Rd 5, Pick 148 (5): WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St

YoloinOhio

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Right but i am not using a crystal ball infront of me and saying a 4th or 5th grade player(I trust experts more then you) is going to be better then what we have...

That is serious crystal ball work

I am willing too. Specially when 2 of the three mentioned have done what in the league as well?  

The more film I watch on him the more I like the pick. He is a combination of McKenzie's and Beasley's skill sets but with more size. In fact I think McKenzie's spot on the roster is now in question. I can't foresee us rostering three slot receivers.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The more film I watch on him the more I like the pick. He is a combination of McKenzie's and Beasley's skill sets but with more size. In fact I think McKenzie's spot on the roster is now in question. I can't foresee us rostering three slot receivers.

I agree. A lot of WR highlights you see them making easy catches in space because the DBs are so bad. This guy made a lot of genuinely spectacular catches, including some amazing one handers

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If he runs a 4.43, why are they saying he is slow?

I have yet to see any analysis that refers to him as "slow". It does seem like he is quick,  but might take a few steps to reach full speed.  But that's just from me watching highlights 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think he can run all of Diggs routes, and will be his backup... In addition to compeating for playing time in the slot.

Edited by Motorin'
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I agree. I also wonder if Crowder is really a lock to make the roster. 

Honestly, with McKenzie on a 2 year contract and Crowder on a 1 year contract I'd almost prefer McKenzie over Crowder. That said I think we keep both.. I would like our WR depth chart to be:

Diggs

Davis

Crowder

Shakir

McKenzie 

Kumerow 

Stash Stevenson on the PS. I don't know if we keep 7 WRs again.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I agree. A lot of WR highlights you see them making easy catches in space because the DBs are so bad. This guy made a lot of genuinely spectacular catches, including some amazing one handers

His body control on catches outside of his frame is incredible. That combined with hie YAC ability, he has a ton of upside. Seems like he just needs to clean up some focus drops.

And for everyone whining that the Bills didn't add a YAC WR on day one or two... There are YAC WRs available on day 3 of every single draft. That's where the value is for that skill set.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I think he can run all of Diggs routes, and will be his backup... In addition to compeating for playing time in the it. 

I worry about his functional strength to win on the outside and he has a tendency to round routes off at the top. The second of those is correctable. The first is just a physical limitation I'm not sure there is much you can do about that. We'll see but if he is going to have a good NFL career it will be in the slot and as a gimmick guy IMO.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I agree. I also wonder if Crowder is really a lock to make the roster. 

Honestly, with McKenzie on a 2 year contract and Crowder on a 1 year contract I'd almost prefer McKenzie over Crowder. That said I think we keep both.. I would like our WR depth chart to be:

Diggs

Davis

Crowder

Shakir

McKenzie 

Kumerow 

Stash Stevenson on the PS. I don't know if we keep 7 WRs again.

I think Crowder is going to see significant playing time. He's legit.

• Agree 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

His body control on catches outside of his frame is incredible. That combined with hie YAC ability, he has a ton of upside. Seems like he just needs to clean up some focus drops.

And for everyone whining that the Bills didn't add a YAC WR on day one or two... There are YAC WRs available on day 3 of every single draft. That's where the value is for that skill set.

Yea he has the ability to make the difficult catches and he is a threat with the ball in his hand. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.