Hershel Walker, A Recovered Wife Beater? And A Deadbeat Dad! The Run Off Edition!!

11 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Driving around yesterday clicking through the Sirius channels - I get a kick out of Megan Kelly...its like she is still  in high school at the cool kids lunch table just Mfing the other kids as they walk by. She had Adam Corrola on and they pretzeled themselves into the notion that its completely reasonable that HW paid for his girl to get an abortion but he can at the same time be completely against it. 

Gotta love the GOP.

It’s called politics. Neither party holds a patent on integrity. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s called politics. Neither party holds a patent on integrity. 

No its different here. The GOP has made a 50 year push to deny women and their doctor the privacy to determine what is best for them.... on the crusade ...of something. And yet behind closed doors they pretty much enjoy the same thing they rail against.

Name something similar that the Dems do..

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TH3 said:

No its different here. The GOP has made a 50 year push to deny women and their doctor the privacy to determine what is best for them.... on the crusade ...of something. And yet behind closed doors they pretty much enjoy the same thing they rail against.

Name something similar that the Dems do..

The GOP has repeatedly stated that the Roe decision was a bad ruling and the Court’s recent opinion simply states that this is a decision that should be made by the legislative branch on a state by state basis. Your fight is not with people who’ll have no standing in the matter. I’d recommend and encourage you to campaign for elected officials in your home statehouse.

As to the Democrats, they campaign on issues that fit their narrative of fighting for the working folk, but repeatedly back  policies that do the bidding of their donors.

It’s the same on both sides……it’s called politics! 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Holy cow, you really think ML was a "willing accomplice"??   Maybe she dressed inappropriately, Tibs, or showed too much skin? 

1955 called and wants its approach to viewing workplace interactions back.  

She wasn't a willing accomplice, Tibs, she was an individual caught up in the very, very dark game of workplace power dynamics on the world's greatest stage.  Whether or not she had a crush on the guy, whether or not she wanted to sleep with the guy, the onus was on him to not be a predator.  He failed in that regard and damn near destroyed her life.  Then he lied about it, exposing a 22 year old female to accusations of lying, manipulation and attempting to bring down a president.  Your heroine Hillary, and your political svengali James Carville were active and willing participants of the attempt to discredit her.  

Your attempt to sweep it all away with the old 'she wanted it' defense is why it happened over, and over and over.  The people involved are why it happened.  

It's like the whole #metoo and "#ibelieveher" movements were just a show for some people.  Come to think of it, we already knew they were a show when you all saddled up for one of the most notorious and admitted gropers in American politics.  

She was in love with him. 

Anyway, you support Walker? You are saying Clinton is bad so give Walker a pass? Huh? 

Not sure what your argument is 

Christian Walker tweeted a request for his father to “wear a condom” after a new report alleged Georgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker had once paid for an abortion with the mother of one of his children.

The Daily Beast reported Wednesday night that the woman who said that Herschel Walker pushed her to get an abortion in 2009 had a child with Walker years later even after Walker told her it was not a “convenient time” for him.

Christian Walker, who has publicly called out his father for the scandal, reacted to the latest news with a four-word tweet: “Wear a condom, damn.”

Who is Christian Walker, Herschel Walker’s son? 

The Daily Beast on Monday first reported the news about Walker allegedly pressuring the woman to get an abortion, presenting a check she said he sent her to pay for the procedure. Walker has denied the reports, and The Hill has not verified the outlet’s reporting.

Christian Walker is the son of Herschel Walker’s ex-wife Cindy DeAngelis Grossman, who has accused her former husband of domestic abuse.

ADVERTISING

After the first Daily Beast article, Christian Walker slammed his father for “cutting corners” and “lies.”

“He has four kids, four different women, he wasn’t in the house raising one of them, he was out having sex with other women. Do you care about family values?” Walker said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3676143-christian-walker-to-his-father-wear-a-condom/

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She was in love with him. 

