Here’s a few silent assassins who aren’t being talked about much…

TheyCallMeAndy

I agree 100% with Tarron Johnson.

Poyer and Hyde have so much to do with covering up Jackson and Wallace’s deficiencies. Hell Hyde made up for Levi being beat against NE with the pick. This week is the big test. I really hope Jackson and Wallace can do enough. Jackson’s weakness is bitting on first moves, he is a very aggressive corner. Mahomes will be testing that big time. 

18 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Silent Assassin #1: Taron Johnson

Allowed 55% completions for 396 and 2 TDs. Had 1 pick and 3 sacks. Beast slot WR.

Silent Assassin #2: Levi Wallace

Allowed 58% completions for 410 yards and 2 TDs. Held his own as our #1 CB, added a career high 10 PBUs and 2 more picks. Bills need to sign this man to a long term extension, no more replacement talk. 

Silent Assassin #3: Dane Jackson

Allowed 50% completions for 254 and ZERO TDs. This kid has some monster potential.

Our CBs did an amazing job this season, I think they surpassed everyone expectations when White went down. All 3 picked their games up significantly.

Maybe I started this season thinking Tre was our only good CB.

Maybe I was wrong.  

20 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allowed 55% completions for 396 and 2 TDs. Had 1 pick and 3 sacks. Beast slot WR.

Allowed 58% completions for 410 yards and 2 TDs. Held his own as our #1 CB, added a career high 10 PBUs and 2 more picks. Bills need to sign this man to a long term extension, no more replacement talk. 

Allowed 50% completions for 254 and ZERO TDs. This kid has some monster potential.

Our CBs did an amazing job this season, I think they surpassed everyone expectations when White went down. All 3 picked their games up significantly.

I need them ALL to be sure tacklers this game. Mahomes is gonna come out throwing short stuff early because of the Bills pass rush. Bubble screens and quick outs. Gotta tackle after the catch

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I honestly think our CBs are being protected by our TWO safeties playing deep.  The coverage provided by Hyde and Poyer along with sideline-to-sideline running ability of  Milano and Edmunds is providing help to these CBs and masking their inexperience and weakness.  

14 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The DBs are so well coached. Can't say enough about that.

I think Frasier is the coach that has designed the coverage for this team with help from the Safeties and the LBs

21 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t think these numbers are correct. 
I’m pretty sure that the walkoff TD pass in the Tampa game was on Jackson. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:52 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

That's why I have no doubt we're drafting a CB in the 1st round. We obviously still need Guard/Tackle depth, but with the recent OL resurgence,  we can get someone across from Tre if Levi leaves. 

CB, OL, OL, DT

Right

We only have 1 TE and 2 of our starting WR are 34 and 32 years old.  So we should ignore all offensive skill player needs such as WR, TE, etc and use a first round pick for a CB who might or might not become a better CB than Levi Wallace, vs. just...resigning Levi Wallace.

Sounds like the perpetual holding pattern that played around OBD for 17 years - let a good player walk, draft his putative replacement who might be a better player (or might not - even 1st round picks only have an overal 50% success rate)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.