2022 Mid-Terms - All Races, Polls, and Russian Interference

Big Blitz

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Nice deflection and strawman from that fact that you can’t or won’t read. 

I'm just following the rules that your masters have insisted we need to play by.

It's going to be the most secure election in US history!

Right? How could it all fall apart in just two short years?

• Agree 1

The Parents’ Revolt

Activists’ attempts to impose critical race theory and gender ideology in public education have sparked a nationwide backlash.

Nate Hochman

FTA:

For the past half-century, the culture war has been less a battle of equals than a story of David and Goliath. From same-sex marriage to school prayer, the appetite for social transformation unleashed in the 1960s has grown in power with every victory. “History” was supposed to move in only one direction, with the advocates of liberation confident that they were on the right side.

So the fierceness of the recent backlash to CRT and gender ideology in schools took the public education bureaucracy by surprise. The parental uprisings were the bill coming due for the activist agenda that had swept through public education in recent years. As the Black Lives Matter movement marched through American life in 2020, school boards—already dominated by progressives—redoubled their commitments to the most extreme pedagogical concepts involving race and gender, without pausing to consult parents. In response, parents across the country began emerging as a formidable political force. Moms and dads suddenly were signing petitions, holding protests, and demanding answers from a school system grown accustomed to operating without parental scrutiny. In lieu of bake sales and library drives, parents were pulling together to lobby for curricular change.

{snip}

The Left’s treatment of the classroom debate is characterized by a fundamental antipathy to the traditional family. McAuliffe’s dismissal of the idea that parents should have a say in their children’s education has long been a feature of progressive political philosophy. Back in 2013, an MSNBC promotional video featured one of the network’s hosts denouncing “our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families.” In a 2021 op-ed for the Washington Post—titled “Parents Claim They Have the Right to Shape Their Kids’ School Curriculum. They Don’t”—two education-policy writers worried: “To turn over all decisions to parents . . . would risk inhibiting the ability of young people to think independently.” Speaking at a teachers’ conference earlier this year, Joe Biden declared: “They’re all our children. . . . They’re not somebody else’s children; they’re like yours when they’re in the classroom.”

The Right has a historic opportunity to position itself as the “parents’ party.” The parents’ movement is driven by the most powerful impulse of all: a desire to protect one’s children. As long as progressives are unwilling even to recognize the existence of a cultural problem in their approach to the classroom, they will continue to drive away the millions of working- and middle-class parents who may not think of themselves as conservative in the traditional sense but are repelled by college campus–style wokeness; indignant at critical race theory, gender ideology, and anti-Americanism in their children’s schools; and suspicious of the Left’s radically ambitious social-engineering schemes.

In this sense, the political earthquake in public education contains the seeds of national renewal. The art of self-government is no easy task; good citizenship must be taught. For most of our history, the education system was organized around teaching young Americans a love of justice, an understanding of the distinction between liberty and license, and a sense of patriotic duty. There’s no reason that this cannot be our future, too—across the country, mothers and fathers are demanding as much. We should listen.

https://www.city-journal.org/the-parents-revolt

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm just following the rules that your masters have insisted we need to play by.

It's going to be the most secure election in US history!

Right? How could it all fall apart in just two short years?

More strawman arguments to deflect from the fact that you seem fundamentally incapable of reading an article you yourself posted. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

More strawman arguments to deflect from the fact that you seem fundamentally incapable of reading an article you yourself posted. 

I don't need to read a friggin Politico article dude.

The point is that NONE of this was allowed post 2020. In tweets, articles or anywhere else.

It was the most secure election in  US history!!! Full stop.

If you disagreed or suggested in any way that it maybe wasnt exactly that, then it was shut up you election denier and threat to democracy.

Their tweet suggests there may be a way to undermine the election on Tuesday. Therefore I don't need to read the article because that just isn't allowed. 

Again, your masters rules. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I don't need to read a friggin Politico article dude.

The point is that NONE of this was allowed post 2020. In tweets, articles or anywhere else.

It was the most secure election in  US history!!! Full stop.

If you disagreed or suggested in any way that it maybe wasnt exactly that, then it was shut up you election denier and threat to democracy.

Their tweet suggests there may be a way to undermine the election on Tuesday. Therefore I don't need to read the article because that just isn't allowed. 

Again, your masters rules. Sorry.

LOL. Imagine admitting that you’re just posting stuff without reading or understanding it. 

Edited by ChiGoose

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.

I saw this reported and found it be fascinating. The President’s travel schedule is no accident. It takes a tremendous amount of logistics. While I dispute that it forecasts anything about tomorrow’s results, I do agree that it’s very telling about where his Party wants him to be and where it definitely doesn’t want him to be. He’s toast! 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

LOL. Imagine admitting that you’re just posting stuff without reading or understanding it. 

Imagine admitting you only follow your masters rules when it fits your narrative.

Some might call you a partisan hack for doing that.

Also imagine not realizing the point of posting it was Jesse Kelly's tweet, not any "content" from a friggin Politico article.

Keep hacking!

Enter Politico, which decided it’d be a great idea to drop an article about election fraud on the eve of voters going to the polls.

Guess which party they think is going to try to “steal” the election this time and then try not to break your ribs from laughing so hard.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Enter Politico, which decided it’d be a great idea to drop an article about election fraud on the eve of voters going to the polls.

Guess which party they think is going to try to “steal” the election this time and then try not to break your ribs from laughing so hard.

