• Jahan Dotson, WR
    • Treylon Burks, WR
    • Nakobe Dean, LB
    • Breece Hall, RB
    • Other
    • Trade up won’t be at 25
    • Trade down won’t be at 25

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

Is Miami really a concern.  You can have Hill on the team but who is going to throw the ball to him.  Why would Hill be easily traded if he wasn't easily replaceable?

Maybe this is part of a conversation that provides context upthread. Are you saying Hill is not a concern because Tua is weak at qb or are you implying Hill is an easily replaceable commodity, because the latter is risibly untrue. He's arguably the most explosive wr talent in the league.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Just about my least favorite possibility. He doesn't tackle well . . . 

That's taken on a life of it's own.   He was hurt part of last year, likely limiting his take on ability.   And at just 21 years old, has plenty of time to work on his technique.    I have no worries about his tackling.

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

That's taken on a life of it's own.   He was hurt part of last year, likely limiting his take on ability.   And at just 21 years old, has plenty of time to work on his technique.    I have no worries about his tackling.

I think Beane may trade up for Stingley or Jameson Williams if he can pull it off (the latter is my preference.) CB @ 25 makes a lot of sense, though. I've been rather hoping for Booth if that's the case. Obviously, I'll root for whoever is the pick. I'm guessing you are Florida fan, so I'll take your word for it. 

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I think Beane may trade up for Stingley or Jameson Williams if he can pull it off (the latter is my preference.) CB @ 25 makes a lot of sense, though. I've been rather hoping for Booth if that's the case. Obviously, I'll root for whoever is the pick. I'm guessing you are Florida fan, so I'll take your word for it. 

My guess on Elam comes mostly from a feeling that (a) McD wants to fix that CB2 roster hole, once and for all, (b) Elam has been the least talked about corner linked to the Bills, which is how Beane operates, and (2) The Bills love their first round picks to be as young as possible (in the 20-21 year old range).   

Not a Florida fan, just reading tea leaves.

My guess on Elam comes mostly from a feeling that (a) McD wants to fix that CB2 roster hole, once and for all, (b) Elam has been the least talked about corner linked to the Bills, which is how Beane operates, and (2) The Bills love their first round picks to be as young as possible (in the 20-21 year old range).   

Not a Florida fan, just reading tea leaves.

Perhaps. Your "once and for all" implicitly recognizes that McD so far has not invested a high pick on cb2. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Perhaps. Your "once and for all" implicitly recognizes that McD so far has not invested a high pick on cb2. 

That  may just be a function of how their draft boards fell, knowing that Beane always remains disciplined in sticking to value over need.   This year, with such a limited number of true round one grade, I can see a CB like Elam being both value and need at #25.

That  may just be a function of how their draft boards fell, knowing that Beane always remains disciplined in sticking to value over need.   This year, with such a limited number of true round one grade, I can see a CB like Elam being both value and need at #25.

Plausible, though unless there are additional medicals on Booth, I think he is the more likely pick if both he and Elam are available.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Plausible, though unless there are additional medicals on Booth, I think he is the more likely pick if both he and Elam are available.

I think the medicals on Booth may be a problem.  I'd be fine with him, if he's the pick.   They brought him to town and I'm sure the medical staff checked him out.   But it seems like an issue that might cause the Bills to look at a cleaner prospect like Elam.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

It is, and that they had a serviceable CB2 in Wallace.  They talked last year about wanting to take a CB early but the value wasn't there.

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trade Up into top 15: WR Jameson Williams

Trade Up 20-24: WR Treylon Burks

Stay At 25: CB Kaiir Elam

Trade Down 26-32: WR George Pickens

If Trade Down into top of 2nd: HB Breece Hall

I could be totally wrong, but I don't see the Bills / Beane trading up for a WR.

In fact, I don't think they take one in the 1st round.     He has something else in mind. 

53 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Is Miami really a concern.  You can have Hill on the team but who is going to throw the ball to him.  Why would Hill be easily traded if he wasn't easily replaceable?

Because money. Hill's speed is deadly. Tua sucks, but he can easily throw short passes. With Waddle and Gesicki drawing attention, Hill will definitely get his chances.

Question: Why are teams worried about Andrew Booth’s medicals but not Derek Stingley’s?  I’m not sure Booth ever missed a game, while Stingley’s missed the better part of two seasons, and the games he has played, he’s been entirely underwhelming…makes no sense.

Every mock I've done vs the algorithm I like my draft more when I take the WR at 25 - then load up at DB later.....or trade up to get Hall in RD2.  

Want Bills to:

Of the realistic WR options at 25 - no trading up - Skyy Moore, Pickens, or Burks.  In that order for me.  

Would be fine if:

Hall or Elam (not worried about tackling)

Expect Bills to draft at 25:

Elam 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.