Roxy Music 2022 Tour

T&C

Roxy Music 2022 Tour
Sep 07: Toronto Scotiabank Arena, ON
Sep 09: Washington Capital One Arena, D.C.
Sep 12: New York City Madison Square Garden, NY
Sep 15: Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center, PA
Sep 17: Boston TD Garden, MA
Sep 19: Chicago United Center, IL
Sep 21: Austin Moody Center, TX
Sep 23: Dallas American Airlines Center, TX
Sep 26: San Francisco Chase Center, CA
Sep 28: Los Angeles The Forum, CA
Oct 10: Glasgow OVO Hydro, UK
Oct 12: Manchester AO Arena, UK
Oct 14: London The O2, UK

Wow, I wish I lived even remotely near to any of these venues. Full Article here:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/roxy-music-reunite-for-first-tour-in-11-years?fbclid=IwAR0oN009ks_gnviBSEgYQD7MwqnLyWRQnMWFCWgXpNZFQznVtAkrhXz3dcU

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

It continues to blow me away how all of these washed up has-been bands are booking 20K seat arenas. I don't begrudge them.  The demand is apparently there.  But my GOD, it's insane.

Macca filling baseball stadiums at 80 is the most amazing of all.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Macca filling baseball stadiums at 80 is the most amazing of all.

I actually agree that McCartney doing stadium tours at his age is pretty amazing ... and also that that many people still want to see him. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I actually agree that McCartney doing stadium tours at his age is pretty amazing ... and also that that many people still want to see him. 

Yeah, Camden Yards here sold out fast. 

On topic, I saw Roxy on the Avalon tour, by far the best, clearest sound of any show I’ve been to. If nothing else, they should sound great.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rico said:

Yeah, Camden Yards here sold out fast. 

On topic, I saw Roxy on the Avalon tour, by far the best, clearest sound of any show I’ve been to. If nothing else, they should sound great.

Yeah, my knock is totally not on Roxy Music.  It's just the current landscape of live performances.

There's a f*cking Dead COVER BAND (Joe Russo's Almost Dead) playing in Saratoga (SPAC).  With the lawn, that place can get close to 30K people.  

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

@Gugny Like PSLs... Just shows you the stupid stuff people throw their money at!

Lol... going to a Roxy Music concert with 4 of the original members is throwing money away?!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, my knock is totally not on Roxy Music.  It's just the current landscape of live performances.

There's a f*cking Dead COVER BAND (Joe Russo's Almost Dead) playing in Saratoga (SPAC).  With the lawn, that place can get close to 30K people.  

I guess they are basing things on a lot of people wanting to get out & do things after the pandemic. Me, as soon as I see the prices, I walk away.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I guess they are basing things on a lot of people wanting to get out & do things after the pandemic. Me, as soon as I see the prices, I walk away.

Yeah, the prices are insane.  And there's no way in hell I'm going to any stadium show.  I work too hard for my money to spend it on an overpriced ticket to sit with 50,000 people to watch a band on a jumbotron.  

Even arena tours are pricing me out.

10 hours ago, T&C said:

Roxy Music 2022 Tour
Sep 07: Toronto Scotiabank Arena, ON
Sep 09: Washington Capital One Arena, D.C.
Sep 12: New York City Madison Square Garden, NY
Sep 15: Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center, PA
Sep 17: Boston TD Garden, MA
Sep 19: Chicago United Center, IL
Sep 21: Austin Moody Center, TX
Sep 23: Dallas American Airlines Center, TX
Sep 26: San Francisco Chase Center, CA
Sep 28: Los Angeles The Forum, CA
Oct 10: Glasgow OVO Hydro, UK
Oct 12: Manchester AO Arena, UK
Oct 14: London The O2, UK

Wow, I wish I lived even remotely near to any of these venues. Full Article here:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/roxy-music-reunite-for-first-tour-in-11-years?fbclid=IwAR0oN009ks_gnviBSEgYQD7MwqnLyWRQnMWFCWgXpNZFQznVtAkrhXz3dcU

I saw that. I've seen RM on their last tour (excellent) as well as the last Bryan Ferry solo tour (Very good but the voice is slipping.) Debating whether to go to this.

Like I said, none of these are even close to me but if they were I'd drop $200 or whatever to see them. Have never seen Roxy Music. No one is expecting this:

But I watched some video's from 2019 and it sounded good here. It won't be too long in the future that we don't have any of the bands/artists some of us grew up with. Tull, Stones, Paul & Ringo, NY, Who, Hot Tuna, etc. I see Genesis just called it quits although they have completely sucked since Wind and Wuthering imo, and Yes is splintered into two groups. 

Anyways, if they can still play I take it when I can... you guys who can attend any of these I am envious of, in a good way.

