Jarvis Landry just released - Rapaport: Names Bills and Chiefs as possible landing spot

Alphadawg7

Just now, buffblue said:

And yet in his career he has averaged over 12 yards per catch only once. In fact, Landry set the NFL record in 2017 for lowest yards per reception for a receiver with 100 catches (8.8).

If his YAC is still considered acceptable, he must be running an awful lot of 2 yard routes. He has minimal speed and I have literally never seen this guy make a big play downfield. Is this what we really need instead of investing in a youngster like Jameson Williams in the draft?

I'm not saying they can't find better whether it be the draft of F/A. I'm simply saying he isn't a terrible WR like you were making him out to be. No idea what Bills decide to do, but if they did happen to somehow sign him I wouldn't hate it 

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'm not saying they can't find better whether it be the draft of F/A. I'm simply saying he isn't a terrible WR like you were making him out to be. No idea what Bills decide to do, but if they did happen to somehow sign him I wouldn't hate it 

I kind of view him as comparable to Beasley, honestly. But Beasley is a little quicker (when not hampered by injury). So I guess if I had to choose between the two I'd rather stick with Beasley given he knows the offense and already has familiarity with Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

The Bills offense needs more explosiveness. Landry might be an effective security blanket, but Allen already possesses options like that in Diggs, Knox, etc.

We really need someone who can blow the top off of defenses instead of a marginal veteran with little gamebreaking ability. Williams or Chris Olave at 25 is our best option imo

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I kind of view him as comparable to Beasley, honestly. But Beasley is a little quicker (when not hampered by injury). So I guess if I had to choose between the two I'd rather stick with Beasley given he knows the offense and already has familiarity with Josh Allen.

I think Landry may be  better at blocking, but yeah I agree, if could choose I'd pick the one that's familiar with everything

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Bills offense needs more explosiveness. Landry might be an effective security blanket, but Allen already possesses options like that in Diggs, Knox, etc.

We really need someone who can blow the top off of defenses instead of a marginal veteran with little gamebreaking ability. Williams or Chris Olave at 25 is our best option imo

Agree, no argument from me there

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I think Landry may be  better at blocking, but yeah I agree, if could choose I'd pick the one that's familiar with everything

For sure, but I'm never going to sign a receiver primarily for their blocking ability. I'd go with the better receiver 10 out of 10 times.

If you need better blocking, put another TE on the field.

Just now, MJS said:

For sure, but I'm never going to sign a receiver primarily for their blocking ability. I'd go with the better receiver 10 out of 10 times.

If you need better blocking, put another TE on the field.

Well yeah, I wasn't implying I would.  I agreed with you that if choosing I go Bease lol

10 hours ago, gobills404 said:

https://upsidefantasy.shinyapps.io/stats/

Landry - 5.5 YAC per reception

McKenzie - 4.9 YAC per reception

Better athlete doesn’t equal better YAC

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jarvis-landry/

Jarvis Landry is 83rd in yards per reception and 90th in yards per attempt. 

In 2017 he had 112 receptions and didn’t even get 1000 yards

McKenzie is electric with the ball in his hands.  He took over the Pats game, and was uncoverable.   On Jet Sweeps he’s a gazelle.  And he’s taken returns to the house.

isaiahs arrow is pointed up.  I don’t think Landrys is

jarvis is a good blocker

• Like (+1) 1

i think we need to get faster, both on O and D, not sure getting landry does that for us.

i think mcK does that tho.  he's faster than his 40 time.  i think we need one more fast guy on O, and a solid pass rusher, and we are as close to golden as we can be.

i really think kromer and the new OC, along w year over year improvements on the OL are gonna mix in a running element that was not as consistent as it needed to be, and instead of needing JA17 to be super man, we are gonna lower the level of difficulty for him and the super man stuff will be the icing on top.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jarvis-landry/

Jarvis Landry is 83rd in yards per reception and 90th in yards per attempt. 

In 2017 he had 112 receptions and didn’t even get 1000 yards

McKenzie is electric with the ball in his hands.  He took over the Pats game, and was uncoverable.   On Jet Sweeps he’s a gazelle.  And he’s taken returns to the house.

isaiahs arrow is pointed up.  I don’t think Landrys is

jarvis is a good blocker

Nice job moving the goal posts after getting called out for making stuff up 👍

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

Nice job moving the goal posts after getting called out for making stuff up 👍

How is “112 catches and not 1000 yards” moving the goalposts?  Lol

were they all screens?  Lol

I will take Isaiah all day over Landry, thank you

if Bills are looking at Landry, it’s because they lost out on Evan imo

1 minute ago, Pete said:

How is “112 catches and not 1000 yards” moving the goalposts?  Lol

were they all screens?  Lol

A lot of them were.   If you recall that was the Adam Gase offense with Smoking Jay Cutler and Matt Moore as his Quarterbacks, so you do have to give the stats some context.     Landry is a good football player, but I dont disagree that he is probably on the downside of his career.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.