NFL Mock Draft Database

TSNBDSC

good athletes, but lets debate pros and cons:

CB - its a deep CB draft so what is the diff between pick 25 and say pick 52 for a CB which is based on Levi leaving or not ?  I say he does, if so would be a depth pick, non-starter at least until mid-season ?

DT - Davis (UGA) gap-plugger and run stopper for sure, but has no pass rush skills at college level,  so a two-down player, and Bills current interior pass rush is next to nothing - other draft-eligible DTs have better pass rush stats that our  DL surely needs, OK with waiting until second rounder.

IOL - other than this center, https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tyler-linderbaum/82291/draft-profile, I dont see the Bills making an IOL a first-rounder, while we could draft Morse replacement and groom, and we don't need OT tackles this draft, at least not a high pick, so draft some guards in the middle rounds...the next Wyatt Teller pls...

WR - strengthen a strength - Jameson Wiliams - my first round focus and hope -  will drop based on ACL tear in Jan 'ship game - also returned 2 kicks for TDs - big play ability is needed as Bills WR YAC was lowest in the league (and yes I am looking at you cole beasely) he becomes McKenzie replacement, start him as the limited gadget, jet sweep, backup returner to Speedy when he returns mid-late season from rehab.

From PFF:

Weaknesses

Long but lean and lanky.

Suffered ACL tear in the national title game.

Press release is narrow and indecisive.

Strider requiring extra time getting in and out of breaks.

Competitiveness diminishes near the noise.

Instances where he failed to finish routes.

Below-average play strength when battling for catch space.

Inconsistent tracking and working back to underthrows.

Sources Tell Us
"How does a player with this kind of talent catch only 15 balls at Ohio State? That's the question our coaches are going to ask when they get involved." -- Pro personnel director for AFC team

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

good athletes, but lets debate pros and cons:

CB - its a deep CB draft so what is the diff between pick 25 and say pick 52 for a CB which is based on Levi leaving or not ?  I say he does, if so would be a depth pick, non-starter at least until mid-season ?

DT - Davis (UGA) gap-plugger and run stopper for sure, but has no pass rush skills at college level,  so a two-down player, and Bills current interior pass rush is next to nothing - other draft-eligible DTs have better pass rush stats that our  DL surely needs, OK with waiting until second rounder.

IOL - other than this center, https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tyler-linderbaum/82291/draft-profile, I dont see the Bills making an IOL a first-rounder, while we could draft Morse replacement and groom, and we don't need OT tackles this draft, at least not a high pick, so draft some guards in the middle rounds...the next Wyatt Teller pls...

WR - strengthen a strength - Jameson Wiliams - my first round focus and hope -  will drop based on ACL tear in Jan 'ship game - also returned 2 kicks for TDs - big play ability is needed as Bills WR YAC was lowest in the league (and yes I am looking at you cole beasely) he becomes McKenzie replacement, start him as the limited gadget, jet sweep, backup returner to Speedy when he returns mid-late season from rehab.

From PFF:

Weaknesses

Long but lean and lanky.

Suffered ACL tear in the national title game.

Press release is narrow and indecisive.

Strider requiring extra time getting in and out of breaks.

Competitiveness diminishes near the noise.

Instances where he failed to finish routes.

Below-average play strength when battling for catch space.

Inconsistent tracking and working back to underthrows.

Sources Tell Us
"How does a player with this kind of talent catch only 15 balls at Ohio State? That's the question our coaches are going to ask when they get involved." -- Pro personnel director for AFC team

LOVE THIS!!!

The idea that we need a corner in the first round is completely overrated imo. Our staff is the best in the league at developing defensive backs and why would we replace a UDFA with a first rounder?  Wallace has been a very serviceable starter. So has Dane Jackson when pressed into duty. 

If you add Jameson Williams, this offense instantly adds the missing component it needs to be truly unstoppable…speed. Imagine having Diggs and Williams on the outside and Davis in the slot for at least two years…yes please. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

LOVE THIS!!!

The idea that we need a corner in the first round is completely overrated imo. Our staff is the best in the league at developing defensive backs and why would we replace a UDFA with a first rounder?  Wallace has been a very serviceable starter. So has Dane Jackson when pressed into duty. 