I love all of Roxy but have a lot of love for this one (if you have ad blocker pro, a free app, on it will just play all the way through):

21 minutes ago, T&C said:

Like I said, none of these are even close to me but if they were I'd drop $200 or whatever to see them. Have never seen Roxy Music. No one is expecting this:

But I watched some video's from 2019 and it sounded good here. It won't be too long in the future that we don't have any of the bands/artists some of us grew up with. Tull, Stones, Paul & Ringo, NY, Who, Hot Tuna, etc. I see Genesis just called it quits although they have completely sucked since Wind and Wuthering imo, and Yes is splintered into two groups. 

Anyways, if they can still play I take it when I can... you guys who can attend any of these I am envious of, in a good way.

I love all of Roxy but have a lot of love for this one (if you have ad blocker pro, a free app, on it will just play all the way through):

Well, I see tickets start at ‘only’ $49 for DC, so that’s promising. If I had never seen them, I might check it out. Guess I need to see the playlist first, if they do Sentimental Fool, I may have to go.

They never made a bad album which is incredibly rare in music, but Manifesto is the one I play the least, title track is my fav. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Well, I see tickets start at ‘only’ $49 for DC, so that’s promising. If I had never seen them, I might check it out. Guess I need to see the playlist first, if they do Sentimental Fool, I may have to go.

They never made a bad album which is incredibly rare in music, but Manifesto is the one I play the least, title track is my fav. 

I had to go out of town to work and forgot my cassette case so all I had in the truck was Manifesto, 10cc Bloody Tourists, and one other, I forget. It has its moments, especially side 1, but that is why I'm fond of it. Miss the supertuner too lol, that was a monster back then.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, T&C said:

I had to go out of town to work and forgot my cassette case so all I had in the truck was Manifesto, 10cc Bloody Tourists, and one other, I forget. It has its moments, especially side 1, but that is why I'm fond of it. Miss the supertuner too lol, that was a monster back then.

This reminds me of the time me & a friend drove down from Purdue to Indy to look at a car. He was driving and all he had was J Geils Flamethrower cassette single, played that song over and over and over there & back, thought it was so funny. I really hate Freeze Frame.:thumbdown:

11 hours ago, Rico said:

For me it’s not the price. It’s the venue.  2k theaters are as big as I’ll go.  And pretty much front row or nothing. I started that nearly 10 years ago and I’m hooked.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

For me it’s not the price. It’s the venue.  2k theaters are as big as I’ll go.  And pretty much front row or nothing. I started that nearly 10 years ago and I’m hooked.  

Who have you watched/listened to at a 2k theater in the last 10 years? 

Edited by T&C

10 hours ago, T&C said:

Who have you watched/listened to at a 2k theater in the last 10 years? 

Umphrey’s McGee 10-15 times. 
Govt Mule maybe 5 times

Widespread Panic maybe 6 times. 
Yonder Mountain String Band maybe 4 times 

Allman Brothers once 

STS9 twice 

String Cheese Incident twice

Moe at least 5 times. 

Off the top of my head.  When I moved to the Bay Area I fell in love with the Fox Theater in Oakland. 

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

This is what I prefer (not the rail, necessarily; but the venue size).  I am tired of watching concerts on screens.  And paying over $100 to do that is no longer something I'm interested in doing.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is what I prefer (not the rail, necessarily; but the venue size).  I am tired of watching concerts on screens.  And paying over $100 to do that is no longer something I'm interested in doing.

Yup!  $35 for up close and personal.  I don't understand the whole stadium thing. Sure that was fun during the Summerfest days at the stadium but I was 16 or 17.  Now?  No thanks.  

It used to be difficult because I'd often wait in line for 3 hours to get on the rail.  Then I saw people with folding chairs in line.  I asked what they did with the chairs when the doors opened. They said they'd put them in their car right before the doors.  Well that didn't always work because I lived nearby and would often Uber to the shows.  So the last couple shows I'd get in the VIP room.  Sure it was an additional $50 but you'd get in before anyone else, appetizers, private bar and restrooms so it was wall worth it.  Hell not having to stand an additional 3 hours was worth the extra $$  LOL 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yup!  $35 for up close and personal.  I don't understand the whole stadium thing. Sure that was fun during the Summerfest days at the stadium but I was 16 or 17.  Now?  No thanks.  

It used to be difficult because I'd often wait in line for 3 hours to get on the rail.  Then I saw people with folding chairs in line.  I asked what they did with the chairs when the doors opened. They said they'd put them in their car right before the doors.  Well that didn't always work because I lived nearby and would often Uber to the shows.  So the last couple shows I'd get in the VIP room.  Sure it was an additional $50 but you'd get in before anyone else, appetizers, private bar and restrooms so it was wall worth it.  Hell not having to stand an additional 3 hours was worth the extra $$  LOL 

We're going to see Joan Jett (who will be part of a Stadium Tour with Def Leppard and other bands) at the Albany Palace Theater.  Seats about 2,800.  We've got orchestra seats, center stage and I paid $200 total after fees for two tickets.  WELL WORTH it to me.  

