McDermott end of season press conference

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

When he continues to say execution I think he is putting blame on the entire team not an individual. Like it was chaos that last 13 seconds but it shouldn't have gotten to that point 

Like was kicking it out of bounds a mistake? if it was you still only have 13 seconds to kill. You should still be able to do that

But the word execution does scare me that McDermott doesn't know or doesn't think mistakes strategically were made. Which there were many in that 13 seconds 

Another thing that boggles my mind is that the Bills called timeouts before each of those plays in the last 13 seconds.  

Before the start of the first play, Edmunds, Milano and one of the safeties were 15 yards back from the LOS. The other safety was at the Bills 45, 30 yards from the LOS.  Just before the snap, the CBs also moved back close to 15 yards.  I think they were scared to have T. Hill get another long TD to win the game.  Playing back so far, they were fortunate Hill only got 19 yards.

I looked back at the previous Chiefs drive and the Bills had tight coverage, so good that Mahomes couldn’t find anybody open on the first couple plays.  Then came the cross that Hill took to the house.

Before the 2nd play, the Bills back 7 defenders seemed to have moved up about 5 yards from the previous play.  Kelce runs straight ahead between defenders and Milano tries to catch up to him.  Luckily Wallace just got a hand on his foot to bring him down.  The other Bills defenders then converged.  Having now watched that play a bunch of times, the Bills could’ve just grabbed Kelce and the clock would’ve run out.  You can’t fault Wallace for making the tackle though.  

Tony Romo questioned why the Bills were rushing 4.  One of them was Addison at left end.  He started to rush, then backed up and there were no Chiefs around so his presence was a waste.  On such a crucial play, I just don’t get why they didn’t double Kelce and T.Hill.  Let them try to beat you with their less talented players going one-on-one.  As he often does, Romo saw the play before it happened with how the Bills were lined up and called it.  

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

McDermott won't say anything because there's nothing he can say. How can he possibly explain that sequence? There is no explanation that will make any sense. 

Even in ' better ' times than this latest game... His press conferences are a waste of time... Rarely is something elaborated on past cliche and coachspeak...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

McDermott won't say anything because there's nothing he can say. How can he possibly explain that sequence? There is no explanation that will make any sense. 

The only answer I was interested in was why they didn't squib kick it or kick it short of the goal line.  You bleed four to six seconds off the clock they'll only have one offensive play and they pry try some weird hook and lateral or something.  If they fair catch it at the five then they have a long way to go in 13 seconds.

Just reading between the tea leaves of McDermott's comments and what I saw on the All 22 is Bass was supposed to do a squib kick and he didn't.  The coverage team was expecting it as there seemed to be some confusion as they walked off the field.  Somewhere there was a communication breakdown and that's all on McDermott.  Maybe Bass misheard "squib kick it" and heard "kick the ***** out of it."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.