Convicted felon Donald Trump stole top secret nuclear docs - greatest security risk in US history

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Do you believe that the President of the United States can designate any document they want as a personal record?

Of course, all he needs to do is think in his head' "declassified", and then it is so (actual argument from republicans because they are smart).  He would sandwich that thought between, witchhunt, witchhunt, mcdonalds, golf, mcdonalds, nice rack, mcdonalds, diet coke, witchhunt.

5 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Of course, all he needs to do is think in his head' "declassified", and then it is so (actual argument from republicans because they are smart).  He would sandwich that thought between, witchhunt, witchhunt, mcdonalds, golf, mcdonalds, nice rack, mcdonalds, diet coke, witchhunt.

You don't need to be able to declassify documents by thinking about it, because you could just pardon yourself before stealing them.  Who am I kidding he has total immunity from everything anyways.  That my friends is called the triple twisting of fallacies, that maga is too dumb to figure out.  What will him and his lawyers claim next?  That he can suspend the Constitution?  That he can serve more terms, because he was treated unfairly???  Oh nm, they already claimed that.  Imagine how dumb you'd have to be to........     and they keep surprising us.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tommy Eyerolls still struggling with how people can think about two things at once. 

Furiously, he flips through his script to find what he should say. Just reverts back to not understanding how news works. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, daz28 said:

You don't need to be able to declassify documents by thinking about it, because you could just pardon yourself before stealing them.  Who am I kidding he has total immunity from everything anyways.  That my friends is called the triple twisting of fallacies, that maga is too dumb to figure out.  What will him and his lawyers claim next?  That he can suspend the Constitution?  That he can serve more terms, because he was treated unfairly???  Oh nm, they already claimed that.  Imagine how dumb you'd have to be to........     and they keep surprising us.  

I'm not willing to give Trump a pass here because there are some serious questions and issues regarding his handling and possession of these documents. And some clear and true answers are required.

But the people in charge of this investigation at the FBI and prosecuting the case at the DOJ are ethically compromised, incompetent, and acting more in the interests of their political allies than they are in acting in the interests of the law.

When I read agents brought "top secret" cover sheets and other documents to the premises and then used those items to cover other documents seized at the site for staged "top secret" pictures they released to the MSM, I was appalled at their lack of professionalism. This contaminated the crime scene and this is clearly improper. A fair and free court might invalidate the entire search base on what these idiots did here. And that may very well happen as motions to dismiss for misconduct are being filed with the court. Then everyone howling for the "rule of law" can learn a lesson that staging media photos and bringing outside evidence to a search to plant at the residence, much like planting a gun on a suspect shot by police under suspicious circumstance, isn't the  right way to apply the law. 

I also understand the FBI was prepared to engage in a shoot out with the Secret Service if they presented any resistance to allowing the search. Who the Hell is in charge of this circus? Apparently everyone in charge of our legal and law enforcement institutions is insane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm not willing to give Trump a pass here because there are some serious questions and issues regarding his handling and possession of these documents. And some clear and true answers are required.

But the people in charge of this investigation at the FBI and prosecuting the case at the DOJ are ethically compromised, incompetent, and acting more in the interests of their political allies than they are in acting in the interests of the law.

When I read agents brought "top secret" cover sheets and other documents to the premises and then used those items to cover other documents seized at the site for staged "top secret" pictures they released to the MSM, I was appalled at their lack of professionalism. This contaminated the crime scene and this is clearly improper. A fair and free court might invalidate the entire search base on what these idiots did here. And that may very well happen as motions to dismiss for misconduct are being filed with the court. Then everyone howling for the "rule of law" can learn a lesson that staging media photos and bringing outside evidence to a search to plant at the residence, much like planting a gun on a suspect shot by police under suspicious circumstance, isn't the  right way to apply the law. 

I also understand the FBI was prepared to engage in a shoot out with the Secret Service if they presented any resistance to allowing the search. Who the Hell is in charge of this circus? Apparently everyone in charge of our legal and law enforcement institutions is insane.

Hey man, this is a wildly wrong interpretation of the facts here. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, daz28 said:

No, they’ll continue to attack the basis for the armed raid,  problems with the investigation,  leaks/staged photo shoots, the SC’s untruthful testimony before the court, the egregious mishandling of classified documents in their possession, the new question of documents apparently sent to Trump, and the relative hypocrisy on the handling of classified documents by all other players.  As additional documents are unsealed, more will come to light that can be attacked procedurally or in the court of public opinion. 

I understand hatred of Trump.  I never understand people like you running around screaming someone else is in a cult while you dismiss issues with the SC.

The SC office controlled everything.  There are no fears of running out of money, no limitations on experts, personnel to process data, the ability to manage leaks, photo shoots etc…yet here we are. 

The best outcome would be to end this debacle, acknowledge the government has played extremely fast and loose with classified documents in control of powerful people, and that for too long they all were above the law.   That predated Dopey Joe, Crooked Hillary, Evangelical Mike and Cheeto Dust Don.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Source? Citations?

