Roe vs Wade Overturned

14 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Reports from operators of abortion clinics indicate that women from all racial-political-socio-economic strata use their services. As you say, “people are people” and surprise pregnancies happen. When women feel they need an abortion for whatever reason, they will do what is necessary or go to where it is provided. Bans on the procedure especially target the young and poor who are less able to travel to a provider state. 

The impression I got from reading your initial post was that there was an epidemic of southern women banging boots on the downlow, outwardly espousing pro-life but secretly slipping into a non-descript building in NYC to have an abortion.   

That women from all

walks of life and across the political spectrum seek abortions makes sense, I just wasn’t quite sure why you focused on “religious, conservative southern women” in particular.  

14 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Not sure what you mean here. Personally, I’m not for unrestricted access to abortion. I’m just assuming that republican politicians do not want to harm women with pregnancy complications. Thus, they should allow medical doctors to decide if such procedure is needed to protect the health of the girl/woman.  No woman wants to be denied necessary medical care due to the wording in a law written by stupid politicians. She shouldn’t have to be near death to get treatment, 

With due respect, you seemed to argue a different point in the post I replied to.  In this post, you go to “near death”, in the first, you seemed to be suggesting broad latitude in the laws offered by Republican lawmakers to allow for abortions if they don’t want to lose this particular fight. 

I’m still confused by people who suggest that a woman’s right to choose has anything at all to do with her doctor, with the exception of a doctor advising a woman who wants to have a baby that her life/health is in peril in doing so. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Public protests on public property, though dubiously effective, have been a part of this country since its founding.

I will agree that stalking, invasion of private property, and definitely attempted assassination are not acceptable and should be dealt with by authorities. 

Your brain is so addled I’m surprised you’re able to type on a keyboard.

Sincerely,

A Democrat who loves this country. 

How magnanimous of you. Where do you like to eat? I want to come shout obscenities in your face while you enjoy your pesto.

Or maybe consider that people who do that kind of things are generally acting like DBs and are generally a problem with our country.  

28 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

How magnanimous of you. Where do you like to eat? I want to come shout obscenities in your face while you enjoy your pesto.

Or maybe consider that people who do that kind of things are generally acting like DBs and are generally a problem with our country.  

Right now, I’m having a beer on a bar patio (the weather is currently delightful).

If you come to the public sidewalk and yell obscenities at me, I will be annoyed and move indoors. If you then come into the private institution and do the same, you’ll be kicked out.

In any case, people can call you an ####### and question the efficacy of your methods, but you have violated none of my rights. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Public protests on public property, though dubiously effective, have been a part of this country since its founding.

I will agree that stalking, invasion of private property, and definitely attempted assassination are not acceptable and should be dealt with by authorities. 

Your brain is so addled I’m surprised you’re able to type on a keyboard.

Sincerely,

A Democrat who loves this country. 

I was told two years ago, by several students,  that all of my students knew I was a Republican because I love our country so much. At that point I openly told them my love of country was based on being aware of the other choices. I also told a few I am not Republican but Libertarian.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

She has a good argument. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was told two years ago, by several students,  that all of my students knew I was a Republican because I love our country so much. At that point I openly told them my love of country was based on being aware of the other choices. I also told a few I am not Republican but Libertarian.

At least they admit Dems/ Libs do not love this country very much. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is 100% pure BS. The idea that Dems hate this country can only be believed by someone who is so indoctrinated into their own bubble that they have isolated themselves from reality. 

As someone who supports the Dems, who knows many Dems, including some that work in politics and government, they love this country as much as any Republican I’ve met.

If you ever find yourself believing something as ridiculous as the idea that 1/3rd of the country actually hates the country, then log off, throw your modem in the trash (because you can’t use it responsibly) and go outside and touch some grass. 

Good lord. 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This is 100% pure BS. The idea that Dems hate this country can only be believed by someone who is so indoctrinated into their own bubble that they have isolated themselves from reality. 

As someone who supports the Dems, who knows many Dems, including some that work in politics and government, they love this country as much as any Republican I’ve met.

If you ever find yourself believing something as ridiculous as the idea that 1/3rd of the country actually hates the country, then log off, throw your modem in the trash (because you can’t use it responsibly) and go outside and touch some grass. 

Good lord. 

You must not check out the msm very often. They hate it. They hate the founding fathers, hate conservative ideas and hate Republicans and Trump voters. It’s probably more than 1/3 of the population and they shout it from the rooftops daily. I believe it because I see it right in front of me. Trust me, I wish it weren’t true but the evidence says otherwise. 

• Eyeroll 1

Sick freaks and morons

Should I delete my period app?

This seems to be the biggest question people have about online privacy with regard to the Roe reversal. The short answer is: Yes. If you want to keep your reproductive health and menstrual data private — especially if you’re worried about that data being part of a criminal investigation — don’t put it in an app.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2022/7/6/23196809/period-apps-roe-dobbs-data-privacy-abortion

Where are the fact checks

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Dude, go walk onto any military base and shout that BS. I think you would get an education. Democrats have died for this nation just like republicans. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Dude, go walk onto any military base and shout that BS. I think you would get an education. Democrats have died for this nation just like republicans. 

Not todays “ Dems”. Totally different 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

My goodness is she one dumb b****

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Democrats are not half of Americans 

100% Democrat voters are probably 35% of the voting population 

Knowingly voting for them is indefensible, disgusting, and is exactly what's wrong with this country 

You don't have to vote MAGA or GOP. 

You should never vote Democrat.  Ever.  

They are affiliated and controlled by people that inherently HATE this country.

Prove me wrong.  

Prove you wrong? EZ

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

AOC doesn’t represent the Democratic party any more than MTG does for the republicans. They are both extremist idiots.

Who does?

Wow how obtuse. 

4 hours ago, Andy1 said:

17 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Right now, I’m having a beer on a bar patio (the weather is currently delightful).

If you come to the public sidewalk and yell obscenities at me, I will be annoyed and move indoors. If you then come into the private institution and do the same, you’ll be kicked out.

In any case, people can call you an ####### and question the efficacy of your methods, but you have violated none of my rights. 

Its weird that you keep going back to the legality of it.  I never said it was illegal,  I said it was that lack of civility that is generally a problem in our country.  For somw reason you seem to be willing to dip a toe in the water, but refuse to jump in.