Buffalo hates Eichole so much, he had to drop the price on his condo

Draconator

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

You have many inaccuracies….

there was redlining and black zones.  The Kensington expressway split a black neighborhood. This has happened in many other cities when expressways were built. They avoided white neighborhoods and cut thru black ones.

the post WW2 GI bill benefited white veteran dips only allowing them to buy homes in the suburbs.  The highways were built along when suburbs were built.

https://ppgbuffalo.org/files/documents/data-demographics-history/a_city_divided__a_brief_history_of_segregation_in_the_city_of_buffalo.pdf

The cities history was Irish south, Italians north, Polish on the east, Delaware  park area was wealthy,  Rest was black.

erie canal did not enter Niagara in buffalo but used tonawanda creek into Niagara river

I did not address how Buffalo became segregated, which was the topic of the article above.   Nothing in that article contradicts what I wrote previously.  I described where Blacks were living when the Kensington Expressway was conceived and designed.  The map from 1937 in the article showed that most Blacks lived in the old Ellicott District which was just east of Downtown, which is exactly where I said they were living until the later 1950s and 1960s. 

16 hours ago, SoTier said:

I did not address how Buffalo became segregated, which was the topic of the article above.   Nothing in that article contradicts what I wrote previously.  I described where Blacks were living when the Kensington Expressway was conceived and designed.  The map from 1937 in the article showed that most Blacks lived in the old Ellicott District which was just east of Downtown, which is exactly where I said they were living until the later 1950s and 1960s. 

the krngsington cut through and divided a black neighborhood.  This is something that was commonly done throughout citues building expressways thru cities.  About every one was racially motivated.   Whites were more powerful and had control so they didn’t want it in their neighborhood. The wanted it thrus poor and minority neighborhoods.

suburban built up also discriminated against blacks. Homr loans discriminated against blacks.  Ever hear of “redlining”?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.