(LAMP) Another reason why GEICO sucks

I had to switch insurance providers due to GEICO's policy of no car modification. I have a perfect driving record, and have gone 11 years without being in an accident. Yet GEICO has labeled me a "street racer" due to my performance upgrades on my car. I spend my off-time working in my garage tuning my import. It's my hobby and everything is 100% NYS legal. Why is GEICO trying to keep the blue smurf down... :(

"were on our way to 100% customer satisfaction....." ::fyou::

I had to switch insurance providers due to GEICO's policy of no car modification.  I have a perfect driving record, and have gone 11 years without being in an accident.  Yet GEICO has labeled me a "street racer" due to my performance upgrades on my car.  I spend my off-time working in my garage tuning my import.  It's my hobby and everything is 100% NYS legal.  Why is GEICO trying to keep the blue smurf down...  :(

331127[/snapback]

20+ years ago I had GEICO and decided to buy a new 280ZX. I called asking how much, got a writtern quote, and 1 month after I got the car they dropped me because they "don't insure sports cars." That was despite their written quote!

To each his own, but I wonder how they stay in business! :lol:

I had to switch insurance providers due to GEICO's policy of no car modification.  I have a perfect driving record, and have gone 11 years without being in an accident.  Yet GEICO has labeled me a "street racer" due to my performance upgrades on my car.  I spend my off-time working in my garage tuning my import.  It's my hobby and everything is 100% NYS legal.  Why is GEICO trying to keep the blue smurf down...  :blink:

331127[/snapback]

Because you are "Too Fast and Too Furious!"

Just go the old man root and soup up that Grand Marquis!

:o:doh:

Good.

I have GEICO and you are clearly a high risk driver that drives up my premiums!  Go away and get another insurer Mr. Lead Foot. :w00t:

331143[/snapback]

That is a double edge sword Scott... What happens if he gets everybody to modify and become street racers? You know, bands the GEICO crowd united in his hobby?

Your premiums will surely go up since there will be less GEICO customers to draw on!

:o:doh::blink:

The policy is discriminating against sport car enthusiasts. The guys restoring muscle cars and rebuilding engines aren't racing on main street. Not to mention most insurance carriers have a racing clause in their policy. I have an import tuner and a 69 firebird that I'm rebuilding from scratch. The reward is taking it to car shows and grabbing the attention of half naked girls. :o GEICO is delusional, if they think I'm racing 16 year olds driving their parents stock neon.

I can add one complaint to the lsit of "Why Geico Sucks"

couple of months ago, i was shopping for car insurance....please keep in mind that I am not the most insurable person, for a number of reasons, all of my own doing(stupid things, no dwi's, vehicular manslaughters etc...) anywho, I go out to the web site fill out the info and get the results back and call a customer service person to finalize everything. So the guy says, "...ok, when we get your $100.00 downpayment we can put the policy in place..." So i go over to wally-world to "western union" the money to geico, and while I am there I call the CSR back to let them know that payment has been recieved and give them the confirmation number. Well lo and behold, they cannot offer insurance to me at this time because of past screw-ups(my word, not thiers). Well I go off on this person asking why they waited until they had my money to decline my app. blah blah blah, long story short, i am able to get my money back within a couple hours so in the end no biggie, but I thought it sucked that they had me expend the energy and time to do this. In the end I found coverage for almost half of what geico was supposedly going to offer me. Poor business practice as far as I can tell.

I had to switch insurance providers due to GEICO's policy of no car modification.  I have a perfect driving record, and have gone 11 years without being in an accident.  Yet GEICO has labeled me a "street racer" due to my performance upgrades on my car.  I spend my off-time working in my garage tuning my import.  It's my hobby and everything is 100% NYS legal.  Why is GEICO trying to keep the blue smurf down...  :unsure:

331127[/snapback]

The policy is discriminating against sport car enthusiasts. The guys restoring muscle cars and rebuilding engines aren't racing on main street.  Not to mention most insurance carriers have a racing clause in their policy.  I have an import tuner and a 69 firebird that I'm rebuilding from scratch.  The reward is taking it to car shows and grabbing the attention of half naked girls.  :unsure:  GEICO is delusional, if they think I'm racing 16 year olds driving their parents stock neon.

331523[/snapback]

The reality is, it's smart business to insure the lowest risk people because it's more profitable to Geico. Unfortunately for the consumer, having Geico insurance is like hanging out with a stripper. The very nanosecond the relationship is no good for them, you're kicked to the side for the next guy willing to give them money for nothing.

That's why I dig my State Farm agent. He was smart enough to know that what started out as a guy with a car eventually turned into a guy with two cars, a wife, a child, a house, and his own business. So when I did get in an accident or get a ticket, while it ultimately raised my rates, I was never cut loose to fend for myself. And he always is on top of ways to save me money.

Boys boys boys.

NJ Manufacturers is the way to go. Where my state has the highest insurance rates, I pay much lower than everyone else.

I'm a 24 year old male, with one ticket, driving a "sports car."

I pay 900 a year fully covered. For Jersey, that's like paying 300 anywhere else.

I'll trust when I say that the irony of you using this trite phrase is not lost on me, I'm not alone in my thinking.

:blink:

331956[/snapback]

You're slipping LA. It took you 16 minutes to come up with that retort... :unsure:

:lol::(