If you add Jameson Williams, this offense instantly adds the missing component it needs to be truly unstoppable…speed. Imagine having Diggs and Williams on the outside and Davis in the slot for at least two years…yes please. 

I’m all about Williams if he fell to 25. Doubt he does though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

LOVE THIS!!!

While I do agree somewhat, I see the appeal of getting some elite physical traits in the secondary. Drafting guys in later rounds usually means you miss out on the elite traits. I think that is what our secondary is missing.

We can play well against a lot of teams, but if they have some physical specimens at receiver or TE, they struggle. We need more speed and physicality to match up to Hill and Kelce (but not just them. It isn't all about the Chiefs).

Anyways, it is a little silly to be talking about this before free agency. Who knows what the needs will really be? We have to see how free agency plays out.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Maynard said:

I’m all about Williams if he fell to 25. Doubt he does though. 

glad you mentioned, since we are contenders, and the future is NOW, do we have a problem being more liberal with our draft pick capital than say before when we were roster building ?  Case in point...we have nine (9) picks this draft, and we lost two picks from last season (G, CB) due to being cut and snatched from PS, (BTW I love saying *****).

So trading-up for Jameson, based on draft points, we can go as high as pick #15 in the first round if we trade our second-round (52) as well as first (25)...is Jameson worth that ?  We can then move back into the second round by trading, say our number 3 this year and next years number 2 which gets us a CB or DT in say mid-second round...to get back into the third round we can trade 4th round picks this year and next to get BAA....then we still have several late round picks to draft guards, RB, and maybe a P ? 

One of things we may have to do, due to the cap,  is rely more on this years draft picks as depth-backups as opposed to cut and place on PS and risk loosing as we did last year...come mid-late season the rooks are a bit more ready to play...

It will be BPA according to their board.  This is how Beane and crew have operated the past couple drafts.  Plug holes in FA and go BPA.  I don’t think many positions, perhaps with the exception of QB and OT, are off the table at 25.

I am hoping for CB, IOL or WR in the 1st round.  I like Roger McCreary, Jahan Dotson, and Zion Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It will be BPA according to their board.  This is how Beane and crew have operated the past couple drafts.  Plug holes in FA and go BPA.  I don’t think many positions, perhaps with the exception of QB and OT, are off the table at 25.

I am hoping for CB, IOL or WR in the 1st round.  I like Roger McCreary, Jahan Dotson, and Zion Johnson.

These sound like the players that we have a more realistic chance of picking.

I'd be very happy with Jahan Dotson.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

glad you mentioned, since we are contenders, and the future is NOW, do we have a problem being more liberal with our draft pick capital than say before when we were roster building ?  Case in point...we have nine (9) picks this draft, and we lost two picks from last season (G, CB) due to being cut and snatched from PS, (BTW I love saying *****).

So trading-up for Jameson, based on draft points, we can go as high as pick #15 in the first round if we trade our second-round (52) as well as first (25)...is Jameson worth that ?  We can then move back into the second round by trading, say our number 3 this year and next years number 2 which gets us a CB or DT in say mid-second round...to get back into the third round we can trade 4th round picks this year and next to get BAA....then we still have several late round picks to draft guards, RB, and maybe a P ? 

One of things we may have to do, due to the cap,  is rely more on this years draft picks as depth-backups as opposed to cut and place on PS and risk loosing as we did last year...come mid-late season the rooks are a bit more ready to play...

I’m super high on Williams so I’d be cool with that. I want Allen to have another game changer in his arsenal and I know Williams can be that.

I guess it kinda depends on what we are able to do in FA. Overall, I do think we should start coupling these picks to move up and get guys that we know are difference makers. 

I'd be happy with Williams.  There would be some development that would need to happen, but he's got the freakish athleticism to make one drool.   My guess is he would not be a huge producer in his rookie year, but a team that is patient might have a real game breaker in a couple years.  It Buffalo didn't draft Williams, they might take a look at Calvin Austin III a bit later in the draft.  He's smaller - 5'9" but has a Tyreek Hill like skill set and speed.  He'll likely be the fastest prospect in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.