great LT to protect their most important player. 

The Jets btw are another pathetic, idiotic franchise. They took a corner from a group of 5 school at #4 (with Evan Neal sitting there mind you), and just lost their left tackle. I am at a complete loss to understand how professional football people could be so inept. 

I rank the Jason Taylor trade as an epic disaster and a strikingly dumb move, even for the Bills of old. However this is just my (however strong) opinion, and thanks for the dialogue.

Peters didn't play years ago.  But a good LT is important yes.

The Bills should have never let Jason Taylor go.....lol!

On 9/2/2022 at 4:17 PM, JohnNord said:

This would be a great move in 2014.  

Peters is washed…my best friend is an Eagles fan and said he was terrible in 2020.  Bitched about him every week and said he should retire.  Couldn’t believe he was still playing in 2021.  

Lots of Bills fans bitched about good players.  They seemed to do that more than cheer but less than drink - I think they had a drinking game which encouraged it.  Why should Eagles fans be any different? Santa Claus agrees with this sentiment. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-peters-e2-80-99-hate-for-cowboys-is-gone-it-was-e2-80-9clove-at-first-sight-e2-80-9d-meeting-with-jerry-jones/ar-AA11uTPK

It only took a change of teams for Jason Peters to have a change of heart. Four years after saying he hated the Cowboys because of their arrogance, Peters signed to Dallas’ practice squad.

Completely Jason Peter's attitude.  He will do whatever and say whatever for the money.  

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure. Good players never drop off.

He was a great player but you’re right, he has dropped off.  

The team just lost their LT and have stated that their rookie isn’t ready.  They turn to Josh Ball or Matt Waletzko……did he drop off so far where he can’t beat out ball or waletzko?  The cowboys sure want to find out.  And if he’s fallen off so much where he can’t beat them out, they cut him and no harm, no foul.  

I think it’s likely that Peter’s is a better LT than Tommy Doyle at this point.  I’d love to add Peters to the PS

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The team just lost their LT and have stated that their rookie isn’t ready.  They turn to Josh Ball or Matt Waletzko……did he drop off so far where he can’t beat out ball or waletzko?  The cowboys sure want to find out.  And if he’s fallen off so much where he can’t beat them out, they cut him and no harm, no foul.  

I think it’s likely that Peter’s is a better LT than Tommy Doyle at this point.  I’d love to add Peters to the PS

Peters still has that Chip Kelly physical conditioning in him.....

If the Bills start Peters for a single game, and then replace him with Doyle, Peters greatness (also as a coach) will simply transfer to Doyle much in the same way it did to Vaitai---and the Bills will then win the SB!!!

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure. Good players never drop off.

You were the biggest Jason Peters hater ever.    

Talk about taking a massive "L" .......the dude is a HOF'er in wait.

It wasn't as absurd as C.Biscuits insistence that Jauron was the same level of HC as Belichick...........but your ridiculous takes on Peters went on much longer.

Now we hardly hear from you anymore............the Bills are good so you can't complain that the fans being critical are keeping the Bills from being a winning organization. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peters didn't play years ago.  But a good LT is important yes.

The Bills should have never let Jason Taylor go.....lol!

LOL

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Years ago, owners would slip defenders money to pay fines for late hits. Now, if they are called the players MUST pay it themselves because the penalties to the owners would be severe. The DEs are loathe to pay these fines and are more careful and the numbers probably reflect this.

It shoud also be noted that most DEs are faster now and more agile. As you know, they too are taken in the top 5. I think that if Edge Rusher Will Anderson stays healthy he will be the first player selected next year.  Teams (especially the Bills) need a good to great LT to protect their most important player. 

The Jets btw are another pathetic, idiotic franchise. They took a corner from a group of 5 school at #4 (with Evan Neal sitting there mind you), and just lost their left tackle. I am at a complete loss to understand how professional football people could be so inept. 

I rank the Jason Peters trade as an epic disaster and a strikingly dumb move, even for the Bills of old. However this is just my (however strong) opinion, and thanks for the dialogue.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I wouldn't.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Seems to me that holding onto a grudge is more important to you you than winning a super bowl. 

peters is likely a better LT than Doyle at this point.  

Jmo

Part "grudge" if you call passing on a selfish player that. But also part feeling his hype exceeds his actual skill and value. And a doubt he has anything left in the tank. He's just looking for another check. Not a player the McBeane Bills want or need. Sorry, that's my take on JP.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Part "grudge" if you call passing on a selfish player that. But also part feeling his hype exceeds his actual skill and value. And a doubt he has anything left in the tank. He's just looking for another check. Not a player the McBeane Bills want or need. Sorry, that's my take on JP.

ever see Tommy Doyle play LT?  

Wanting to pick up peters doesn’t have anything to do with the player that Peter’s is.  Has more to do with Doyle protecting 17

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I believe the Peters you're talking about doesn't exist anymore.

How many snaps did you watch him play last season?  

i didn’t watch any, but my buddy who’s a die hard bears fan said that he was hoping they’d bring him back.  

Let’s just hope Dion stays healthy.  I don’t  think doyle is ready

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

How many snaps did you watch him play last season?  

i didn’t watch any, but my buddy who’s a die hard bears fan said that he was hoping they’d bring him back.  

Let’s just hope Dion stays healthy.  I don’t  think doyle is ready

Did you ask him why they didn't?  Seems like he'd be a cheap re-sign.

Edited by Doc

I honestly don't have any clue about Peters' current ability to play LT, but it is kind of awesome to reflect on his career.  I know it sucked that he forced his way out of Buffalo, but looking at how things were during that time, I don't really hold it against him (at least not anymore.)

I remember being so excited when we picked him up as an UDFA TE, with LT size, I was hoping we revolutionize Fat Guy TDs, it turns out he was better suited at blocking, but he was amazing once he learned the position.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Did you ask him why they didn't?  Seems like he'd be a cheap re-sign.

He was still hopeful that they would resign him at the time I talked to him but had figured they would move on due to the new regime wanting to get a better look at the guys on the roster and draft picks.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.