Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

First part of the tweet

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s an NFL analyst 😄

That's a bit misleading as it might imply he works for the NFL. 

Kollman is a film analyst who runs a youtube channel called 'The Film Room" which he monetizes with promotional deals.  Sort of like a league-wide Cover1.

His stuff is pretty good.

On 5/4/2022 at 8:48 AM, Mat68 said:

Mckenzie was allowed to test the market and came back 2 years in a row on below market deals.  The league has said how it feels about Mckenzie.  Buffalo to an extent has shown how it values Mckenzie.  If Shakir beats him out for Wr 4 he is on the bubble.  Shakir and Stevenson offer cheaper return options.  Kumerow is almost a lock for his blocking and teams ability with some decent hands and size.  How many Wrs do they keep?  I feel it comes down to Stevenson and Mckenzie.  Cook is probably they guy you do the gadget stuff with now.  Its a legit question.  Makes the preseason intriguing to see who steps up. 

Except that officially, McKenzie didn't "test the market" as he was re-signed before the start of FA both years.

Stevenson offers cheaper return options 😂

• Like (+1) 1

I'm beginning to wonder if Shakir is going to play outside more then we think.  

He's 6'0 190.  He has said he can play both.  With no clear favorite to backup Diggs and Davis - it ain't Crowder or McKenzie.  

I think Shakir is going to start there and they'll move him around as needed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane was apparently on a radio show today (or recently) saying he got angry texts from some GM's after he made the pick.

How does a GM get angry about not picking up a guy in the 5th round?  You had all the time in the world

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Beane was apparently on a radio show today (or recently) saying he got angry texts from some GM's after he made the pick.

How does a GM get angry about not picking up a guy in the 5th round?  You had all the time in the world

I don’t know how does Tom Brady go in the round that he went in

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know how does Tom Brady go in the round that he went in

That’s different.  No one wanted Brady.  

Also, when does this one anomaly situation stop getting used?

• 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.