Well, Trumpers did break into the machines and copied the contents. I'm sure Moscow got that info 

According to news reports Hochul and Zeldin are close. I expect Hochul to win because NY is hard core blue. The fact that the race is close in a hard core blue state like NY can't be good for the Dems. Red wave coming tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, Trumpers did break into the machines and copied the contents. I'm sure Moscow got that info 

I don’t believe this is true. Russians hacked the voter registrations in some states but I’m not aware of them getting to actual voting machines. 

Also, all of the people sharing this Politico article should actually read it. While it has some useful information the headline is inappropriate. 

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

According to news reports Hochul and Zeldin are close. I expect Hochul to win because NY is hard core blue. The fact that the race is close in a hard core blue state like NY can't be good for the Dems. Red wave coming tomorrow.

A red wave should be the baseline expectation. The president’s party loses, on average, ~30 House seats and four senate seats in the midterm elections. 

This would give us a 243-194 GOP House majority and a 54-46 GOP senate. 

The GOP could do better than that because of inflation and Biden’s approval rating. Or they could do worse because of their extremist candidates and Dobbs. 

The polling is all over the place and not super reliable because the response rate on phone polls (the best kind of polls) is less than 1%. That means that pollsters have to try to account for partisan non-response bias. How exactly they do that can put a hefty swing on the end result. 

48 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t believe this is true. Russians hacked the voter registrations in some states but I’m not aware of them getting to actual voting machines. 

Also, all of the people sharing this Politico article should actually read it. While it has some useful information the headline is inappropriate. 

Oh, it's true 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/politics/surveillance-video-voting-machine-breach-coffee-county-georgia/index.html

Ya, polls are pretty much worthless 

If the pollsters and handicappers end up being spectacularly wrong on Election Night, there’s one group that won’t be too surprised: the pollsters and handicappers themselves.

The 2022 midterms could go exactly as modeled—a 20-some-odd-seat pickup for Republicans in the House and maybe a 51-49 GOP Senate—but the people who watch these races the closest are also warning they might be wrong in decisive ways. In either direction.

https://news.yahoo.com/pollsters-no-f-cking-idea-082954538.html

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In any case, the fundamentals point to GOP netting ~30 House seats and 4 senate seats. 

Dems can over perform and still lose both houses. Or squeak out a narrow victory. Or get crushed. We’ll find out tomorrow (or later because some states don’t process mail-in ballots in advance). 

"... rather than sell voters on why democrats will be better representatives, the 'democracy at risk' pitch pretends that electing republicans will destroy the very democratic process the voters just engaged in.

it is both silly and a circularly self-negating theory."

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

In any case, the fundamentals point to GOP netting ~30 House seats and 4 senate seats. 

Dems can over perform and still lose both houses. Or squeak out a narrow victory. Or get crushed. We’ll find out tomorrow (or later because some states don’t process mail-in ballots in advance). 

Well said Goose. And the real fundamental is that for some internal polling strategy that I’ll never understand the Democrats refuse to ‘feel the pain’ of the voters. Who’s running things over there, Leslie Frasier? 😉

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The pack of lies will begin as soon as polls close. The right wingers will be screaming lies all the way to hell over this election 

Yup, serve your country and don't be allowed to vote, this is evil 

Billy misspelled sequestered

HARRY OLSEN: My predictions for the 2022 midterm elections.

American politics has been a stalemate between the two parties for nearly 30 years. Every time it looks as though one party gains a lasting upper hand — Democrats after 2008 and 2020, Republicans after 1994 and 2010 — its legislative overreach sends it back to parity.

Tuesday’s midterm elections could be a continuation of that political trench warfare. Inflation, crime, progressive attempts at overreach and a general sense that President Biden is not up to the job will likely deliver a surprisingly large victory to Republicans. I predict the GOP will win the national popular vote by about 5.5 points, likely gaining between 31 and 40 House seats in the process. I also expect it will retake control of the Senate, gaining two to four seats.

But the GOP’s victory could also represent a chance for the United States to finally end its political quagmire. Republicans will gain support in almost every voter demographic, but they will make especially large inroads among Hispanics and middle-income suburbanites. These voters are not yet Republicans, but they increasingly recognize they are not modern Democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/11/07/midterm-elections-2022-prediction-house-senate-forecast/

My predictions are more optimistic for Republicans than those of most other prognosticators. The Cook Political Report, for example, predicts the GOP will win between 12 and 25 House seats, and FiveThirtyEight’s model forecasts the Senate as a dead heat. Those estimates and others underestimate the effect of a political truism: Midterms are always a referendum on the president.

• Agree 1

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2022/sep/18/conservative-pacs-ads-seek-to-make-governors-race/

I saw one of these billboards today and was wondering what kind of dumbass would intentionally tie himself to Biden as an election strategy. Obviously no one would do that to themselves. Hilarious. 

For a particular campaign sign that has popped up across Las Vegas as the midterm elections draw near, the message couldn’t be more clear.

At face value, anyway.

It shows President Joe Biden and Gov. Steve Sisolak side-by-side in a chummy fashion, proclaiming them the “Democrat Dream Team for Nevada.”

The catch: It’s not an ad that’s paid for by the Sisolak campaign.

Rather, the ad comes from Better Nevada, a conservative political action committee advocating for Clark County Sheriff Lombardo, the Republican attempting to unseat Sisolak for the state’s highest elective office.