Hershel Walker, A Recovered Wife Beater? And A Deadbeat Dad! The Run Off Edition!!

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can't lose here. If Hershel wins this will be the biggest drag on GOP since Trump lost them the House, Senate and WH. 🤣

This is great 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/texts-show-family-strife-herschel-walkers-wife-woman-alleged-paid-abor-rcna51279

What a mess!! @Irv

At least he won't be President...

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, we got us a good one already! 

Morning Doc, hope all is well with you. 

Good morning Tibs.  It is and likewise.

As for Joke, to reiterate, people voted for a corrupt, incompetent and senile man just to get a Dem in office.  Again, at least Herschel won't be President.

People should pay attention to what Herschel Walker saying. It's kind of a run of the mill scandal - John Edwards + abortion politics.

But what are we to make of this response in a friendly interview by Republican hack Hugh Hewitt:

And although he has campaigned in support of a national abortion ban at 15 weeks of pregnancy, Walker suggested to Hewitt that there would have been no shame in having undergone the procedure.

“I hate to say I’ve been born again, but I have a new life. And I’ve been moving forward, and had that happened, I would have said it, because it’s nothing to be ashamed of there,” Walker said.

This reveals a great truth. The anti-abortion stand has always been that it's taking an innocent human life, or at least a potential life, such that it's akin to murder. Who would say there's nothing to be ashamed of in having aided and abetted a murder? No one. But Walker has no problem with the "hey, it's legal, nothing to be ashamed of there" response. So maybe it's not akin to murder. Maybe it's something else entirely. Maybe this "abortion is taking an innocent human life" is something people instinctively say without really thinking it through. I suspect that deep down everyone (everyone but the Pope?) thinks this way. Hence JD Vance, running for the Senate, also saying that he would allow abortion if the pregnant child is 10 years old. Or maybe 11. Or maybe 12. Or maybe ... 17? Or maybe if the pregnancy is the product of forcible rape? Or unforced ***** [that one got censored - it's the word that means relations with close kin] (because of eugenic reasons? I never got that one). Hey, if it's murder, it's murder. This is a profoundly inconsistent position, and no one is really calling these would-be Senators on it.

Edited by The Frankish Reich