Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

All of this mess in Miami is the Bills fault, Epenesa's fault actually.

The Dolphins started out the year beating the patriots in Bahston and then we go into Miami week  #2 and Epenesa plants Tuna into the South Florida dirt. Needless to say we crushed them and Tuna missed a number of games which they lost every one.

Tuna ended up going 7-1 over the final 8 games so if he's that bad, that team is scary good.

I thought Flores was a good coach but if he said to Tuna what's been reported, he deserved to get canned. Anyway, I'll just watch them fall apart and enjoy every minute of it.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Because 67.6% completion and a passer rating of 92.5 is so much better than 67.8% completion and a passer rating of 90.1

image.thumb.png.d707dd38d7a4e375927ee40e42614dc2.png

That's 217 net yds per game  for Jones and 202.2 net yds per game for Tua

As far as the story, I think it sheds light on why many of Belichick's assistants haven't made the grade as HCs. 

Apparently Belichick has a known, sarcastic sense of humor that uses comments like "Foxboro HS has been getting those snaps right all year" or "I could bring in 2 guys off the street who could handle that" as coaching tools.

That probably plays better coming from a 6x Superbowl Champion/arguably GOAT coach than from a guy who is just getting started or who has a 24-25 W-L record over 3 years.

In a vacuum that holds up but when you add in the weapons Tua had this year. I dare say Waddle and Parker are better WR then any the Patriots have. Henry is better than their TE but that hardly makes it even.

I think Tua could be good but then again I feel Jones will be better especially now that he is getting a new HC and learning a hole new system.

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Dolphins started out the year beating the patriots in Bahston and then we go into Miami week  #2 and Epenesa plants Tuna into the South Florida dirt. Needless to say we crushed them and Tuna missed a number of games which they lost every one.

Tuna ended up going 7-1 over the final 8 games so if he's that bad, that team is scary good.

I thought Flores was a good coach but if he said to Tuna what's been reported, he deserved to get canned. Anyway, I'll just watch them fall apart and enjoy every minute of it.

The defense is.  If he doesn't get a HC'ing gig and Frazier does, would he be a good fit as DC for the Bills?

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

In a vacuum that holds up but when you add in the weapons Tua had this year. I dare say Waddle and Parker are better WR then any the Patriots have. Henry is better than their TE but that hardly makes it even.

I think Tua could be good but then again I feel Jones will be better especially now that he is getting a new HC and learning a hole new system.

I'd say Gesicki is right there with Henry.  And I think their WRs are pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The defense is.  If he doesn't get a HC'ing gig and Frazier does, would he be a good fit as DC for the Bills?

I'd say Gesicki is right there with Henry.  And I think their WRs are pretty good.

I think that Flores will be a hot ticket and get another HC gig before Frazier does.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

If he doesn’t get a gig he will be back in NE as D Coordinator. I doubt that happens as he is to good a HC not to get a job. 

14 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I think the Dolphin's early schedule was brutal and later on eased out and they always beat the Patriots.    The same happened to the Bills....Their initial schedule was easy (4-1) ..and then had to play a bunch of tough games...(I think they went 3-5 in those) and then eased out again at the end (4-0)

I still think 7-1 is damn good irrespective of whether you played bad teams. they definitely missed him in the early part of the season....may be he wins 1 or 2 of those 7 that they lost.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Why do you think a coach calling out his QBs work ethic is a fireable offense? Especially when he's had to do it for two years. 

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

If he doesn’t get a gig he will be back in NE as D Coordinator. I doubt that happens as he is to good a HC not to get a job. 

Back as junior football advisor?  Not sure about that.  I would think he'd want to be the DC somewhere rather than stuck in Belicheat's shadow.

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you think a coach calling out his QBs work ethic is a fireable offense? Especially when he's had to do it for two years. 

Was he calling out his work ethic or just basically telling his starting QB that he sucks ?

Seemed to me it was the latter.

Edited by frostbitmic

15 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Was he calling out his work ethic or just basically telling his starting QB that he sucks ?

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-didnt-like-that-tua-played-golf-on-his-off-days-and-had-a-questionable-work-ethic/

Idk. This seems like he wanted him to work harder. 

• Like (+1) 1

Flores turned a team that was gutted and predicted to be winless by many before 2019 into a borderline playoff contender in seasons two and three.   Seems like a premature move to fire him since the next coach isn't guaranteed to be better, but I have no problem with a division rival making poor decisions and switching systems every two or three years.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

But he does sucks, and did nothing to get better. So is Flores really in the wrong here? He was going to cost people their jobs because he’s stunk ever since he’s been in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

Reports show that Houston has already completed interview with Flores

I don't think Flores will take the job of HC - Head Conductor of that train wreck of a franchise.

The QB he wanted in Miami (Watson) has for the most part burned his bridges with ownership in Houston and won't be back.

I could see Flores as the Giants next HC and then trading Jones and a 1st for Watson. (If legal problems go away)

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This would be great. Get Watson out of the AFC for good. Meanwhile the Dolphins are stuck with Tua and will have to rebuild again before long.

The Giants have the ammo (picks 5, 7 and 36 this year, maybe coupled with a 1st next year).  But do they want to add a guy like him, character-wise?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.