Looks like things are going to get ugly!

Browns | Winslow Stands to Lose Money - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 19:47:07 -0700

Adam Schefter, reports for NFL.com, Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. stands to lose a good deal of money because of his recent motorcycle accident. His incentive-laden, six-year, $40 million contract is littered with language that forbids "hazardous activities" such as motorcycling. The team could possibly ask Winslow to return the $4.4 million option bonus they paid him March 1, as well as a significant portion of the $6 million signing bonus they paid him last year. His contract also has salary escalators which he may not be able to obtain, depending on how long his injuries keep him sidelined.

How much do you want to bet Winslow's going to be screaming to get out of Cleveland?

Get ready for the "letz trade Travis fo Winslow!" posts :blink:

Adam Schefter, reports for NFL.com, Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. stands to lose a good deal of money because of his recent motorcycle accident. His incentive-laden, six-year, $40 million contract is littered with language that forbids "hazardous activities" such as motorcycling. The team could possibly ask Winslow to return the $4.4 million option bonus they paid him March 1, as well as a significant portion of the $6 million signing bonus they paid him last year. His contract also has salary escalators which he may not be able to obtain, depending on how long his injuries keep him sidelined.

How much do you want to bet Winslow's going to be screaming to get out of Cleveland?

Get ready for the "letz trade Travis fo Winslow!" posts  :blink:

326369[/snapback]

How much do you want to bet he's already pulled a Ricky Williams and blown the $10M on stupid crap and couldn't pay it back if they ask...

Guest BackInDaDay

326369[/snapback]

Woohoo! The Buffalo Hurricanes!

326369[/snapback]

Too late! He's already been summoned to the next mini camp. :angry: Check out Bills.com--he's already on the roster. Yup, #85.

326369[/snapback]

I'd make him bring a fruit basket along with returning the money. After the holdout the little prick and having the Postons as his agents I hope the Browns stick it to him.

I'd make him bring a fruit basket along with returning the money. After the hildout the little prick had and horing the Postons I hope the Browns stick it to him.

326456[/snapback]

Maybe I'm slow but WTF did you just say here?

Maybe I'm slow but WTF did you just say here?

326472[/snapback]

A bang cartoon a year or so ago had the Postons posturing for mega-bucks and lots of other 'incentives.' One of them was a fruit basket. As for the rest of the post what he said:

After the hildout the little prick had and horing the Postons I hope the Browns stick it to him.

After holding out, the little prick and the whoring Postons deserve it if the Browns stick it to him.

Or he could mean that he wants fruit stuck into orifices of all three (the soldier and the Postons). :blink:

<edit> or he could mean

I'd make him bring a fruit basket along with returning the money. After the holdout the little prick and having the Postons as his agents I hope the Browns stick it to him.

The Browns should go after every penny they can contractually recoup. As has been said, Winslow and his agents were total dickheads in negotiations and they agreed to the conditions, like not riding a motorcycle. You risk alienating the player, but it sounds like Winslow's career is never going to get off the ground.

A bang cartoon a year or so ago had the Postons posturing for mega-bucks and lots of other 'incentives.'  One of them was a fruit basket.  As for the rest of the post what he said:

After holding out, the little prick and the whoring Postons deserve it if the Browns stick it to him.

Or he could mean that he wants fruit stuck into orifices of all three (the soldier and the Postons). :w00t:

<edit> or he could mean

326486[/snapback]

Than Bang cartoon was some funny stuff too as I recall. Some of their stuff is marhinal at best, but that one.....good.

His old man, a great player in his day, retired and then became another loud mouth, racist, whinning toad. The kid has been a loud mouth from day one. Piss on him and his father.

Browns | Winslow may Miss the Entire Season - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 3 May 2005 17:04:36 -0700

Clark Judge, of SportsLine.com, reports the Cleveland Browns are concerned injuries suffered by TE Kellen Winslow Jr. in his motorcycle accident may cost him the entire 2005 season.

The primary problem, sources said, are potentially significant injuries to the right knee and right shoulder. The team cannot confirm the extent of the injuries until the swelling in the knee and shoulder subside. In addition, sources said the Browns believe Winslow may have suffered a punctured lung and an injury to his kidney, but neither of those injuries has the team overly concerned.

I saw this in an article on Yahoo...

Winslow lost a $5.3 million bonus last season because of the leg injury that dealt a severe blow to Cleveland's offense, forcing the team to remove half its playbook.

HALF their playbook was removed because of an injury to their ROOKIE TIGHT END?

Granted, the guy was a #6 pick and a really talented player, but doesn't it seem a little ridiculous to have half your entire offense based on one raw rookie tight end?