Jarvis Landry just released - Rapaport: Names Bills and Chiefs as possible landing spot

Alphadawg7

I would boo him every time he touched the ball. Literally F him. He is responsible for ending Aaron Williams with a blatant cheap shot. We didn't forget.  Beane better not pull the trigger on this one.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Man, it's amazing how the Bills continue to upgrade.   I mean, I know there's no news yet, and it's only rumors, but Landry is a better possession receiver than Beasley.   Landry is the guy the QB goes to when he absolutely needs a completion.   He gets open, he's tough, and as we all know, he loves to block.   Better blocker than Beasley, too.  

Allen would love to see Landry in the receiver room.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I would boo him every time he touched the ball. Literally F him. He is responsible for ending Aaron Williams with a blatant cheap shot.

I never could get too excited about the Williams hit.   I kept watching the replays, trying to see it as a cheap shot, and I look again just now, and mostly I think that Williams simply wasn't paying attention.   Everyone knew, long before that play, that it is important to know where Landry is, because if you ignore him, he's going to make a play.  

On the same play, I don't think Poyer or Hyde would have been hit the same way.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I never could get too excited about the Williams hit.   I kept watching the replays, trying to see it as a cheap shot, and I look again just now, and mostly I think that Williams simply wasn't paying attention.   Everyone knew, long before that play, that it is important to know where Landry is, because if you ignore him, he's going to make a play.  

Always appreciate your posts, but have to differ with you on this one...

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The NFL could have used that as a training video for what constitutes a penalty for a crack back block against a defenseless player  The NY Post and just about anyone else watching that play disagrees wtih you.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/31/this-jarvis-landry-cheap-shot-ended-an-nfl-career/

“Jarvis Landry was called for a personal foul for a hit on a defenseless player,” Mike Pereira, former NFL head of officiating, said on FOX, where he now is the rules analyst. “It was a crack-back block, and the player that is being blocked in a crack-back block is defenseless, so you can’t hit him in the head or neck area with a shoulder, helmet or forearm. This is clearly a foul and it was called.”

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Adds a physical dimension we need.  I would love it.

Well, while I wouldn't mind it, I will say if they are going for a WR I'd rather A. Robinson if at all possible. 

Whatever the case, I'd be interested to see what Landry could do with Allen at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.