2 seed in play?

Virgil

The Bengals also will be without starting quarterback Joe Burrow, who will sit out to rest his "sore" right knee and injured right pinkie for the playoffs, coach Zac Taylor said. Backup Brandon Allen is expected to get the start.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32999186/cincinnati-bengals-joe-mixon-tests-positive-covid-19-play-nfl-regular-season-finale-sources-say

• Thank you (+1) 1

Win the Division, bring on whatever happens next. Bills play at home for at least the first game. Win that one, worry about the next one after that. I see the benefits to so many of these scenarios. Priority one: win division, then take what's next.

That said, I can see the logic in wanting a home game of course, but I can also say that going to a warmer city or one with a dome behooves the Offense greatly. Either way, saddle up - and let's ride.

• Agree 1

I don't think this deserves it's own topic but I am curious on the answer.

Been frustrated over the Jags loss lately and if that hadn't happened they would be tied for the best record in the AFC. This got me thinking of a unique scenario.

What if:

Chiefs had beaten the Titans - Record 12-5

Bills beat the Chiefs - Record 12-5

Titans Beat the Bills - Record 12-5

So primary tie breaker is passed around. This would be a unique reason to go to the AFC W-L record but is that the answer in this case?

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

There are so many threads, I didn't know where to put this.  So MODS, feel free.

While the 1 seed is eliminated for us, I believe the 2 seed is very realistic and would give us two home games at a minimum.  Both the Bengals and Chiefs have locked up their divisions.  If the Titans beat the Texans, which they should, then the Chiefs and Bengals could very well rest their starters for the game.  Now, they could also both play for the 2 seed, who knows.  Buffalo is the only team still playing for the division and has a reason to win the game. 

If we get the 2 seed, I'd be rooting pretty hard for the Raiders to make the playoffs.  Round 2 would be interesting and the Titans look to be getting Henry back for the 2nd round.  All in all, for how this season has gone, the 2 seed would really offset a lot of the ups and downs of this season.  It's crazy to think we'd only be a Josh Allen slip away from the 1 seed.

Edit - It's since been pointed out that the Chiefs play Saturday.  So this could all be a moot point by the time the Bills play on Sunday.  Lame

Bengals look like they’re likely gonna lose…no burrow or Mixon and there’s a pretty big chunk of guys on the Covid list.  I doubt the chiefs are gonna roll over and just give us the two seed though so we’d need a pretty big upset from the broncos

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Brandon Allen against Case Keenum at Cleveland yeh it’s possible the bills get number 3 they would need the chiefs to lose to Denver to start the chain reaction to 2 and a showdown with the raiders though 

I feel like case keenum improves the browns…I don’t mean too much disrespect towards baker because he was playing hurt pretty much all year but a little bit of disrespect was intended 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

That would be huge - a chance to host possibly 2 home playoff games rather than just 1? Honestly though, if round 2 is facing Tennessee or Indy, I really don't have a lot of faith if it is yet another bad weather game. Not saying "We NeEd A dOmE" or that I would rather see those games played away, just my opinion.

I’ll say it.

Id rather play on the road.

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’ll say it.

Id rather play on the road.

I think we are just awful offensive execution in the first pats game away from thinking we have a great home field advantage lol I can see why people feel that way though.  I don’t think tannehill/wentz/Mac jones really have the arm strength to do anything in a bad weather game so assuming we’re not missing some front 7 guys like we were in the colts game we could sit in something that isn’t nickel all game long against those teams while josh will still have success through the air.  I think that first pats game goes differently if AJ Klein doesn’t hit the Covid list at the last possible second…we were missing edmunds against the colts also.  Star was missing as well but not sure that counts because he’s been missing a lot 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Except for being undefeated at home in the playoffs.  Football is weird...

You roll the dice with weather here. Think about the 2 playoff games you mentioned.

Mid 30’s with sun and no wind against the Colts. Scored 27.

30’s, snow/rain and 20mph winds against Ravens. Offense only scored 10 points. Defense bailed us out with the pick 6.

2 seed not in play IMO. I think Andy Reid could Quarterback KC past Denver if Denver have Drew Lock at Quarterback. 

The 3 seed is in play with Burrow being rested by Cincy. I think if he played that game was a guaranteed Cincy win but without him the Browns have a shot if they have not already run for the buses. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.