Bills “trying to run the clock out” on Tre’Davious White PUP list decision

HOUSE

May mean nothing but a couple small tidbits from yesterday stuck with me.

1). GMBB said it wasn’t the Bills Drs who did the surgery.  Not saying Eichel situation but, maybe a bit of disagreement within the camps on time table?

2). Buffalo Plus noted yesterday that they hadn’t seen Tre at practice for a few days now.  He had been there working on side, on bike or doing drills with trainers till recently.

6 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

May mean nothing but a couple small tidbits from yesterday stuck with me.

1). GMBB said it wasn’t the Bills Drs who did the surgery.  Not saying Eichel situation but, maybe a bit of disagreement within the camps on time table?

Maybe not disagreement on timetable, but rather a lack of direct communication with the attending doctors, who are only speaking with Tre. The Bills could only get info from Tre in this scenario.

Unless workman’s comp applies to football players….

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be shocked if he did.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but if he's on PUP list, it's probably more than the 4 games dictated by that designation.

He's not allowed to practice on PUP, and when he's eligible to be activated (following those 4 weeks), they're not going to throw him into his first full practice on Wednesday and have him defending WRs on Sunday.

With that in mind, the earliest we could hope to see him (if he goes on PUP) is the KC game. And with a bye the following week after KC, I believe they'd hold off until after the bye.

We'll know a whole lot more in about a week when he is or isn't on the PUP list.

If there's any consolation, remember the Bills fared pretty well after Thanksgiving last year when Tre went down. They still have a decent secondary, and with greater pass rush pressure from a bolstered DL,  it should make the CBs jobs easier.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but if he's on PUP list, it's probably more than the 4 games dictated by that designation.

He's not allowed to practice on PUP, and when he's eligible to be activated (following those 4 weeks), they're not going to throw him into his first full practice on Wednesday and have him defending WRs on Sunday.

With that in mind, the earliest we could hope to see him (if he goes on PUP) is the KC game. And with a bye the following week after KC, I believe they'd hold off until after the bye.

We'll know a whole lot more in about a week when he is or isn't on the PUP list.

If there's any consolation, remember the Bills fared pretty well after Thanksgiving last year when Tre went down. They still have a decent secondary, and with greater pass rush pressure from a bolstered DL,  it should make the CBs jobs easier.

I don't think he is going to start the season on the PUP list. Everything that the Bills are saying suggests they think he is out week 1 but that he has every chance to play in those first 4 weeks. Beane said "we don't rule it out" and Frazier is talking about him being "inactive" week 1. I think it is 75/25 that White comes off the PUP list next week. Agree if he starts the season on PUP he is probably out until at least week 6. I just don't think that is going to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Did anyone hear Leslie yesterday, he talked about Dane and the rookies being ready if Tre is "inactive" against the Rams. that is the plan IMO. They are going to put him on the 53 man roster but have him inactive for the first game (or two). 

Agree, it has been the likely outcome since training camp, I think we will be okay at the CB position for the first couple of games without Tre, obviously better with him but the reality is what it is. 

19 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's getting to the point where it's pretty obvious he won't make the Rams game.  He will be missed.

But the next 3 are against Tannehill, Tua and Lamar.  Not the biggest outside and deep passing threats.

Bills getting Tre back after game 4 won't be too bad.  At least it won't be against Mahomes and Rodgers.

Get him healthy if need be, it's a long season.

The thing is, if he goes to the PUP list, he can’t practice either. As good as he is, he is going to need some practice time being for going full go in a game. So he would miss a minimum of 4 games, but would the Bills have him play game 5 with only one week of practice?

If they don’t put him on the PUP, it’s one less person that can be stashed, however not everyone on the 53 is active every week. If Tre is close, it might be worth having him inactive for a week or 2, while still being able to practice and ramp up. 

The best thing about this news is that he is close. If he wasn’t, he would be on the PUP already. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Buffalosouth said:

I'd rather he miss more time and come back at 85% of what he was over him coming back early and being 70% with higher risk of re-injury

They will NOT bring him back early, not at this point in the season.   He will be 100% when he comes back. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.