So What's Your Thoughts On This Bit of Genius Coming Out of Cali ? Edit: Here's More Brilliance !!

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I think the difference between say me and @Tiberius and you is we understand concepts like economics, politics and general reading comprehension.

If you read the CBO scoring of the I clarion Reduction Act, revenues from the laws in the act, exceed spending. When that occurs, the deficit decreases.

Comparing a household to a Federal govt is dumb but to use your example, say you just got $100 raise. Part of the raise requires you to spend $30 on new equipment. So you still have a $70 raise. Here, the govt is spending money but their raise is bigger than they’re spending.

If we look at basic Econ, when demand for a good decreases, the price decreases. Absent all the other factors that affect gas, if more people have electric cars, demand for gas will decrease, which would decrease price.

And following our gov't past history in regards to spending with all their great economic ideas and the fact that we are in $30 + trillion of debt i'm thinking i'll stay with my economic concepts ! 

Basic economics can be compared from household to gov't it's just a lot bigger the more you borrow the more interest & if you don't pay it down the interest will eventually like it has with the US debt over take any payments made it's just common sense which isn't used in Gov't spending .

With the raise when you add inflation across the board for everything you buy you have to spend more for the same things you purchased for less prior to & the increase in cost of materials & prices of cars going up plus the auto industry has to completely retool their manufacturing and those cost being passed on the pay raise is no longer a raise it's common sense .

But you keep reading what Joe & this administration puts out & like i said you just keep singing the Journey song & it will all get better .

16 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

The inflation reduction act has been scored by CBO to reduce the deficit by over $100 billion:

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58366

The rest of your comments are just indescribable nonsense.

Yep, by "raising" $200B in taxes off of the actual already-paying-taxes taxpayers which will never actually materialize.

Such a joke our gov't, country and Left-wingers have become.  

Can't be a "Soulful Nation" if you're giving Free things to your supporters

On 8/28/2022 at 3:33 PM, T master said:

So in another stroke of brilliance as can only be from the great state of California their illustrious leader/leaders have proposed a bill to ban ALL sales of new gas powered cars by the year 2035 . From now till then what will this do to the price of gas in the US not to mention the already ridiculous price of cars & trucks due to such a law ? 

Plus what else will come from this ? Maybe they will put a extra tax on those coming into the state that drive gas powered cars, maybe those that decide or can't afford to buy electric cars & keep their old gas powered cars will be charged more in a higher registration fee, & we know there will be higher taxes on gas in general to pay for the infrastructure change over .

I could see if they would use just a little bit of common sense & maybe say in LA seeing as it has always had a smog problem for years making some kind of change there to cut back which i think would be good but this seems to go right along the same thoughts of giving out hypo's to drug addicts as long as they turn them back in after they use them .

How's that stroke of genius working out ?

I can see NYS & some others following along with this same kind of thing because of the big  cities just because the brilliance in that & other government bodies are just about the same as that of California's !

I think in the long run the rush to put something like this into law will only do more harm than good because they as usual just rush into it with out much if any study on what it will exactly take to make this a success .

Success & ramifications be damned because this is our idea so make it so number one despite the consequences !! 

Let's not start small study it & work up form there with the data gathered from it let's just do the hole enchilada and then when it does screw up we will deal with that by spending more money to fix that after it's implementation .

If all of this was only caused by fossil fuels they may be onto something but there is much more to this entire equation but that doesn't fit the narrative or agenda to what they are trying to accomplish so put ALL the blame on cars only & do away with fossil fueled cars to make this a perfect fossil fuel to produce electric car type world . 

Pretty sure automakers are already on track to sell nothing but EV's by then anyway...they have stopped all development on ICE. 

So what were you talking about again? 

How many miles of the high-speed rail have been built so far and at what cost? It was so long ago I can't remember, when did that project start?

So a state that can't lay train track or keep the current electric grid on-line is going to ......

Completely upgrade the grid adding 2-3X more capacity.

Make the grid reliable to the point that homes, businesses and the entire transportation infrastructure can operate from it without interruption. 

Source the added capacity through renewables (per CA Senate Bill 100 guidelines).

Do so in a physically large state with heavily populated areas.

Complete this by roughly 2035 (13 years) when new ICE vehicles will no longer go on sale.

In 13 years they will be lucky to have broken ground.....HA HA HA!  

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They need to build a few nuclear power plants to support the energy needed. 

I understood they were shutting them all down.  I think the plant is Diablo Canyon they want to shut down next.  Maybe they'll mandate powering the State by strapping solar panels and propellers to a space camp helmet with I Luv Gavin decals they'll force everyone to wear when they shut down civilization and direct the State's citizens to return to living in the woods where they can compete with squirrels and woodchucks for nuts and berries?  I'm betting on the squirrels here as they are a lot more intelligent that most give them credit for, and certainly much smarter than the average neo-liberal climate enthusiast. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

They need to build a few nuclear power plants to support the energy needed. 

California Senate Bill 100 has no exemptions for nuclear.  Per the bill, CA must be on 100% renewables by 2045.  Here's a somewhat dated but good article by the WSJ...

California Scrambles to Find Electricity to Offset Plant Closures

"California is racing to secure large amounts of power in the next few years to make up for the impending closure of fossil-fuel power plants and a nuclear facility that provides nearly 10% of the electricity generated in the state."

On 8/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, nedboy7 said:

The entire world is feeling climate change effects.  China is going 40% EV production by 2030. Yet these idiots think there is no climate change and electric vehicles are like Covid. An agenda by liberals.  