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We're going to see Joan Jett (who will be part of a Stadium Tour with Def Leppard and other bands) at the Albany Palace Theater.  Seats about 2,800.  We've got orchestra seats, center stage and I paid $200 total after fees for two tickets.  WELL WORTH it to me.  

I know you’ve seen my show pics on FB but I love this ***** 

0D5C8EFF-2368-4BFA-B6BC-83A3806DF43C.jpeg

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I am surprised Joan Jett and especially Def Leppard would play in such a small venue. Def Leppard was very big in the 80's and I would imagine they would have no trouble filling an arena/stadium today especially with other bands.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am surprised Joan Jett and especially Def Leppard would play in such a small venue. Def Leppard was very big in the 80's and I would imagine they would have no trouble filling an arena/stadium today especially with other bands.

The small venue is just Joan Jett.  The Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, Joan Jett tour is a stadium tour.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Maybe.  They are almost 80. 

Don't get me wrong... Love their music... But not enough to pad their retirements...

Bupkis.   Real musicians, regardless of age, can run rings around many, many of today's 'artists.'

Took my son to see King Crimson last summer and it was one of the best concerts we've ever attended.    

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Bupkis.   Real musicians, regardless of age, can run rings around many, many of today's 'artists.'

Took my son to see King Crimson last summer and it was one of the best concerts we've ever attended.    

Oh yeah let me add King Crimson to my list. The show was awesome bet never sat amongst a more pretentious crowd.  Holy *****.  🙄

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Ever see Steely Dan?

Nope. However I can’t imagine they’d be any more pretentious than a KC crowd.  Seriously I wanted to leave before it started.  I think I whistled and I got a look (with pinky extended) of “we do NOT whistle at King Crimson concert!” 

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. However I can’t imagine they’d be any more pretentious than a KC crowd.  Seriously I wanted to leave before it started.  I think I whistled and I got a look (with pinky extended) of “we do NOT whistle at King Crimson concert!” 

:lol: Only time I saw them was a few years ago, I didn’t get any of that but I do know Fripp will walk out if he sees a camera, wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t like whistlers either.

Saw Roxy Music once in 1980 in the"Kuppelsaal" in Hannover, which is normally a classical music venue (with chandeliers). Warm-up act was Wire, a pretty stark contrast to Roxy Music. Still, probably the third-best convert I ever attended (nobody beats Zappa at 1 and 2).

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Rico said:

:lol: Only time I saw them was a few years ago, I didn’t get any of that but I do know Fripp will walk out if he sees a camera, wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t like whistlers either.

I don’t understand that *****. I was up front at a Widespread panic show.  I take tons of pics. I scroll through them to edit or delete while I groove to the music. I look up from my phone and David Schools mouths “get off your phone” I hold up my phone and show the picture I just took of him. He laughs and nods “ok, you’re cool.”

I think this was the show. 

3DFB1964-B1D7-4F60-B432-318BA85C6FBA.thumb.jpeg.beb29806acf7dddd77d6fce86262308d.jpeg

Edited by Chef Jim

15 minutes ago, DrW said:

Saw Roxy Music once in 1980 in the"Kuppelsaal" in Hannover, which is normally a classical music venue (with chandeliers). Warm-up act was Wire, a pretty stark contrast to Roxy Music. Still, probably the third-best convert I ever attended (nobody beats Zappa at 1 and 2).

I’m jealous you got Wire. When I saw them in 1983 at the old Cleveland Coluseum (road trip!), the opener was Huey Lewis and the News. :sick:  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don’t understand that *****. I was up front at a Widespread panic show.  I take tons of pics. I scroll through them to edit or delete while I groove to the music. I look up from my phone and David Schools mouths “get off your phone” I hold up my phone and show the picture I just took of him. He laughs and nods “ok, you’re cool.”

I think this was the show. 

3DFB1964-B1D7-4F60-B432-318BA85C6FBA.thumb.jpeg.beb29806acf7dddd77d6fce86262308d.jpeg

Great pic!

Fripp will be Fripp. Chrissie Hynde was like that too a couple years ago, she didn’t walk out but she badly cussed out someone who dared to hold a cellphone up.

And I much prefer the smaller venues too but I’d rather be in front of the mix board. 

Edited by Rico

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Great pic!

Fripp will be Fripp. Chrissie Hynde was like that too, she didn’t walk out but she badly cussed out someone who dared to hold a cellphone up.

And I much prefer the smaller venues too but I’d rather be in front of the mix board. 

I have the Nugs.net app. It will have the recordings off all the shows I go to live from the soundboard the next morning. My favorite thing to do is to take a pic of the photogs taking pics. 

3D4B1597-84CB-4475-819B-F12A888506A5.thumb.jpeg.132eb3f85ba0eab3974636f45890bbbc.jpeg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.