The Athletic - Bills and Sabres News - Subscription Help

ndirish1978

Mods, feel free to move this if you want, I just figured I'd try and help board members save some money as I know a lot pay for a subscription to the Athletic. The website just increased prices to $72/yr. But, if you click on cancel you will be offered a promo to only pay $22 for the year. I am posting this now since I just went to cancel my sub and figured this out, thought I would pass it on. Hope it helps some of you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Mods, feel free to move this if you want, I just figured I'd try and help board members save some money as I know a lot pay for a subscription to the Athletic. The website just increased prices to $72/yr. But, if you click on cancel you will be offered a promo to only pay $22 for the year. I am posting this now since I just went to cancel my sub and figured this out, thought I would pass it on. Hope it helps some of you. 

Outrageous subscription costs are killing this country. $22 is an awful lot of money

• Haha (+1) 1

Beats the Buffalo News where I signed up for their $1/6 months offer and got charged $89 on my credit card! Still fighting with their useless Customer Service Dept. to get it resolved. They "fixed" it by then hitting me with another $22 charge. Hope the Bills don't outsource the billing of PSL payments to these guys.

30 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Beats the Buffalo News where I signed up for their $1/6 months offer and got charged $89 on my credit card! Still fighting with their useless Customer Service Dept. to get it resolved. They "fixed" it by then hitting me with another $22 charge. Hope the Bills don't outsource the billing of PSL payments to these guys.

Damn, that sucks.

Not sure I’d say the athletic beats them, though.

I had a billing issue with the athletic and could not for the life of me talk to a live person. The closest they have is a bot that answers all their emails. I could not find any way to talk to an actual person and eventually just gave up.

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, LittleSammy said:

Sammy:

This is Josh, the executive sports editor of The Buffalo News. Sorry to hear you had trouble with your sub. 

Message me the name your account is under, address and phone number and I'll talk to customer service team Monday when I'm in the office and we'll get this resolved. 

Thanks for reading.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Outrageous subscription costs are killing this country. $22 is an awful lot of money

As you are threatening to cancel/move your subscription business to the New York Times, ask Hochul for  $14, the NFL for $3.50, your season ticket holders for the other $4.50.

Boom--easy!!

I just subscribed to the Athletic for $1 a month for six months. In six months, I'll cancel and wait for another $1 a month deal. That's what I did with the horribly overpriced Wall Street Journal. I'm on a $1 a week deal. In another five months I'll cancel and wait for another please-come-back deal. That said, I still subscribe to the NY Times for full price. Same with the Washington Post. They are worth it. 

9 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I'll send your feedback to Tim Cook.  I'm sure he won't be as butt hurt as you.

And what does Tim Cook have to do with literacy? He has nothing to do with the Washington Post and its "Pinocchio" metric for lies. Or perhaps you don't have a clue.

6 minutes ago, notwoz said:

And what does Tim Cook have to do with literacy? He has nothing to do with the Washington Post and its "Pinocchio" metric for lies. Or perhaps you don't have a clue.

I see that went completely over your head.  Not surprising for humorless, hyper-sensitive, whiny lefties.  Better get back to your safe space.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Then why don't you explain it to me. That is if you can do so without making any grammatical mistakes that expose your f+++ing ignorance.

I’d explain it to you but if you can’t understand that simple reference then if your political leaning didn’t expose your utter stupidity, then this certainly did.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.