Actually the idiots are the one who think humans can’t adapt to a degree hotter in 78 years, so we all must go vegan and ride bicycles… and at the same time let’s go colonize mars 😂 

or that the earth is so delicate that one more ice cube sized glacier in the ocean and New York will be underwater. 😂 

or that China or India give a ***** about carbon emissions 😂 😂 

or that all these western austerity measures will do anything whatsoever to reduce co2 in the atmosphere, by front loading the massive initial carbon footprint of lithium ion Evs. Hint whats already up there will be for 500 years… 😂 

the idiots are the ones who have zero fundamental science and business knowledge but buy tons of plastic because it’s tossed into a green container with a heartwarming symbol on it, only to go to a landfill.  

the idiots are the ones that believe these politicians have the people interests at heart, and want you to reduce your carbon foot print, while driving their porches, living in mansions and jetting around the country… 🐑 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Actually the idiots are the one who think humans can’t adapt to a degree hotter in 78 years, so we all must go vegan and ride bicycles… and at the same time let’s go colonize mars 😂 

or that the earth is so delicate that one more ice cube sized glacier in the ocean and New York will be underwater. 😂 

or that all these western austerity measures will do anything whatsoever to reduce co2 in the atmosphere, by front loading the massive initial carbon footprint of lithium ion Evs. Hint whats already up there will be for 500 years… 😂 

the idiots are the ones who have zero fundamental science and business knowledge but buy tons of plastic because it’s tossed into a green container with a heartwarming symbol on it, only to go to a landfill.  

the idiots are the ones that believe these politicians have the people interests at heart, and want you to reduce your carbon foot print, while driving their porches, living in mansions and jetting around the country… 🐑 

Yeah the entire world has fallen for evil scientists who make billions off fighting fossil fuel.

Edited by nedboy7

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah the entire world has fallen for evil scientists who make billions off fossil fuel. 

Right on queue 🐑 living in fear right where they expect you to be! 

Oh my god the world will end next year if one more cow farts… 👻 

😂 exactly…. Nobody stands to make billions from all these green energy fantasies .

say it out loud! ‘Let’s colonize mars… also let’s live in fear of co2, a gas humans exhale btw, and a degree hotter in 96 years!  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Now here's someone with a little common sense. It's all pseudo-science

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Right on queue 🐑 living in fear right where they expect you to be! 

Oh my god the world will end next year if one more cow farts… 👻 

😂 exactly…. Nobody stands to make billions from all these green energy fantasies .

say it out loud! ‘Let’s colonize mars… also let’s live in fear of co2, a gas humans exhale btw, and a degree hotter in 96 years!  

Your oversimplification is a sign of your ignorance.  Some catchy sounding slogans from whatever absurd sources you get your news from. 

Cow farts!  CO2 is life!  Climate scientists make millions! 

Water is in every cell.  You are about 60% water.  Go sit underwater for a bit.  See what happens.  Your logic is non existent. 

Try reading an opposing view once.  I've read all your garbage. 

https://www.dw.com/en/are-us-republicans-finally-waking-up-to-the-climate-crisis/a-59215389

"Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI," Elon Musk said in an interview. "I keep telling people this. I hate to be Cassandra here, but it's all fun and games until somebody loses a ***** eye. This view [of climate change] is shared by almost everyone who's not crazy in the scientific community."

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

"Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI," Elon Musk said in an interview. "I keep telling people this. I hate to be Cassandra here, but it's all fun and games until somebody loses a ***** eye. This view [of climate change] is shared by almost everyone who's not crazy in the scientific community."

I’m not denying climate change, I’m not even suggesting it’s not worth doing some about… but this hand wringing panic and existential crisis nonsense is beyond stupid.

What about the 40s to the 70s when global cooling was the consensus global climate crisis? The ice age was coming because pollution something…. I suppose Co2 emissions were ramping down during that period and vegetation had its dominant period in history?? Phew dodged a bullet there. 

since you’re such a believer in this existential threat bedboy, how have you zeroed your footprint? What kind of bicycle do you ride to work? When did you go vegan?  Do you live in a tent or eco friendly zero emission tiny house. How many tree did you plant today. I assume in such a state of panic you must be doing anything you can to avoid the oncoming catastrophe, right?? Don’t even tell me you have a water heater or ac anywhere. That’s criminal 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not denying climate change, I’m not even suggesting it’s not worth doing some about… but this hand wringing panic and existential crisis nonsense is beyond stupid.

What about the 40s to the 70s when global cooling was the consensus global climate crisis? The ice age was coming because pollution something…. I suppose Co2 emissions were ramping down during that period and vegetation had its dominant period in history?? Phew dodged a bullet there. 

since you’re such a believer in this existential threat bedboy, how have you zeroed your footprint? What kind of bicycle do you ride to work? When did you go vegan?  Do you live in a tent or eco friendly zero emission tiny house. How many tree did you plant today. I assume in such a state of panic you must be doing anything you can to avoid the oncoming catastrophe, right?? Don’t even tell me you have a water heater or ac anywhere. That’s criminal 

Yes the only way to combat climate change is to ride a bike to a vegan restaurant.  Glad you think its not a Chinese hoax at least. 

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Yes the only way to combat climate change is to ride a bike to a vegan restaurant.  Glad you think its not a Chinese hoax at least. 

I hope you're doing your part neddie, the fate of the world is in your hand. 

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

but at the same time if you are one of the fools buying this existential crisis schtick you better be be at least carbon neutral otherwise you’re a total scumbag contributing to the demise of humanity according to your own beliefs. 

So what is your personal sacrifice?