Front Office Question

AtlBills

as part of the process of hiring a coord, each team must interview external candidate(s) so the rumors of Dorsey to Jersey Jiants are likely true to that extent, in addition to Dorsey I fear that our DL coach - Washington, who is former DC at Carolina (he replaced McD I believe) could be a candidate to become a DC again somewhere as I fear he would be our replacement for Frazier IMHO.

I would expect someone like Gaine to become our AGM, he was with Beane before and now after his stint as GM of the Texans....any quality org has a business continuity or succession plan for its management team...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AtlBills said:

Sorry if I missed this but did Dan Morgan leave our front office dept? When he came to Buffalo he was considered a very sharp up and comer. Can't find his name on Bills FO staff listings. Anyone??

End of the day,  I still believe the Bills need to shake things up on the defensive side of the football.  Hard to think anything changes with our deer in lights cordinator Frazier returning,  more fake news stats and then playoff meltdowns. Defence wins championships ,  maybe not the same as it was 15-20 years ago because offences and passing is so dominant but you still need a defence to go all the way and win it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, AtlBills said:

Sorry if I missed this but did Dan Morgan leave our front office dept? When he came to Buffalo he was considered a very sharp up and comer. Can't find his name on Bills FO staff listings. Anyone??

Yup...2 front office people poached in consecutive years...luckily our front office is even deeper than our roster.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Malik Boyd will be the next one people will want to pluck from us wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t named assistant GM in the next week or two 

Lake Dawson's name has popped up in the past too. One thing you like about Beane and McDermott they do like to get good guys around them.

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

as part of the process of hiring a coord, each team must interview external candidate(s) so the rumors of Dorsey to Jersey Jiants are likely true to that extent, in addition to Dorsey I fear that our DL coach - Washington, who is former DC at Carolina (he replaced McD I believe) could be a candidate to become a DC again somewhere as I fear he would be our replacement for Frazier IMHO.

I would expect someone like Gaine to become our AGM, he was with Beane before and now after his stint as GM of the Texans....any quality org has a business continuity or succession plan for its management team...

How many teams have replaced their GM with their AGM?  Seems like when the GM gets canned, everyone goes.

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many teams have replaced their GM with their AGM?  Seems like when the GM gets canned, everyone goes.

agree you dont see the assistant retained when the GM gets axed they seem to turn to external hires, Giants for example hired a vet GM who was near retirement age to being with 3-4 years ago, you would think they would have hired an heir apparent to do a knowledge transfer or get mentored, but not the case and how far does the housecleaning go as far as scouts and staff ?

8 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

agree you dont see the assistant retained when the GM gets axed they seem to turn to external hires, Giants for example hired a vet GM who was near retirement age to being with 3-4 years ago, you would think they would have hired an heir apparent to do a knowledge transfer or get mentored, but not the case and how far does the housecleaning go as far as scouts and staff ?

If a owner/team is firing it's GM, then it has concluded the FO is a failure.  Maybe a few scouts would survive, but there's no chance they would keep an AGM.  Why would they?  He's a disciple of the GM, suddenly he's going to have a whole different and new vision for the team?

It's always a housecleaning.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.