How will Trump’s tax INCREASE affect you?

15 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Whats not helping is the white house and other Politicians saying/Posting non stop about how great the economy is.

they are only showing how out of touch they are. its just daft.

I really have a hard time figuring these politicians & their voters out i remember back before the Pandemic in 2019 which was a year that i made more money than i ever have in my entire life, while construction was running wild, unemployment was very low amongst all nationalities, & the country was humming along .

I had a friend of mine that was not only working the same job i do but also had a second job making money faster than he could cash the checks but would literally sit & tell me how TERRIBLE the economy was because of his bias & hatred for the then POTUS .

What ever is the exact opposite of what is happening they think is what is good and that just boggles my little p brain I know i'm no Einstein but if it's raining & your outside with out a umbrella your going to get wet but this guy would say not if you run fast enough that is their logic . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m also not a big fan, but yet you’re quite used to paying your current sales tax….no? 

It would be way more if national and on more items. 

If my dividend were not taxed, that might be 😊 

Holy crap, I bet people would switch from growth stocks to more dividends paying ones, right? Just a guess, but why not? 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It would be way more if national and on more items. 

If my dividend were not taxed, that might be 😊 

Holy crap, I bet people would switch from growth stocks to more dividends paying ones, right? Just a guess, but why not? 

Again, I’m not a big fan of a national sales tax but mostly because the advertised price of everything would be a downright confusing mess. Would it impact stock investment? I guess so, but that’s way down on my list of concerns. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

People are going to LOVE paying 30% more for everything.

Why these people continue to vote for millionaires for billionaires is beyond me…

They will brand the 30% the freedom tax and they will love it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

do we have a choice?  Wtf does that mean.  

Huh? No, you don’t have a choice. The point is that sales tax has become built into the American taxation system, and we are all very accustomed to paying it. It is however ‘only’ a small percentage add-on to the price of goods. Adding on 30% for a national income tax will be a much harder adjustment for Americans…which is one of the reasons why I don’t support it. As another example, many countries in Europe don’t tip waiters. The price is just built into the menu. They’re accustomed to that pricing. In all of these examples you pay the same amount in the end. It’s just the system you’re accustomed to. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...