Actually feel better about the Pats game after a so so Carolina game

Billsfan1972

If the Bills rolled the Panthers after the second half they had vs. TB, I'd be again concerned that the Bills think they have figured it out.

I said the same (and was lambasted here) after the Miami & NYJ games, where I thought the results were what I'd call false positives and the NO game where all were pretty up about the offense and defense.

A little struggle vs. Carolina at home should be another wake-up call to the Bills that there is work to be done.

Now let them get redemption vs. NE!!!!!   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If the Bills rolled the Panthers after the second half they had vs. TB, I'd be again concerned that the Bills think they have figured it out.

I said the same (and was lambasted here) after the Miami & NYJ games, where I thought the results were what I'd call false positives and the NO game where all were pretty up about the offense and defense.

A little struggle vs. Carolina at home should be another wake-up call to the Bills that there is work to be done.

So you're feeling good about a game that we lost in embarrassing fashion, but "so so," about a game in which we routed our opponent.

That makes sense.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

This is dumb. They've lost 6 games. They've had plenty of wakeup calls. A little struggle vs the panthers is whats gonna do it?.... good lord.

Teams' spark can come from the strangest places and it's better to pull off a game like this previous one than to lose it. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't something that pulls them together. Perhaps the Bills just have a day on Sunday where everything comes together, or the Patriots are simply not as good as the stretch where they were rolling, and the Bills turn out to be as talented as they looked during their early run.

All that said, why did you feel the need to spit on original poster's cheerios for the crime of having faith in the team you both purport to follow?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Teams' spark can come from the strangest places and it's better to pull off a game like this previous one than to lose it. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't something that pulls them together. Perhaps the Bills just have a day on Sunday where everything comes together, or the Patriots are simply not as good as the stretch where they were rolling, and the Bills turn out to be as talented as they looked during their early run.

All that said, why did you feel the need to spit on original poster's cheerios for the crime of having faith in the team you both purport to follow?

It has nothing to do with wake up calls. Unfortunately the team isn't very good up front especially the OL. That doesn't mean the Bills can't win. Josh will have to carry the load like he always does. It is what it is and can't be fixed until the offseason.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you're feeling good about a game that we lost in embarrassing fashion, but "so so," about a game in which we routed our opponent.

That makes sense.

How did we lose against TB in "embarrassing fashion"? We came back from a 17-point deficit, on the road, against a team with a long streak of winning at home who also happen to be the defending Super Bowl champions who returned all 22 of their starters, and would have won if the refs did not miss a blatant PI that happened right in front of them.

Frustrating loss? Sure. Disappointing? Maybe, as it would have been nice to go into OT, guns blazing and finished it off. Bad timing? Definitely. Embarrassing? Hardly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That makes sense.

Missing the point.....  I think the Bills frankly have felt they just need to show up to win this year.  After the Tennessee loss, I wasn't overly impressed vs. Miami, but a lot here were.  

After the Jags embarrassment they rolled NYJ (whose defense was in the midst of an embarrassing 4 week run).  Then they avenged the Indy loss with what they thought was a convincing win vs. NO.

Frankly I thought they were not impressive at all vs. Carolina, but I have faith and think that is another wake-up call (yep there have been a few😜).  

Edited by Billsfan1972

9 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

have you seen the OP's track record? its full of lamps and ridiculous notions for years now...

The bills were gonna be UP for this game regardless of how they won the last one. Come on man.

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

How did we lose against TB in "embarrassing fashion"? We came back from a 17-point deficit, on the road, against a team with a long streak of winning at home who also happen to be the defending Super Bowl champions who returned all 22 of their starters, and would have won if the refs did not miss a blatant PI that happened right in front of them.

Frustrating loss? Sure. Disappointing? Maybe, as it would have been nice to go into OT, guns blazing and finished it off. Bad timing? Definitely. Embarrassing? Hardly.

Deciding to hand the ball off to a RB exactly zero times in an entire half of football in which you spot the best team in the NFL a three-score lead is embarrassing.

I don't care if they almost came back.  Spotting them that lead was inexcusable and TOTALLY avoidable.  And the play-calling in OT made the Bills look a high school JV team.

That final score was not a clear representation of the entire game.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

It has nothing to do with wake up calls. Unfortunately the team isn't very good up front especially the OL. That doesn't mean the Bills can't win. Josh will have to carry the load like he always does. It is what it is and can't be fixed until the offseason.

Did anything I wrote say that the O-line is not a problem? However, that's another example of something that could go right. Brown had one of the worst games a player can have. Dawkins was out and he has been up-and-down (this is not just me saying it, this is re-watching him on almost every down) and could come back healthy and have a good game. Darryl Williams was great in 2017 and 2020 so he has it in him. The line's something that needs to be addressed and they probably should change coaches and I'm all for purging all but the tackles and maybe Morse if he restructures, saving money and seeing how the draft falls, but that's another story for another day.

I wasn't even arguing that "wake up calls" are valid. It's just lashing out at the OP for having positive thoughts felt a bit extreme, while dismissing the fact that football tends to be volatile and unpredictable and teams' fortunes can shift suddenly is to ignore the history of football and especially this season. The 1-win Lions just beat the #1 NFC Cardinals last week and it wasn't even close. 

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How many "wake up calls" do they need? That should have come week 1 when they lost at home to a 137 year old man. 

Anyone that hasn't "woken up" after losing to Jacksonville or a team that threw 3 passes isn't asleep....they just aren't talented.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

have you seen the OP's track record? its full of lamps and ridiculous notions for years now...

The bills were gonna be UP for this game regardless of how they won the last one. Come on man.

Fine. Look, I get it about LAMPs (and had a reaction to SN but nothing specific and think I may have even mixed it up with him/her at one point in time--more aren't you usually negative?) and am not one to start threads (it's like tattoos, if i saw something worth it, maybe), but this one seemed benign and easy to ignore. But then, I could have ignored your comment too, so it is what it is, I guess.

10 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I dont feel good. 

Im a negative person...but still

Pats have the blueprint to beat us. Run the ball, play action pass. Solid defense. 

The Titans and Colts had no issues moving the ball against us.

The Titans and Colts also have/had the best two running backs in the NFL.

Bills will beat the Patriots.  Book it.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.