Buffalo hates Eichole so much, he had to drop the price on his condo

Draconator

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Inventory is sooooo low right now it's down right crazy. Yet I would agree that this may be overpriced. 

The market in the city is overpriced and houses are selling on the spot

My house just got appraised almost 2.5x the value I bought it at 15 years ago 

They want my taxes to increase .. nice house it's not worth what they say

Yeah if you want to sell it's good.. I don't want to sell and they want to raise my taxes substantially 

Every house is going way over what it was 2 years ago in buffalo 

Whether it's Lovejoy, Sloan , cheektowaga or downtown market is insane and tons are selling

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The market in the city is overpriced and houses are selling on the spot

My house just got appraised almost 2.5x the value I bought it at 15 years ago 

They want my taxes to increase 

Yeah if you want to sell it's good.. I don't want to sell and they want to raise my taxes substantially 

Every house is going way over what it was 2 years ago

It's overpriced everywhere. Houses listing for $175 are going for $250K and over. They're appraising for that much also. 

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

It's overpriced everywhere. Houses listing for $175 are going for $250K and over. They're appraising for that much also. 

Most houses around the city are selling super fast 

I know a bunch of people who just left Lovejoy and sloan and the east side 

And their houses sold instantly above value... Market is crazy!

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Most houses around the city are selling super fast 

I know a bunch of people who just left Lovejoy and sloan and the east side 

And their houses sold instantly above value... Market is crazy!

My wife and I are realtors. We put bids in on houses $60K over asking. There are over 70 bids on the same house and the $60K over asking bid falls in the middle of the pack. Seller? This market is perfect! Buyer? Keep putting the bids in. One is bound to be accepted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

My wife and I are realtors. We put bids in on houses $60K over asking. There are over 70 bids on the same house and the $60K over asking bid falls in the middle of the pack. Seller? This market is perfect! Buyer? Keep putting the bids in. One is bound to be accepted.

Good advice and that's insane!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

Inventory is sooooo low right now it's down right crazy. Yet I would agree that this may be overpriced. 

The market for $1million+ condos in downtown Buffalo is probably much smaller than the market for $250K condos, and certainly much smaller than $1 million+ single family homes in the city and suburbs.

• Like (+1) 1

I know this is just heresay but I read somewhere on Twitter that Eichel was so disliked by his Sabres teammates that there is an unwritten rule in the locker room that none of the players can buy his house.  Who knows if that's a real thing or not but interesting to see this after just reading that a couple days ago.

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

I know this is just heresay but I read somewhere on Twitter that Eichel was so disliked by his Sabres teammates that there is an unwritten rule in the locker room that none of the players can buy his house.  Who knows if that's a real thing or not but interesting to see this after just reading that a couple days ago.

True, and $1 Million homes (Single Family or Condo) attract a very specific type of buyer in Buffalo. $1 Million Condo's in say Hilton Head gets you about 2 blocks from the beach.

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

True, and $1 Million homes (Single Family or Condo) attract a very specific type of buyer. 

Exactly, normally that's a situation where another player would have most likely bought the property so it makes you wonder if that rumor has some legs to it.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Man, this kid just does not have a great rep.  He's gonna need to do a real look in the mirror if he wants to change his career. 

• Agree 1

Hockey players are very superstitious too... Why buy that Mass Hole's house... Doom their career.  That's why nobody is breaking their neck to buy it. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Sweet digs.

Yeah, from May to October.  

Should be worth half that as a summer home.

Call me in late December before the Lake freezes over. 😉 

I heard the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

$100k is only under 10% discount.  Would you feel like you got a deal @ the grocery store if you used a 10% off coupon.  Maybe... But 20-30% is nicer!  That's a deal. 

That condo ain't worth a million or more... Not even close.  What a joke the market is. Again... Half the year you'll be shivering down there...

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hockey players are very superstitious too... Why buy that Mass Hole's house... Doom their career.  That's why nobody is breaking their neck to buy it. 

Yeah, from May to October.  

Should be worth half that as a summer home.

Call me in late December before the Lake freezes over. 😉 

My interpretation was that he is just such a prick that they want him stuck with having the financial burden of it lol...but you could be on to something there too

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

My interpretation was that he is just such a prick that they want him stuck with having the financial burden of it lol...but you could be on to something there too

Eichel coming up w/$1.1 million is like me scratching up a $1,000 for my auto deductible. Really no financial burden though,  just icing on the cake.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn't realize there were $1.2 million townhouses in downtown Buffalo.

I always wondered where he chose to live given his need to constantly get downtown to the arena.

I think most of those guys tend to end up way out in Clarence, however.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.