Anyway, you support Walker? You are saying Clinton is bad so give Walker a pass? Huh? 

Not sure what your argument is 

I was certain you were just messing around on Clinton/Lewinsky, but now it seems clear you've got the classic mindset of a toxic male.  Many victims of this sort of trauma 'love' their victimizer.   It's one of the reasons the actions of the predator work so well.  I'm just surprised to see you defend the guy so passionately. 

Clinton is bad, that's completely irrelevant to allegations against HW.  What is relevant is that people like you are happy to look the other way and use the 'she wanted it' defense when it suits you, and pretend to be offended when it's someone else.  

I couldn't support Herschel Walker if I wanted to, I don't live in Georgia.  If I did, I would weigh out my options, consider the relative credibility of allegations, factor in the October surprise element, and my personal viewpoint on the most important issues in the race. 

When all was said and done, I would also factor in the very mindset that you shared here:  The standards I might apply when considering to do business with an attorney, accountant, or plumbers cannot be applied to politics.  As I hold my nose and look away, folks like you will flock in large numbers to vote for people with serious ethical and moral issues, all as they pretend to champion rights these their candidate(s) tend to trample all over.   

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was certain you were just messing around on Clinton/Lewinsky, but now it seems clear you've got the classic mindset of a toxic male.  Many victims of this sort of trauma 'love' their victimizer.   It's one of the reasons the actions of the predator work so well.  I'm just surprised to see you defend the guy so passionately. 

Clinton is bad, that's completely irrelevant to allegations against HW.  What is relevant is that people like you are happy to look the other way and use the 'she wanted it' defense when it suits you, and pretend to be offended when it's someone else.  

I couldn't support Herschel Walker if I wanted to, I don't live in Georgia.  If I did, I would weigh out my options, consider the relative credibility of allegations, factor in the October surprise element, and my personal viewpoint on the most important issues in the race. 

When all was said and done, I would also factor in the very mindset that you shared here:  The standards I might apply when considering to do business with an attorney, accountant, or plumbers cannot be applied to politics.  As I hold my nose and look away, folks like you will flock in large numbers to vote for people with serious ethical and moral issues, all as they pretend to champion rights these their candidate(s) tend to trample all over.   

So you might vote for the wife beating, multiple child with different women having, abortion paying for, pro-life guy? 

Ok 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The GOP has repeatedly stated that the Roe decision was a bad ruling and the Court’s recent opinion simply states that this is a decision that should be made by the legislative branch on a state by state basis. Your fight is not with people who’ll have no standing in the matter. I’d recommend and encourage you to campaign for elected officials in your home statehouse.

As to the Democrats, they campaign on issues that fit their narrative of fighting for the working folk, but repeatedly back  policies that do the bidding of their donors.

It’s the same on both sides……it’s called politics! 

You failed to name a comparable issue where Dems show the same hypocrisy

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you might vote for the wife beating, multiple child with different women having, abortion paying for, pro-life guy? 

Ok 

He can ...becaue in spite of all those transgressions....he is against them!

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ok 

• The accusations of him beating his wife are just that, accusations,  in a hotly contested political race.  I take nothing at face value where politics are concerned.  If he had a conviction on his record for domestic assault, I would consider the facts and make a decision from there, though in your scenario, I cannot imagine voting for a convicted 'wife beater'.  Then again, that's not the scenario here, is it?
  • Lots of people have different children with different partners.  It's already a thing.  That would not stop me from voting for that person;
  • Abortion is a divisive subject, and this is the sort of October surprise element I was speaking about.  I support a woman's right to choose within reasonable standards for many reasons, not the least  of which is I have no idea what I might have done/supported when I was much younger and had there been an unwanted pregnancy.  At the same time, I think the approach to abortion by some pro-choice advocates borders on the grotesque and obscene.   So, a pro-life candidate having supported an abortion at some point in the past would not preclude me from voting for a candidate. 

