Favorite Beer?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer snob here.....Sam Adams Boston Ale is in my fridge.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Genny Cream Ale??  That stuff is horrible.  :D

335645[/snapback]

Years ago when the Bills Backers of Orlando was started up (I was one of the first guys to help out) we had a bar that was more than happy to house all 200+ members every Sunday and went so far as to accept that their wings sucked. So in order to make the place more at home, they let us give him a real wing recipe...and had him put Genny Cream Ale on tap.

About half way through the season I remember one of the bartenders commenting: "I don't think I've sold one Genny since the season started. I thought you guys liked this stuff?"

"No, but we thought it'd be more like home if you had Genny on tap and no one would drink it."

Ditto on Yuengling!  Awesome beer.  I have been turning on my "Bud or Miller" neighbors to it and they love it.  They don't sell it in New England yet, so I have to bring it from Buffalo when I visit.

Also props to Pabst Blue Ribbon.  A much-maligned beer that deserves praise.  Hey, it's cheap because they don't spend a billion dollars a year advertising it!

I decided to swear off sh*tty beer.  No more Bud, Coors, or Miller for me.  Yuengling, Newcastle, Stella Artois, or Heffeweisen with lemon (Widmer or Harpoon)

PTR

335584[/snapback]

Yuengling ain't a Buffalo beer, bud. It's brewed about 20 minutes from my house, give or take.

EDIT: As for my favorite beer, well, let's see....

I'll go with Moson Canadian.

Yuengling.

An aside: I cannot believe grown men drink any light beer (except perhaps Amstel) --  Busch Light, Bud Lite, and Bud, Miller or any beer that spills more per day than other brewers make all year . . . I find them undrinkable and not beer at all -- just poorly flavored water.

335654[/snapback]

But don't you know that drinking those beers makes you more desireable to hot young women? :D

yeah, OV splits are an ontario treat. braddor - has like 7% alcohol and will buzz you super fast. i think molson makes it?

canuck beer is pretty good, rather rugged and harsh and not refined like the euro blends.

the mexican beers is inconsistant (did they really pee in the vats in the 1980s?) they push lemons into the hole of the bottle to avoid flys from going in there. some say it is for taste.

Killians Red but now Dos Equis Amber. Whenever I get back to WNY there's something fantastic about Old Vienna Splits!!

335626[/snapback]

I'll second the Chimay Blue (Grand Reserve), although Kwak and Triple Karmmel are close seconds. If I'm slummin' it I go with Sierra Nevada Pale or Summerfest, or possibly Terrapin Rye Ale.

Not sure what that means, but when are you going to send me a care package?

335665[/snapback]

It means take drinking booze for what it is - it's not fine cooking, being married to a fine woman, or pondering the Mona Lisa for deep meanings, after all.

No, you won't be getting a care package - I leave that to the rich folk on this site that have some odd need to remind us of such from time to time... :D

It means take drinking booze for what it is - it's not fine cooking, being married to a fine woman, or pondering the Mona Lisa for deep meanings, after all.

No, you won't be getting a care package - I leave that to the rich folk on this site that have some odd need to remind us of such from time to time... :doh:

335701[/snapback]

That's okay, a friend is going up there for some dog show next week. He said he'll bring me back a case.

So much for counting on fellow Bills fan to help each other out. :D

Years ago when the Bills Backers of Orlando was started up (I was one of the first guys to help out) we had a bar that was more than happy to house all 200+ members every Sunday and went so far as to accept that their wings sucked. So in order to make the place more at home, they let us give him a real wing recipe...and had him put Genny Cream Ale on tap.

About half way through the season I remember one of the bartenders commenting: "I don't think I've sold one Genny since the season started. I thought you guys liked this stuff?"

"No, but we thought it'd be more like home if you had Genny on tap and no one would drink it."

335658[/snapback]

:D

That's okay, a friend is going up there for some dog show next week.  He said he'll bring me back a case. 

So much for counting on fellow Bills fan to help each other out.  :doh:

335715[/snapback]

Send me or other posters something first, to prove your character.

After all, Nature abhors a vaccuum... :D

Newcastle Brown or Guiness (but only from draught)

335589[/snapback]

Todd...you read my mind,,(doesn't take much ) a local place has both of these on tap so we flip a coin for the evenings beverage....

Killians is gaining popularity too....

Molson Golden when I am in WNY