29 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You have my attention. What's the correct interpretation, if you please?

When conducting an investigation on missing documents with national secrets, the most important thing for the government is to retrieve the documents and assess if any damage was done to national security. 

To do this, they need to take the documents into possession and perform an intelligence review. However, separately from this, the DoJ will want to preserve the evidence for potential charges. To satisfy both requirements, when investigators found an intelligence document they took it for the intelligence review but put a placeholder in its place so that the DoJ would know that there was an intelligence document there and it would reference which document was removed. 

This allows the intelligence investigation to continue with the documents being returned to their proper place while still allowing law enforcement to examine the evidence as part of its investigation. 

Additionally, the language about use of force in a search warrant is standard boilerplate. Any time armed law enforcement officers are being sent to execute a search, you would expect to see that language. It’s not in there for a shootout with the Secret Service. It’s in there because it’s in basically every search warrant. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

When conducting an investigation on missing documents with national secrets, the most important thing for the government is to retrieve the documents and assess if any damage was done to national security. 

To do this, they need to take the documents into possession and perform an intelligence review. However, separately from this, the DoJ will want to preserve the evidence for potential charges. To satisfy both requirements, when investigators found an intelligence document they took it for the intelligence review but put a placeholder in its place so that the DoJ would know that there was an intelligence document there and it would reference which document was removed. 

This allows the intelligence investigation to continue with the documents being returned to their proper place while still allowing law enforcement to examine the evidence as part of its investigation. 

Additionally, the language about use of force in a search warrant is standard boilerplate. Any time armed law enforcement officers are being sent to execute a search, you would expect to see that language. It’s not in there for a shootout with the Secret Service. It’s in there because it’s in basically every search warrant. 

How dare you respond rationally.  Repeatedly bursting the rights conspiracy bubbles with logic is just mean.  You know they don't comprehend logic.  They see something they don't understand, like say language on a search warrant, and it's immediately a huge conspiracy on X and parroted here.  

6 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

"I'm not willing to give Trump a pass".

Then proceeds to detail why he thinks Trump should get a pass which is of course based on insane conjecture.  This would be a funny post if you meant it to be ironic or sarcastic.  Instead it is pathetic.  You understand the fbi was prepared to engage in a shootout?  You are starting to develop internet brain.  You should take a step back before you end up like our resident allstar tinfoil hatter from nc.

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

"I'm not willing to give Trump a pass".

Then proceeds to detail why he thinks Trump should get a pass which is of course based on insane conjecture.  This would be a funny post if you meant it to be ironic or sarcastic.  Instead it is pathetic.  You understand the fbi was prepared to engage in a shootout?  You are starting to develop internet brain.  You should take a step back before you end up like our resident allstar tinfoil hatter from nc.

After the election the FBI might be prepared to have a shootout with Biden.  Think about it...

3 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

How dare you respond rationally.  Repeatedly bursting the rights conspiracy bubbles with logic is just mean.  You know they don't comprehend logic.  They see something they don't understand, like say language on a search warrant, and it's immediately a huge conspiracy on X and parroted here.  

To be fair, legal stuff is complicated and it’s rarely covered well by the media. 

But still, I would hope that people would approach obviously ridiculous claims like “Biden was going to have Trump assassinated” with a bit of skepticism. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, phypon said:

After the election the FBI might be prepared to have a shootout with Biden.  Think about it...

Or attack the lizard people with lsd grenades and sharks that shoot laser beams outta their heads.  Think about it.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

To be fair, legal stuff is complicated and it’s rarely covered well by the media. 

But still, I would hope that people would approach obviously ridiculous claims like “Biden was going to have Trump assassinated” with a bit of skepticism. 

Headlines are all that matter.  Content not so much.  Sources are literally insane.

Demented Biden and Backstabber Pence store classified documents in their homes.  Nothing.  He's a senile old man.  Pence is not a threat.  Nothing to see here.  Trump does the same - early morning raid, use deadly force, and prosecute.  You don't see anything wrong with that?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden and Backstabber Pence store classified documents in their homes.  Nothing.  He's a senile old man.  Pence is not a threat.  Nothing to see here.  Trump does the same - early morning raid, use deadly force, and prosecute.  You don't see anything wrong with that?  

You seem to be skipping the part where Biden and Pence cooperated while Trump obstructed the investigation and lied to law enforcement. 

Tiny detail there…

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Do you believe that the President of the United States can designate any document they want as a personal record?

Most of them, according to https://abalegalfactcheck.com/.  No one else can.

51 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You seem to be skipping the part where Biden and Pence cooperated while Trump obstructed the investigation and lied to law enforcement. 

Tiny detail there…

You seem to be skipping the part where Biden knew he had classified material for years before conveniently giving it back after MAL was raided.  Just because he wasn't asked means nothing.

And it's been 2 years since MAL was raided.  It's safe to say the intelligence review has been done and there was no threat to national security.