I do believe however, that if a candidate supported the causes important to you, you abandon all pretext of defending and supporting victims and vote party line. 

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:
  • The accusations of him beating his wife are just that, accusations,  in a hotly contested political race.  I take nothing at face value where politics are concerned.  If he had a conviction on his record for domestic assault, I would consider the facts and make a decision from there, though in your scenario, I cannot imagine voting for a convicted 'wife beater'.  Then again, that's not the scenario here, is it?
  • Lots of people have different children with different partners.  It's already a thing.  That would not stop me from voting for that person;
  • Abortion is a divisive subject, and this is the sort of October surprise element I was speaking about.  I support a woman's right to choose within reasonable standards for many reasons, not the least  of which is I have no idea what I might have done/supported when I was much younger and had there been an unwanted pregnancy.  At the same time, I think the approach to abortion by some pro-choice advocates borders on the grotesque and obscene.   So, a pro-life candidate having supported an abortion at some point in the past would not preclude me from voting for a candidate. 

I do believe however, that if a candidate supported the causes important to you, you abandon all pretext of defending and supporting victims and vote party line. 

He admitted to domestic abuse and said he has gotten better. I'd personally NEVER vote for a wife beater 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He admitted to domestic abuse and said he has gotten better. I'd personally NEVER vote for a wife beater 

Ah, you have special rules when it comes to “admission”, that’s what I was referencing earlier. 

Biden admitted inappropriately touching multiple women (often called “groping”) and you love the guy.  Same with Clinton’s, both of them. 

HW did not acknowledge being a “wife beater” as you have claimed, acknowledged anger issues and poor behavior and suggested he never broke a law.   

Besides, I never voted for him.  Now, let’s see how Tibsy cares:

Did you vote for WClinton, assuming you were able?

Did you vote for HClinton, she of “bimbo eruption”, perpetual enablement and victim blaming fame?

Did you vote for Joe Biden, acknowledged groper, perpetual plagiarizer and candidate with a history or making racially insensitive comments? 

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, you have special rules when it comes to “admission”, that’s what I was referencing earlier. 

Biden admitted inappropriately touching multiple women (often called “groping”) and you love the guy.  Same with Clinton’s, both of them. 

HW did not acknowledge being a “wife beater” as you have claimed, acknowledged anger issues and poor behavior and suggested he never broke a law.   

Besides, I never voted for him.  Now, let’s see how Tibsy cares:

Did you vote for WClinton, assuming you were able?

Did you vote for HClinton, she of “bimbo eruption”, perpetual enablement and victim blaming fame?

Did you vote for Joe Biden, acknowledged groper, perpetual plagiarizer and candidate with a history or making racially insensitive comments? 

So you would vote for a wife beater. Ok 

Let me guess, Hunter Biden's laptop beat up it's wife? 

The GOP playbook. 
Oh I did some bad stuff.  Actually horrible. 

But i am a man of Jesus and everyone is a sinner and now I am a much better human. 

Unless I ***** up again, cause we are all humans and sinners. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Talk about using his name in vain. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you would vote for a wife beater. Ok 

Let me guess, Hunter Biden's laptop beat up it's wife? 

Let me guess...you would rather I continue to point out your obvious, sustained hypocrisy than face the indignation of being unable to answer the simple questions I posed? 

What's so hard about all this for you?   These are painfully simple subjects.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

You failed to name a comparable issue where Dems show the same hypocrisy

He can ...becaue in spite of all those transgressions....he is against them!

How about this one? Bush flies over a hurricane site and they label him a racist. Biden does it and say “golly gee you can really see the extent of the devastation better from the air”.  And that’s just one off the top of my head. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Let me guess...you would rather I continue to point out your obvious, sustained hypocrisy than face the indignation of being unable to answer the simple questions I posed? 

What's so hard about all this for you?   These are painfully simple subjects.  

So you're saying you would vote for a wife beater.