Jarvis Landry just released - Rapaport: Names Bills and Chiefs as possible landing spot

Alphadawg7

32 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Another Headache inducing WR that brings more antics and childlike behavior than his abilities, execution and stats are worth.

the dude was a major piece to changing browns culture. have never ever heard any diva behavior out of him, one of the best blocking wr's in the game.... what youre saying is completely unfounded

as my stomach turns. Ima just gonna hush my beak and let this all play out.  Just WIN baby TCK Yeah well Im not used to rooting for scumbags welcome to buffalo jarvis landry......allegedly* ...............dude is Dirty.

blech @-@

Edited by muppy

In all fairness, if he wasn't a complete piece of ***** and could fit within the cap plus Chandler Jones, he'd be a great addition and probably thrive with Josh.

However, he is a complete piece of ***** and hope it burns when he pees

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

the dude was a major piece to changing browns culture. have never ever heard any diva behavior out of him, one of the best blocking wr's in the game.... what youre saying is completely unfounded

There was no changing of the culture started by J. Landry.  Reason Stefanski won Coach of Year.

Hes a angry player who plays ****ed off at the world.  And that leads his emotions being completely unchecked during games.

You watch enough Browns games…he can’t catch a simple pass without him jawing with his opponent.

Shoot…look at Bills v. Browns in 2019

Landry catches a TD pass and he taunted Levi Wallace…after the game when asked,

‘Was there anything Landry could have done to avoid the flag he drew for talking in the face of Bills cornerback Levi Wallace after beating him for a 17-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter?

“I’d do the exact same thing,” Landry said. “Absolutely.”

Good Job Jarvis.

He can’t contain his emotions and he’s not overall that special.

But maybe he’s ready to grow up.  Who knows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The NFL could have used that as a training video for what constitutes a penalty for a crack back block against a defenseless player  The NY Post and just about anyone else watching that play disagrees wtih you.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/31/this-jarvis-landry-cheap-shot-ended-an-nfl-career/

“Jarvis Landry was called for a personal foul for a hit on a defenseless player,” Mike Pereira, former NFL head of officiating, said on FOX, where he now is the rules analyst. “It was a crack-back block, and the player that is being blocked in a crack-back block is defenseless, so you can’t hit him in the head or neck area with a shoulder, helmet or forearm. This is clearly a foul and it was called.”

Thanks for this and thanks to BillsFan59 too.  

As I said, I never got too excited about it.  It may have fit the definition of a crack-back block, but I still think in terms of what football players know, it was primarily on Williams.  He was moving toward the line of scrimmage and Landry was going downfield, albeit at an angle.  

Remember that penalty on the Bills' lineman that cost the Bills a big Allen run in the Houston playoff game?   That call was technically correct too, but the guy who got blocked had every reason to see it coming.  

Both rules are player-protection rules, and I get that.  I just think Landry thought he was within the rule and had a good clean shot.  

And, I think Landry, who was notoriously on the edge early in his career, has had very little trouble like this in Cleveland.

I'd be happy to have him.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks for this and thanks to BillsFan59 too.  

As I said, I never got too excited about it.  It may have fit the definition of a crack-back block, but I still think in terms of what football players know, it was primarily on Williams.  He was moving toward the line of scrimmage and Landry was going downfield, albeit at an angle.  

Remember that penalty on the Bills' lineman that cost the Bills a big Allen run in the Houston playoff game?   That call was technically correct too, but the guy who got blocked had every reason to see it coming.  

Both rules are player-protection rules, and I get that.  I just think Landry thought he was within the rule and had a good clean shot.  

And, I think Landry, who was notoriously on the edge early in his career, has had very little trouble like this in Cleveland.

I'd be happy to have him.  

I agree with this. Theres a bit of a jump on that block i dont love, but in a split decision moment, I really dont believe it was malicious more than, taking him out of the play.  I think it was Diggs who said "id rather have a guy I have to calm down a bit before the game, then a guy I have to try and get fired up"

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t see it happening, what can Landry do at 29 that Davis can’t do at 24?

play the slot? lol

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t see it happening, what can Landry do at 29 that Davis can’t do at 24?

Completely different positions.  Landry works the slot and excels at the dirty work.  An aggressive, physical presence.  Can block but also offers good YAC from the slot.  Big time competitor with that football "DNA" that McD loves.

We will still address outside WR with speed in the draft, IMO.

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I agree with this. Theres a bit of a jump on that block i dont love, but in a split decision moment, I really dont believe it was malicious more than, taking him out of the play.  I think it was Diggs who said "id rather have a guy I have to calm down a bit before the game, then a guy I have to try and get fired up"

play the slot? lol

100% malicious

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

100% malicious

Landry after the game said "I wished I could have that play back".  Obviously he knows it was a dirty play and he meant to take him out on that play.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.